[RELEASE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Yayyyyyyy!!! Thank ya thank ya!!!

Thanks Brian you are a boss

sdbg,

I used Simple Commands many months ago when it was working properly, then it stopped. I see that it is back online now. However following your instructions I am only able to add my Chamberlain garage door to Simple Commands as well as create the Routines. However Alexa never discovers or creates my scenes. All Apps are linked together and I can easily open/close by garage with the Simple Commands App, and with the routines as well. Any suggestions? Thank you. - Bill

Thanks Brian as usual. Looking forward to a fix

Odd. Mine worked right away and Alexa detected the myq device and added two scenes, one for open and one for close. Did you check within the Alexa app on 'Scenes "?

There is an important step in SC of enabling voice assistant.

You can see the instructions here

It’s working! I got lamp and door control command sent successfully. The code is still really rough, but…I figured I’d post this anyway for anyone who is really eager. If you’re willing to do some trailblazing without much direction, here ya go:

1. Download the token generator applicable to your computer OS here: https://github.com/brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ/tree/apiV6/myQTokenGenerator. Run it (you may need to answer prompts from Windows that it is safe), enter your credentials, and get the token.
  2. Update SmartApp https://github.com/brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ/tree/apiV6/smartapps/brbeaird/myq-lite.src
  3. Once the update is saved and published, go to “App settings” on the SmartApp or click the “Edit” icon next to it in the SmartApp list. Scroll down and click on “Settings.” You should see a box named MyQToken - paste your token into the Value box.
  4. Update device handlers https://github.com/brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ/tree/apiV6/devicetypes/brbeaird
  5. Open the SmartApp, tap modify devices, and click through that process.
  6. Open the IDE logs, then try a command.

This is considered super “alpha” - it is for sure not perfect. I’ll be cleaning this up and writing up new documentation. If you do have success, let me know.

12 Likes

quick question - how do you run it on a mac? what is required? :slight_smile:

There should be a macos-compatible file to download. Just click and run it I think? It should be totally self-contained, no need to have anything else.

does not run. only able to open as text file

From bottom up, first tired opening each door. Top error is from trying to open the app in ST

From ST when opening MQLite "We’re having trouble connecting. Check your network connection and try again.

21a43a89-e4d4-4d5a-b5fc-4fc631c85a85 12:17:11 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_25950a39154cd17e8acdd4f7f3b2a3b6cb5a8033a722eb3660292fc6d098ea3b.prefLogIn() is applicable for argument types: () values:
Possible solutions: getLog() @line 81 (mainPage)

21a43a89-e4d4-4d5a-b5fc-4fc631c85a85 12:17:11 PM: info Checking for latest version…

d2202589-3f76-4a4c-b79f-49e99658210b 12:16:33 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘expiration’ on null object @line 871 (login)

d2202589-3f76-4a4c-b79f-49e99658210b 12:16:33 PM: debug Garage door open command called.

d2202589-3f76-4a4c-b79f-49e99658210b 12:16:33 PM: debug Garage door open command called.

b1b1b103-943e-4ec2-bf46-0af40f86dc3b 12:16:11 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘expiration’ on null object @line 871 (login)

b1b1b103-943e-4ec2-bf46-0af40f86dc3b 12:16:10 PM: debug Garage door open command called.

b1b1b103-943e-4ec2-bf46-0af40f86dc3b 12:16:10 PM: debug Garage door open command called.

Run it from terminal - ./myqtokengenerator-macos

I must have done something wrong… I will keep working on it

@brbeaird I enabled OAuth (not sure if needed), opened MQLite in ST and re-added the openers. Everything works now, open/close both doors with status reporting from tilt sensors. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

two macs and only able to open it as a text file

I don’t think you’ll be able to run it from the UI. Will have to open terminal command window and execute it that way.

The expiration error is something I’ll have to fix.

Got it working on my end. Amazing job. Thank you so much! You the bomb!!!

Thanks Brian. Still some growing pains here. I’ve tried installing from scratch, but when I try to install brand new, the ST App just says ‘Oops something went wrong’ while installing it. It seems the prefLogin() function hasn’t been defined yet

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_25950a39154cd17e8acdd4f7f3b2a3b6cb5a8033a722eb3660292fc6d098ea3b.prefLogIn() is applicable for argument types: () values:
Possible solutions: getLog() @line 81 (mainPage)

When trying just an update, I can get the login and the UI in the ST app shows the token is loaded but I can’t get any devices listed. I get an API error

API GET Error: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Not Found

Nothing urgent, just thought you might want the feedback.

Yes. Did a several discoveries for Devices as well as Scenes. Nothing showed up in Alexa. I think I’ll try removing everything that I have installed and start all over fresh to see what happens. This used to work for me along with brbeaid’s MyQ Groovy code. It would appear now that Simply Commands and MyQ should work independently of any additional code. Both SC and the MyQ app both open/close the door using their respective apps. But Alexa doesn’t see any connection between SC and MyQ.

if there are any other Mac users who get this to work… let me know what steps you took because I am stumped :slight_smile:

probably something simple that I am overlooking