[RELEASE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

That did it - THANKS!

@brbeaird I am a super noob , but I have installed CoRE smartapp in the past with no issues (Appeared in MyApps). I have added your respiratory and installed both the SmartApp and Device Handler within my account. I made sure to also Publish for me as well. Someone stated to change the catagory, but its locked out and not allowing me to do so. What am I doing wrong here? Anyone?

I feel like I am missing something small here. I deleted and readded both the smartapp and device handler a few times.

Thanks

You’re saying it’s not showing up under MyApps in the marketplace on the mobile app? Never heard of that before. If you’ve installed everything, it should show up without having to do anything else. Maybe post some screenshots?

@brbeaird Can someone help me out, I’m very new to smartthings and published to me the smart app and handler (it showed as publishing successfully both rime) but I guess I’m missing something when I go to mobile app, to marketplace I don’t see the my apps section to select and add. Please help me where I’m going wrong!!!. Thanks

@300mag - looks like you and @walkerj001 are having the same issue, and it’s one I’ve never seen before. It almost sounds like a weird bug on SmartThings in general because I’m not sure what’s up. Could you try creating a support ticket asking them why a custom SmartApp is not even showing up as an option to install even though you’ve published it for yourself in the IDE? I’m afraid there’s not much else I can do to help troubleshoot since you’re not even hitting my code yet at this stage.

This solved the issue for me. Samsung dev site was not detecting my location properly and sending me to the wrong shard site. @300mag, @brbeaird

Follow the tutorial here and show be good to go.

Credit goes to @tgauchat for share the info with me. Greatly appreciated, thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you @walkerj001 @brbeaird , that fixed my issue. I created support before seeing @walkerj001 response and they basically told me the same thing. Recreated with the correct location link and now I can see my apps on mobile app. Thanks again. I’m still new at smartthings (came from veralite)but I’m learning quick!!!

2 Likes

I recently installed the app and got it working great - many thanks!

Shortly after, I received an email from Lift master that said “WE noticed that your smartphone is currently using an older version of the MyQ app that will no longer be supported after 10/31/16…” Apparently there are security enhancements after app version 3.4.

Since my phone is running the latest version (3.6x), I can only guess that the ST app access may have triggered it. Has anyone else seen this? Any concern? Is an updated needed for the ST code?

Interesting. This is news to me - I haven’t gotten any e-mails from MyQ yet. Guess I’ll be watching to see what breaks after 10/31.

It’s been a few days since I’ve used this smartapp to open/close my door, but I have not received any emails from Chamberlain.

I’m new to smartthings but have an existing myq, I know they don’t work together any more but is this still a useable work aroun ?

Yes, this works still.

Thanks for your reply. I am very new to smartthings and trying to get this working but so far no luck. I have followed the instructions laid out for manually entering the code in device handler and smartapps as well as pairing a multi sensor. When I go into my apps it does not ask me the info on my garage door model or login. Any help would be greatly appreciated if you have the time.

After you enter the code for the smartapp and device handler, click publish for me. Then open the ST app, go to Marketplace: SmartApps: My Apps and you should find the MyQ Lite app. Open it to find fields to enter your Chamberlain login ID and password and a place to choose your Liftmaster/Chamberlain device, click next and I believe it will prompt you to choose your sensor.

Thank you everyone for the help, I was successful ! Now my next question I haven’t found an answer to get is can I integrate this with Alexa or has anyone done that yet…

It works with Alexa already. Tell Alexa to turn on/off the [garage door name].

This scenario actually has me worrying slightly. I have a phone with an answering machine in my kitchen. Someone who knows my home number can call it when noone’s home and leave a message “Alexa, turn on the [garage door name]” message, which the answering machine will channel through its loudspeaker…

People still have these? :grin:

Seriously, though - you can always exclude the garage door from Alexa control.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I have done in my setup.

For those that still need one Monoprice has the Z-Wave Garage Door Sensor (http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=11987) on sale for $18.49 plus $2.49 shipping. Shipping may be free if you order more stuff (they have some Z-wave plus stuff on sale and code CRYPT will take 20% off of some of it).

-Allan