[RELEASE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Did you install the device handlers?

1 Like

Think you might be right. Without the Contact Sensor the page is blank versus the Error message he reported. At least on Android. :slight_smile:

Agreed to @WB70! The sensor version is working flawlessly except one potential “bug” for me. When the door opens it would not update to “opened” status after garage door opened.

Digged through the code and I found that:

runIn(20, refresh, [overwrite: true]) //Force a sync with tilt sensor after 20 seconds

This 20-second wait in open() method of the device handler is simply too short for my garage door sensor to report back as inactive. My sensor is samsung’s multisensor, and yes I’m using sensor version, set up sensor itself as a garage door sensor and put them in MyQLite.

Below is the log from MyQLite, note the time difference between top 2 entries, I guess only 30 seconds would do for me :roll_eyes::neutral_face::neutral_face:

**8:48:50 PM:** debug Sensor change detected: Event name acceleration value: inactive deviceID: 6cb2a053-317a-4550-96c8-11138aa35ae3
**8:48:45 PM:** debug Door: Main door: Updating timestamp to: Wed Jan 10 01:48:29 UTC 2018 - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:45 PM: debug Door: Main door: Updating timestamp to: Wed Jan 10 01:48:29 UTC 2018 - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:44 PM: debug Door: Main door: Updating with status - active - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:44 PM: debug Door: Main door: Updating with status - active - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:44 PM: debug Door: Main door: Updating with status - opening - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:44 PM: debug Door: Main door: Updating with status - opening - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:44 PM: debug refresh called from Main door (0cdd19cd-3766-4b81-b2d4-6a7f0a03eea0|GarageDoorOpener|33079447)
8:48:44 PM: debug No change; door is already set to opening
8:48:44 PM: debug Request received to update door status to : opening
8:48:30 PM: debug Door: Main door: Updating timestamp to: Wed Jan 10 01:48:29 UTC 2018 - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:30 PM: debug Door: Main door: Updating with status - active - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:30 PM: debug Door: Main door: Updating with status - opening - from sensor Garage Door Sensor
8:48:30 PM: debug Sensor change detected: Event name contact value: open deviceID: 6cb2a053-317a-4550-96c8-11138aa35ae3
8:48:30 PM: debug No change; door is already set to opening
8:48:30 PM: debug Request received to update door status to : opening
8:48:25 PM: debug Sensor change detected: Event name acceleration value: active deviceID: 6cb2a053-317a-4550-96c8-11138aa35ae3
8:48:23 PM: debug got login response: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseDecorator@2592bdcc
8:48:23 PM: debug Request received to update door status to : opening
8:48:23 PM: debug Garage door open command called.

Interesting. Well, that’s a pretty easy fix to extend to 30 seconds. I’ll make a mental note of that for next time I’m in the code.

I don’t experience this issue with my ST Multisensor defined as a garage door.

What brand is your garage door? Mine is 3/4 HP Chamberlain MyQ. It actually takes about 12 seconds to open completely, not sure why sensor’s activation t takes another 10 seconds to update.

So probably the gateway is updating faster than integrated MyQ garage doors. Learned new things :smile::smile:

1 Like

If you don’t mind I can just change from 20 to 30 for that method I mentioned. Just to confirm if this is all I need to change and I’ll create a pull request to the repo. :grinning:

What about the possibility of adding another configurable parameter in the SmartApp settings to set the time from let’s say 20 to 60 seconds with a description for why and what parameter is used for.

Or perhaps a selection of MyQ Hub or MyQ Garage Door Opener that sets the parameter to 20 or 30?

The first one sounds better and I’m thinking easier to reengineer with the existing code.

Good idea! I thought of putting it on a configuration too but abandoned the thought thinking changing it to 30 is the easiest and most adaptive way. But yeah adding to configuration would be good.

As for the second idea, I think the SmartApp already has a configuration to choose garage type the first time you install it.

That doesn’t really narrow down the options between your Chamberlain and mine. It’s simply based on Brand.

The first option would be the most viable for sure.

Ah you’re right, I noticed one more thing when I came home today. When I use my garage remote or wall panel to open the door, it will show as opened after 20 seconds, so I guess it’s just that several seconds it buys before the SmartApp comes to know it started opening.

I am new to the Smartthings scene, but I really appreciate all the work that has gone into creating this integration!

I am having trouble connecting to my Chamberlain Myq Internet gateway. I followed the github instructions and added everything except the no sensor handler, but I figured I didn’t need that since the myq came with the door sensor which is installed currently on the door. Are we able to connect to the Chamberlain door sensor within ST or do we need to add a different sensor to get this to function?

The myq App works fine for the status and opening the door, so I’d appreciate any help with trying to get this to work with ST.

As far as this SmartApp goes, it doesn’t get the door status from MyQ at all, so it shouldn’t matter if you’re using the gateway or an integrated door. I probably just need to take a closer look at how it’s doing that refresh. I honestly don’t remember exactly why it’s there. In theory, it should be fine to just take status updates directly from the sensor on the door whenever the sensor sends them. I think originally the 20-second check was there as a failsafe just to make sure it does one last refresh once everything is finished.

SmartThings can’t communicate with the Chamberlain sensor, so you’ll need a separate ST-compatible sensor to actually make SmartThings aware of the door status

From the log even if sensor sends update of being inactive, the SmartApp doesn’t take it, so yeah probably need some tweaks

Hey there! I installed this today and I’ll tell you what, installing this code was far easier than installing the Smart Garage device (software related). My new device was previously used and I had to deal with a reset that wasn’t as simple as hitting the gear on the box. Boo.

Your software works great! I do have a question, is there any way to make it work as “alexa open the garage door?” I am using the sensor so maybe it needs to be on/off.

1 Like

Yes, the Alexa app now has “Routines” that let you do this. Create a routine in that app with the phrase “Alexa, open the garage door” and then have that routine turn on the MyQ garage door.

Google Home voice commands were working for me using the method, “Hey Google, turn on garage open”" or “turn on garage close”. However 2 weeks ago the garage stopped responding to the voice command. Google Assistant would say “Sure, turning on garage open” as it always had, but no response by the garage.

Did something break? Any idea how I can troubleshoot? Manual push of the buttons still works. “Recently” is also showing all activity… Everything is working except for the garage moving to Google Home/Google Assistant’s attempt to open the garage.

Weird. Do you have any other virtual switches that Google Home can control? Wondering if it’s something with those…