*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Thanks - still can’t quite work out if it can integrate the motion sensor or button on the hello doorbell.

I’m having issues with the WindoworDoorOpen! Smart app. It seems to be spotty at best. It sometimes doesn’t turn my tstats off or it just turns 1 off. It doesn’t seem like it ever turns them back on. Do I HAVE TO enter a delay in the field for the time to return tstats to previous state? Or can I leave it blank for immediatly?

Hi, you can leave it blank or specify a timer. However, you need to be aware that the smartapp relies on the ST scheduler, so if you have any issue, it would be related to the ST scheduler, not my code (as long as you follow the instructions in the smartapp).

Are there many other instances or examples of the ST scheduler acting up this bad? I mean it seems to be 50/50 at best of when it works or not.

I think it could be something with you code perhaps. You seemed to quickly dismiss that anything could be wrong with you code.

Hi, this is not the 1st version of my code… It’s has been running fine for more than 2 years. You can do a search on failing automation in the forum…

I’ve been pulling my hair out for the last hour trying to get this up and running again after a long time. No matter how many times I log in and out of nest.com (signing in using Google) to get the access URL and cookies, it always says ‘No active session found’ when first running the SmartApp.

My cookies have either begun with ‘ANID:xxx’ or ‘__Secure-xxxxx’ - I’m also stuck on MyNextManager 2.6 and MyNextTstat 2.3.8 from 06/2020. Looks like I’ve reached the limit of my free minor updates. Could either of these be causing my issue?

Hi,

You have to fit the whole cookie into the different cookie fields in AppSettings. You can use the existing ‘;’ delimiter to split the cookie into different parts. You should use notepad to split the cookie into different lines with similar length.

As indicated in the instructions, you should NOT insert spaces or other characters in the cookie fields as this will be rejected by Nest.

There are screenshots under the ST community wiki to help you in the process :

P.S. The versions you’re using are not the latest, but the authentication will work.

Hi Yves, thanks for the tip. The spaces were the issue.

Unfortunately it still says (0 found) upon searching for thermostats to expose.

I had attempted the nest account integration first, received a 0 found result, migrated the account to Google, reset the thermostat, and it’s still showing 0 found. Any ideas?

Hi, you need to reset the tstat at the unit using the WWN option.

Are you part of a partner program (with a utility)? If so, the tstat is not under your Nest account, and my code won’t be able to find it.

Appreciate your time, the WWN option was the magic step. We’re all set.

Would upgrading to the latest and greatest have any added benefit?

1 Like

Hi @flat, please refer to my 1st post where all minor updates have been documented.

To answer your question: yes, there have been some minor bug corrections and some optimisation since v2.3.8.

Regards.

Great, I’ve re-purchased. Thanks again!

You just need to update the code in the IDE, save & publish (for the smartapp & Device Type Handlers). No need to redo the authentication part…

1 Like

Will your smart app get migarte to new samsung developer tool when the smartthing ide is discontinued.

Their is a talk on moving things to rest api and node js instead groovy script?

Will this get impact the current code and setup?

Hi, I don’t have any such plan for the moment. This would mean a full rewrite of the code.

The groovy code will still work for quite a long time, don’t worry… .

Regards

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors & all Nest users that new major versions of MyNextManager(v3.0), MyNextTstat(v3.0),MyNextAlarm (v3.0 for Protects) * can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

You can download the Next devices at my store:
www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type) and the service manager (MyNextManagerV2, provided that you have already done the authentication ).
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • The new UI presentation amongst others adds a custom capability (set Nest Away or Home settings, see image below) and the presence/humidity capabilities.

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My NextTstat DTH and are located at my github.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyNextManagerV3, MyNextTstatV3, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects) are available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards

5 Likes

@yvesracine A few issues with this latest release…

Temperature setting, at least for Heat , are sent to the thermostat and the Nest app But when I make a change on the thermostat or Nest app, it updates really slowly in the app. Maybe it’s always been this way?

Love the new Home/Away feature. However, when in Away mode, the thermostat changes to Eco and in the Nest app, the setpoint is the Eco setpoint (50 degrees). In your device, it still displays the previous temp setting, not the Eco setpoint. Actually, I just saw it change and increase the previous setpoint by 1 degree, but its still not the Eco setpoint.

Despite nobody being in the room, your device is showing Motion Detected and Present.

Hi,
You need to wait for the changes to be propagated to your Nest devices under SmartThings according to your polling interval (set in MyNextManagerV2, last page). By default, the polling interval is set to 10 minutes to avoid polling the Nest servers too much.

You can change the polling interval to be 1 minute if you want quasi real time changes. Don’t forget that it’s a cloud-to-cloud integration, not a local device, so there will always be a delay (especially with the new Samsung connect app which is slower)…

By default, the app will set the eco mode when Away (which most people prefer).

If you don’t want this feature, you can use a webCore script and call the setStructureAway() method which only sets the Nest structure to Away.

About the motion and presence attributes, your Nest tstat most likely doesn’t support motion detection. It’s dependent on your firmware and your device model (and your location as in Europe, it seems that this feature is disabled). By default, presence is set.

Regards.

For some reason, my Nest Protects (google account) are not getting any updates… I don’t think. The History tab shows the last update as the day I installed the Smartapp. My thermostat and temp sensors are all updating fine. I haven’t had a smoke alarm so I can’t confirm this but should I make a webCoRE piston to call a refresh or is there any way to confirm they aren’t receiving updates? Thanks.

Hi, you need to see the history of events or better to enable detailed logging under the IDE.

Probably your Auth tokens need to be set up properly.

Regards

1 Like