[RELEASE] My Next ManagerV2 for your Nest® products

Then youy F’d.
Sorry, you can thank Google for killing the works with Nest.

Great… gosh, I wish I knew. Has anyone found a work around?

Don’t migrate to Google and works with nest may still work for a while until google kills it completely!

Technically you can still set up a nest account today only if you’re lucky.
Don’t migrate to Google!

I don’t see a nest account option, only “create a google account.” I already have one Ecobee thermostat, so I’ve decided to switch over my remaining ones to Ecobee as well. WAY more friendly to any modifications via Smart Things or Alexa. Sorry (not sorry) Nest, you lost another customer!

1 Like

Thank Google. Nest was a good company. Google are the ones that effed up.

Hi,

If you have lost your auth tokens from Nest and/or migrated to a Google Account, and your ST-Nest integration is not working anymore, then the new versions of MyNextManager (V2.1.9, MyNextTstatV2.1.2, MyNextAlarmV2.1.2 and MyNextSensorV2.1.2 ) may be for you.

You can now download the new major version at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

_MyNextManagerV2 (service manager for My Next devices) now uses the Nest Web APis (not the “official” APIs as they have ended since August 31, 2019). The Web APIs don’t have the strict rate limiting as the old APIs and they are as reponsive as the native Nest application.

_ MyNextTstatV2 now natively supports the following commands:

• setHotWaterBoost: in the device UI and as a command for WebCore users. This is useful for Nest users in Europe.

• setTargetHumidity: to set a target humidity level.

• For the full list of attributes, capabilities & commands supported,refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Alarm

Regards.

3 Likes

I am running version 2.1.9a and am having some issues. Every 80-90 minutes, I get a notification that it is about to try to re-login. Everything is working fine. Additionally, I am unable to change any of the logging settings. It always reverts back to 5 for the logging level. I changed the default in the code to a 1, but it didn’t seem to stop the message.

1 Like

Hi @jeffchristoffer, during the beta testing, the logs were useful for any troubleshooting. For the extra notifications, you probably have uncommented the send_msg boolean variable in the login() method.

I’ve created a new version of MyNextManager (v2.1.9b) with less tracing.

You can download it using the same sellfy download link that was sent to you when you made your contribution.

Regards.

Will this allow us to use Nest thermostat with smartthings after migrating to a google account?

Yes, as indicated in my previous post and the 1st post of this thread. You need to do some manual copy & paste to get the login info from Google.

Sorry, the reason I was double checking is because I am surprised not many people are here thanking you. I have seen lots of posts and discussions on this issue.

Well, I’m asking a contribution at my store for the whole effort (design, development, testing). It’s not free, but equivalent to few cups of coffee…

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards.

I’ve purchased your code for the Nest Protect and the Nest Manager. I’ve gotten the setup completed and pulled in my four Nest Protects. I’m also having the same issue as Jeff with the login() notification.

Another issue I ran into was I did a smoke test and refreshed the device while the smoke detector was going off and it never updated it’s status.

Hi,

As per my last reply, for the tracing & notifications, all you need to do is the following:

1- [RELEASE] My Next ManagerV2 & My Next DevicesV2 for your Nest® products - new integration with SmartThings based on Web APIs (not WWN)

2- As far as the Protect’s status is concerned, you need to be aware that the update is dependent on your polling interval. By default, it’s every 10 minutes, if you want a shorter interval, you need to change the polling interval in the service manager smartapp (MyNextManagerV2). Of course, this is not real time polling, but it can be shortened to 1 minute ( you may also want to change the cache settings).

If your devices are not updating properly, and you’ve checked the logs in Live Logging and found some errors/exceptions, the likely cause would be that you haven’t copied the google/nest login info correctly or lost your auth tokens by closing the home.nest.com session.

Please refer to the following troubleshooting section, and re-enter the login info (and check the logs for any exception like Unauthorized or error 401 or any other errors) as indicated in the steps below (with screenshots):

P.S. *Those are my recommendations at this point, without having access to your logs, I cannot help you further. You’d need to send me some logs at services@maisonsecomatiq.com if you need further assistance on that matter.
Regards.

And, please take into account the following ST platform issues:

https://status.smartthings.com/incidents/dtj9mgt0wyvp

Regards

Hi, after some further testing, I sent out an email to all my MyNextDevices contributors about a fix that I just made related to your issue.

I found out that, in some cases, the _state suffix attributes (ex. alarmState, NestAlarmState) in MyNextDevices were not reported correctly in SmartThings.

I created some new versions (v2.1.3) to fix this issue.

The new versions can be downloaded at my store, using the same sellfy download link that was sent to you when you made your contribution.

Thnx for the feedback.

I’ve implemented the new 2.1.9b version. The frequency of the notification of the relogin() action had dropped, it is still occurring around every 6 hours, at least over the last 24.

Hi @jeffchristoffer, if you don’t want any notifications, you just need to say ‘no’ to the following option in otherSettings(last page of MyNextManagerV2).:

• ‘Send a push notification’: Yes or No.

P.S. I also changed some tracing level in getStructures() in v2.1.9 of MyNextManagerV2 to avoid any notifications send commands. You can download it at my store.

Regards.

Thanks for the update. I wont be able to test the smoke event until later this weekend.

After months without Nest integration in my ST thanks to Google dropping support of the Nest API, I’ve been able to add my smoke detectors back into my environment. I use the Nest Protects as part of my Smart Home Monitor, so the integration was sorely missed.

1 Like