*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

So, if you have any questions about contribution/pricing or support of my excellent products, please send them to services@maisonsecomatiq.com and I will answer them quickly.

Otherwise, you can use the forum for any other questions (features or other technical ones).

The 1st post of this thread gives a high level summary of the features with links to some detailed info at the ST community wiki.

As a reminder, the code is available now for download at my store.

Regards

2 Likes

Is there a bundle price for both the Ecobee DTH, and this DTH?

Hi. I am interested in just the camera code as I do not have any others nest devices. I see you list this as a bonus. Any chance of getting pricing just for this?

Please PM me for contribution/pricing or send me an email to services@maisonsecomatiq.com

Please PM me or send me an email @ services@maisonsecomatiq.com.
Regards.

Hi @rudyinDana, so any feedback on the DTH?

P.S. You can PM me if you prefer.
Regards.

Hi. I actually haven’t really played with it much. I am probably going to be the worst at giving feedback. I live on the Southern coast of California and I only have heat, no AC, and I think the most I have ever even used the furnace was maybe 10 days a year in the month of January. I did run through it to see if it operated my system and thermostat and it did just fine. I just like checking out different Smartthings implementations. I’ll play with it and if I find anything interesting, I will definitely let you know.
Thanks for asking about it though!

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Deffendall, any feedback on the DTH?

P.S. You can PM me if you prefer.
Let me know. Thnx.

As a reminder… Thnx.

Shouldn’t you be advertising your product on the Nest forum?

1 Like

HI,

My latest version of ScheduleTstatZones (v8.1.5) now includes the required logic to set your Nest thermostat(s) to ‘eco’ when your ST location mode is Away, and back to its orginal mode when Home.

You can now trigger this feature on a schedule by schedule basis which means that you can trigger the ‘eco’ mode during the day schedules for example, but not at night (according to your own requirements).

My zoned heating/cooling smartapps can leverage the Nest APIS with My NextTstat in order to give you the optimal comfort and energy savings for your home.

You can also enable targeted heating/cooling for the zones of your home which matter the most during the day or at night (ex. upstairs bedrooms at Night, ground floor and basement during the day).

For more information about ScheduleTstatZones or MyNextTstat, refer to ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones

You can even get some Nest comfort and energy savings tips verbally (with Ask Alexa) or using a smartapp called NestGetTips at my github:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NestGetTips

The code is available now at my store:

Regards.

Hi,

Following some changes to the Nest APIs in January 2018, I added the following security attribute to all MyNextDevices (MyNextTstat (v1.0e), MyNextAlarm (v1.0e), MyNextCam (v1.0c):

• wwn_security_state, has been added to the Nest API. This state works with Nest Cam to enable Works with Nest integrations to simulate occupancy and deter intruders.

N.B. This attribute is not directly associated to the new Nest Secure devices, but a new security permission (security state) has been introduced in preparation for the Nest Secure. To use the new attribute in your HA scenarios, you need to add this new permission (and re-authorize).

Refer to permission n) under

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Required_Infos_under_the_Permissions_page

For more details about the new security attribute, refer to
https://developers.nest.com/documentation/cloud/release-notes

https://developers.nest.com/documentation/cloud/security-guide

The new code is now available at my store.

Regards.

One last warning - please keep discussion on topic and civil. We are usually very lax with enforcement but I don’t think that this approach is working in this situation. Keep comparisons with other available DTHs for Nest out of this thread - the last thing that I want to do is to have to close a thread for a community DTH. If you would like to have such a discussion please have it in a different thread and be respectful.

4 Likes

Hi,

I’ve just released a new version of MyNextTstat (v1.0g) which contains the required logic for settings an ETA and cancelling an ETA through the setETA and cancelETA commands.

Examples of calls in a smartapp or in CoRE/webCoRE (rule engine):

YourNestTstat.setETA("",“sample-trip-id”,“2018-01-30 23:00:00”,“2018-01-31 23:59:59”)
YourNestTstat.cancelETA("",“sample-trip-id”)

N.B. The ETA start time must be within few hours/minutes of the current time, otherwise Nest will not accept it.

The new commands above allow additional capabilities for your HA scenarios with your Nest thermostat.

How ETA works

In some cases, users have a 3rd-party app that uses GPS to provide estimated time of arrival (ETA) data to the Nest API. In other cases, the user might use an app to manually enter their ETA. Or maybe the ETA is calcluated based on the user’s regular schedule.

ETA apps that are integrated with the Nest Thermostat cause the thermostat to begin warming or cooling the home before the user arrives.

Please refer to the Nest documentation about this topic:

https://developers.nest.com/documentation/cloud/away-guide

Also, please note of the following Nest’s ETA behavior:

When you send ETA data to the API, the thermostat uses it as one of many inputs to decide whether or not to activate the hvac equipment. Over time, it will try to determine whether the ETA data from your application is accurate. If it thinks it is accurate, it will use it to activate the heating/cooling system.

To use it successfully, you need to put ETA objects like you did above (multiple over time works better). If your ETA estimates are accurate, nest will use them.

The new code is available at my store.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

P.S. My contributors can use their existing selffy download link to get the latest versions.
Regards.

I tried NST Manager but ifound t was too slow/buggy for my needs. I was about to drop my Nest in favor of an Ecobee 3, but i just saw this new integration. How does everyone like it? Does it provide a similar seamless experience to the native ecobee & Smartthings integration? Thanks

Hi @endiz,

When you say “a seamless experience to the native ecobee & SmartThings integration”, do you mean through the “MarketSpace”?

This is a custom integration (just like My ecobee device), so you’d need to manually create the DTH and related smartapps and execute MyNextManager under MarketSpace>SmartApps>MyApps to connect your Nest devices to SmartThings.

This integation is based on the native ST UI, so rendering is faster. I hope that this post answers your questions. For more information about the custom integration flow, refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#UI_and_integration_setup_workflow

Regards.

For all my contributors, I’ve just released new version (v1.1) of all MyNext devices which improves the “replay” logic for myNext devices in case of “failed” commands due to timeouts or throttling by Nest.

You can download the new version at my store.

Regards.

Thanks @yvesracine

NST Manager was unbearably slow. I don’t mind installing custom device handlers and apps, I just want the experience to be better :wink: I’m assuming you don’t have a trial version of the handlers/smartapps?

1 Like

No, sorry…

EDIT: But, MyNext Devices are working very well…If you find an issue, I will fix it ASAP and you’ll be able to get the minor updates.

Great app. I love it. MyNextManger and Zone control for keen vents. Works really well. Also the support and communication is outstanding…

1 Like