[RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities!

Hi. I still have the old code ( before they forced us to have a Google account ) from the other Nest smart app , this obviously isn’t working within the new v3 ST app. I can still see the smart app within ST and I can actually control it through another smart app called SmartRules but I like the idea of this app. What do I have to do? Completely remove anything to do with that within ST app?

Thanks.

Hi, you’d need to contribute to the MyNextManager V3 at my store.

The code has been rewritten to use the Nest Web APIs (less throttling, more features exposed) and I’ve revamped the UI to follow the ST standards & custom capabilities.

In order to use the new code, I’d recommend creating the new devices with MyNextManagerV3, substitute the old for the new devices in all your automations & scenes (including SmartRules) , and then, after remove the old devices

Regards.

Thanks mate.
Having read this

The Nest Thermostat E with Heatlink (UK) is NOT supported

I’m not sure if this will work for me? Pretty sure I have a heat link connected to my boiler.

Hi, if your tstat was supported before, then it should be supported now.

I’m talking about the following tstat. There are different models for boilers.

Regards

@yvesracine

Payment links are broken on your store.

Had your old code for years, finally had to migrate. will gladly pay for this one.

Hi,
The selffy e-commerce server seems to be working fine on my end of things… Could you retry?

Thnx for your patronage.

I’ve tried a couple machines, different browsers and disabled ad blockers.

This is as far as I can get

Hi, it may be a regional (localized) issue with the ecommerce site. I don’t have any control over the ecommerce site.

Try again tomorrow and let me know if it still doesn’t work. I will then contact sellfy.

Regards.

1 Like

Had a chance to try again on a different network in a different region, Still the same.

I’m just next door in Ont

Hi, you must have a pop up blocker in your browser. You should deactivate it or allow the pops-up from the site.

I have many users who have contributed since 2 days ago, so it’s not a e-commerce issue (like I originally thought)…

Regards

Hello,
I am not clear with what does this ??

Does it allow google home integration to smartthings ?
Does it allow chrome cast integration ?
Does it allow TTS ?

TY

Yves,

I have a problem downloading the Version 3 code. I’ve used both my original Sellfy download link (from Summer 2020) and when that didn’t work I re-purchased, but with the same result.

1. The Sellfy link looks fine on its face, but when I open the Zip it includes files labelled as V2.

To note, when I look inside the files themselves, MyNextTstatV2 and MyNextAlarmV2 include comments that they are Version 3 code, but MyNextManagerV2 and MyNextSensor V2 include comments that they are Version 2 code.

FYI: I’m in the USA if that is useful for troubleshooting the Sellfy distribution:

File attached with all relevant screenshots.

Hoping you can assist.

Ian

Hi,

Don’t worry: you have the latest versions of the smartapps & DTHs. The name of the smartapp or the DTHs is different from the version numbers. For backward compatibility (for the instantiation process), the name of the smartapps or DTHs stays the same, but not the version in the header.

The version number of any of my smartapps is located in the header under a global method called ‘get_APP_VERSION’ in the header, and it appears in the 1st page when you execute the smartapp.

private def get_APP_VERSION() {
return “3.3.1”
}

The version number of all DTH (Device Type Handlers) is also located in the header as indicated in your image.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi @mattrix, if you mean by google home integration and TTS that your Nest tstat would be integrated to Google Home for automation purposes & voice integration through Google Home Assistant, then the answer is yes.

I’m not aware of any Chrome Cast integration…

Regards

@yvesracine

Greetings, I just installed your handler yesterday and it went smoothly without a hitch. Great app!
One thing I noticed is in the IDE, everything seems to be doubled, which seems odd.

Screenshot 2021-01-14 105438

Hi, this seems to be due to the ST custom capabilities that sometimes duplicate some thermostat capabilities… This is a ST platform issue, and there is nothing I can do on my side of things (for the moment) to fix this.

ST custom capabilities are still a work in progress, refer to Custom Capability and CLI Developer Preview

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply.

One other thing I’m wondering about. When I look at “MOTION” for my Protects, I notice anywhere from 9min to 13min goes by before it shows inactive. Is there an adjustment I can do so it’s only 1 min?
The fact your handler does motion is a huge bonus. :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 113038

Hi, the only thing you have control over is the polling interval set in MyNextManager (last page). You can set it up to a 1-minute polling if you want faster responses from the APIs.

However, you’re still dependent on the Nest Cloud and there may be some other delays involved…

Regards.

1 Like

Yes what you need to do is plug a usb back there and charge the thermostat as time goes on you will see it wont lite or quick wake cause the battery is low ive only jump startee on the beging cause thats what nest told me