*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Hi Yvesracine,

I have downloaded the new version and updated both smart app and DTH from the code. But i am getting network error when i tried to change the temperature and I also seeing some codes in fan mode.

Note: i have followed all instructions as per release note.

Regards,
Sundar

Hi, are you on IoS? I would recommend to kill the app, and clear all cache data…

There could be on issue on the ST platform side, so there is still problem after clearing the cache, please contact ST support.

Regards.

From the pictures, I note that the system mode is Off. Try changing the Mode to Heat or Cool before changing the temp. I can reproduce this on my phone with the Mode set to Off.

Hi yvesracine,

I am using Android and I am able to get the network error resolved by removing and re-installing from beginning with new auth token but i am still seeing the Po_Code in my screen after clearing the cache and force kill the app.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sundar

Sorry, but your UI presentation problems that you’re experiencing are not due to my code, but to the ST platform. You will need to contact ST support about it. This is dependent on many factors such as your phone model, the Android version you’re using, and so on.

If you wish, send me an email to services@maisonsecomatiq.com and I will resend you the previous version, so that you can revert back to it if ST support cannot help you.

Regards.

Hi yvesracine,

I think I have found out the issue , the VID is not supporting my device configuration. Mine is Samsung note 20 ultra with latest smart thing app not a classic one. When i use your previous VID, the Fan Mode is appearing properly but missing the Nest away mode since the latest VID has the newly added system config.

Please let me know how to resolve it.

Regards,
Sundar

I guess in your situation, you can revert back to the previous version…This is a ST platform issue, so hopefully they will fix it for your configuration soon…

P.S. The VID is for the new Samsung connect app, not the old SmartThings mobile app as it doesn’t support it.

Hi yvesracine,

Thanks for the info, I think the new VID has some config issue. I have tried the new smartthing app in older android and newer one as well. Both has the same issue. Your code has no issue and after my debugging i could say some of the default capability got tweaked by Samsung which seems to be not supporting with the newer version.

Regards,
Sundar

P.S . Your older version works well in the new android as well in the old android. The extra capability which shows in the app is highlighted in my picture.

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that new major versions of MyNextManager(v3.0), MyNextTstat(v3.1),MyNextAlarm (v3.0 for Protects) * can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

You can download the Next devices at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type) and the service manager (MyNextManagerV2, provided that you have already done the authentication ).
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • In MyNextTstat (V3.1), the new UI presentation adds the set Target Humidity tile to control the humidity via the humidifiers/dehumidifiers connected to Nest (see image below).

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My NextTstat DTH and are located at my github.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyNextManagerV3, MyNextTstatV3.1, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects) are available at my store:

Regards

1 Like

Hello. I have an inquiry.Could you please modify it so that only the current temperature is displayed, so that the humidity is displayed as well?

Hi, you should see this presentation.

See my previous post above.

If not, you need to reset your cache as indicated in the release notes.

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that a new version of MyNextManager(v3.1) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• In MyNextManagerV3.1, there is no need to split the google cookie anymore in AppSetting variables. The whole cookie can be copied over to a global variable in the code (header). This will make the Google Account user’s installation easier and less error-prone.
  • All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type) and the service manager (MyNextManagerV2, provided that you have already done the authentication ). If you have aleady MyNextManagerV2 running, copy over the AppSetting variables to the header section (code), save & publish in the IDE.
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes for the Next devices since V3. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • In MyNextTstat (V3.1), the new UI presentation adds the set Target Humidity tile to control the humidity via the humidifiers/dehumidifiers connected to Nest (see image below).

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My NextTstat DTH and are located at my github.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyNextManagerV3.1, MyNextTstatV3.1, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects) are available at my store:

Regards

2 Likes

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that a new version of MyNextManager(v3.2) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• ***In MyNextManagerV3.2, the new version corrects some duplicate issues when renaming the devices.
  • All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type) and the service manager (MyNextManagerV2, provided that you have already done the authentication ). If you have aleady MyNextManagerV2 running, copy over the AppSetting variables to the header section (code), save & publish in the IDE.
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes for the Next devices since V3. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • Since V3 of MyNextDevices, the new UI presentation adds the set Target Humidity tile to control the humidity via the humidifiers/dehumidifiers connected to Nest (see image below).**

MyNextManagerV3.1, MyNextTstatV3.1, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects) are available at my store:

Regards

Re:

• In MyNextManagerV3.1, there is no need to split the google cookie anymore in AppSetting variables. The whole cookie can be copied over to a global variable in the code (header). This will make the Google Account user’s installation easier and less error-prone.

With that in mind, I believe that README item #2g is not longer relevant:

g) [ST IDE] Click on App Settings and then Settings, and copy the required login info (Google or Nest account) whether you’re still a Nest account user or a Google Account user.

1 Like

Hi Yvesracine,

I am not able to download the v3.1 of next manager and next thermostat from my sellfy link.

Regards,
Sundar

The name of the package is V3, but the content reflects the latest changes (see header in the code under get_APP_VERSION().

Regards

So it looks like Nest is now natively supported by St. Is there additional features that this integration does over the supported one? Has anyone used new New integration?

1 Like

Yes, MyNextManager integration supports the Nest protects (with motion detection), and the official doesn’t.

On top of it, this integration not only supports control of humidifiers/dehumidifiers connected to the Nest thermostat, but it supports also FanSchedules, and many other tstats settings (ex. Hot Water Boost in Europe) which are not exposed in the official APIs.

Finally, there is no throttling in effect with the Nest web APIs contrary to the official Google APIs.

So, this integration will remain for months and months to come, as it’s still relevant for reliable automation with Nest.

P. S. The official integration will not be released before next year which can mean many months from now in Samsung timeline

Regards

Gotcha thanks.