*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Though an exact date has not been given they have said the Groovy IDE is planned to be decommissioned in 2021 as i understand it. They have also already provided multiple IDE platforms that can be used. Every indication i can find is that they will not be hosting user code like they did after the Groovy IDE is retired and any custom code will need to run by either the developer or end user on the own infrastructure or using amazeon AWS.

Based on that answer all i can assume is that you haven’t done any development to use webhooks with the Smartthings API.

Hubitat compatability is nice since the groovy code for the most part doesn’t require much changing.

I, for one, hope that MyNext Manager continues to work, even if Samsung kills the Groovy IDE and creates their own.

I was one of those dinosaurs who had a 1st generation SmartThings Hub, and was told last week that the 1st generation hubs were being phased out in June. Nice to them to do that. Anyway, I took advantage of the Aeotec replacement hub offer, and actually just migrated everything on my old hub to the new one this weekend. Everything, that is, except the NST Manager hooks into my Nest Protects.

I’ve elected to use the native ST/Google Nest hooks into the Thermostat and my 2 Outdoor Cameras, which all seem to work flawlessly with the new hub. However, of course ST didn’t build in support for my 2 Nest Protects. After banging my head against the wall for the last couple of days in trying to get NST Manager to work on the new hub (yeah, I know it hasn’t worked since 2019, but I figured I’d try), I just decided to break down and buy Yves’ application.

The code is almost 100% foolproof. I am not a developer, but I am somewhat familiar with the Groovy IDE, and the only issue I had was copying the cookie code from Chrome Dev Tools into the MNM text. Once I figured that out, though, and published and ran the app, it immediately saw my thermostat and my 2 Protects. I set the refresh interval to 1 minute, and everything worked flawlessly. I have to say that Yves’ code was very well done.

I just hope that the app still continues to work after ST changes their IDE UI. MyNextManager is really a nice solution, and while I really hoped to find a free solution, this wasn’t too expensive to get everything going in my home automation system.

1 Like

@yvesracine Any assistance here with knowing if I can just replace any instance of home.nest.com with home.ft.nest.com and it should work? Or do I need to adjust some other things as well?

Sorry, I don’t know anything about this beta program… Maybe some contributors know about it…

Took the plunge and paid for this about 6 weeks ago and so far it’s working well with the Nest Protect devices (the only Nest things we own…) which is fantastic. I’m just hoping there’s a way for this to continue to work after the Groovy IDE is retired… or to see direct integration for Home Assistant! :grin:

I haven’t quite worked out the Motion Sensing with them yet as they seem to stay in ‘Detected’ for a long, long time at the moment but I’ll dig into this a bit more as I’m hoping to use them to create ‘presence sensor’ type virtual devices.

Great work and many thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

I just bought & installed your device handler and app(I bought it under this email - megarch@hotmail.com). So far its looking great. Finally very happy to see my nest learning thermostat in smartthings. Been thinking about this for almost 3 years now. Great work!
Looking forward for your future updates.

Cheers,
Megarch

1 Like

Will this help me to average temperatures between multiple Nest thermostat/sensors in one room?

Hi, yes MyNext bundle at my store can average out several sensors as part of a running zoned schedule.

You have different calculation methods:avg, min, max, median, and heat-min/cool-max.

For more information about the zoning smartapp (supported features and use cases) refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones

Regards

Thanks! Do you plan to continue this project’s development with the latest API announcement?

Hi, I’m waiting to see what will replace the Groovy IDE…

Regards

Having issues making a new scene. It wants a cool temp in the range of 0-40 (probably for Celsius) but I’m using fairenheit. Updated device handles and smart app to latest. Any help?

Hi, this issue is not related to my code per se. It’s an UI issue that appeared with the last version of the Samsung app.

Please contact Samsung support.

Regards

All thermostats are doing this in New ST app? Can I convert to C and set that properly?

Yes, you can convert to Celsius in order to set your tstats.

Nope. Celsius scene not setting t-stats. Funny enough I have a previous scene that has F temps in it (it won’t let me edit those) and they set tstats just fine. Any work arounds/help?

I’m thinking of migrating my Nest account to my Google account. Any draw backs in doing so with your app?

Hi, yes you can use your Google account instead of your Nest account.

Just make sure to download the latest version of my code using the same sellfy download link and follow the instructions for a Google account at the Readme.

Regards

There was a similar issue with the stock integration (Celsius and Fahrenheit) . It seems to be a cache issue.

The stock integration is working flawlessly with F temps. Both in scenes and automations.

In addition under the thermostats it shows a filled in oval under my current fan setting (Auto) which MyNextManager never seemed to do. I need this to work so I think I’ll just stick to the stock integration going forward as I don’t use any of the other advanced features of your integration. I’ll still use yours for my Nest Protects and temp sensor as they aren’t supported. But the stock integration is working 100% for me right now.

Well, the same code also works flawlessly under the Hubitat platform… So, it’s not my code per se, but an UI issue under the Samsung platform…