*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Thank you, I realized that after I posted. Newest issue I have is the new renamed SmartApp, my sensors and protects are available, but the two thermostats are not. It looks like the thermostats are linked to the original SmartApp (that I cannot delete) even though the devices have been deleted.

The log clearly shows no devices are linked though, extremely weird:

getChildDevices(false), children=0

Just try the following:
https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2315:_My_Nest_Tstat_doesn.27t_show_up_in_MyNextManager.27s_list_of_devices

Regards.

Out of curiosity, how are we informed of any code updates? Usually in the IDE there’s an indication, but since we’re not adding the DEV to the list in the repository, the IDE doesn’t know if an update happened.

Hi, minor updates are indicated here in this ST community forum thread.

Refer to the 1st post for the history of minor updates/releases. You can click on them for more details.

Regards.

Anyone know if this will work with the Nest Field Trial program? (It’s their beta test platform/users).

Yves, I’ve recently upgraded to use V3 of MyNextManager. I’m having issues not retrieving all my thermostats from Nest.

I have 5 nests, 6 sensors and 1 protect. I’ve created 2 smartapps to balance the update load between them. The apps work and retrieve all the sensors and the protect, but only ever one thermostat (the same one every time). I have removed, reset and re-added two of the other thermostats that are not retrieved (according to your instructions), and still neither of these thermostats show up.

I have considered creating an entirely new ‘Home’ within my Nest account, then try to move all the thermostats over to that ‘Home’, but I’d prefer not to do this without any guarantee it will make a difference. Without knowing why the apps only retrieve a limited number of thermostats it’s difficult to know what to do next.

Do you have any insights or additional suggestions? Your code and access approach appears to be working as intended, but something about the way this all works ensures we can’t guarantee access to all devices.

Hi @roberi03, my code will retrieve all devices that you own as a primary account.

If you have access to other devices through a partner program (with a utility as an example) or as a secondary account, then the code will not be able to retrieve them as you don’t own them. Some people buy also some tstats from ebay (or other sources) and don’t realize that they come from an utility…

When you reset your tstat, you need to reset the WWN settings.

Regards

All but one of the devices have worked through your code before migration to accessing Nest through the Google account. One of the thermostats was bought via my utility, but the other 4 were bought directly from Nest. I only have one Nest account, and I can access all devices through the Nest app on this account.

Does resetting any device to factory settings then make it accessible when added back to the account? What logically on the device (or the way it is handled by Nest) determines whether it is accessible by your code?

Yes, please reset the tstat’s WWN settings. This is a workaround that works for most Nest users.

This is not specific to my code, it also works for tstats through the “official” integration. You may want to ask Nest support why. My best guess is that’s related to certain models’ firmware.

Regards.

Hello Yves. All has been working great as a long time user.
I wonder if you have any thoughts. Was looking to run my hvac fan 24/7. I see it as an option in the 2 schedules that I have running(day\night). I have changed it(setfanmode) to ‘on’ for both schedules(choices being auto, on, circulate). I can not seem to get it to work. The g wire is connected of course and when setting it using the nest app, it instantly powers on and stays that way. I would rather not use the nest app and was hoping to keep it as part of my schedule. It isn’t critical by any means, was just wondering if I’m missing a setting somewhere. During spring, I like to circulate more air and filter out dust? Thanks, as always. Nicholas

Hi,

Here is the signature of the method:

• void setThermostatFanSchedule(startTime, endTime)

where startTime and endTime are numbers between 0h and 24h. The hour format is 24h.

If you have any errors in the logs for the NextTstat device, just send them to me at services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

P.S. It doesn’t work if you input 0h as startTime and 24h as endTime, this is on the Nest side of things. So I guess that you cannot make it run all day.
Regards.

Thank you. I’m off tomorrow and so I’ll dig into it further then. Thank you

Hi, after reading your question again, I think that I misunderstood your question, is it about the ScheduleTstatZones smartapp?

I gave you the method signature to enable fan schedules using the NextTstat DTH (with your own custom rules within Webcore as an example), but I guess you would like to enable it through the schedules in the zoning smartapp.

If so, please take note that the Nest APIs only allow turning on the fan using a timer or a schedule, and ScheduleTstatZones is using a 15-min. trigger by default.

So, in your case, if you want to run it almost continously, it would be better to run the fan using the method setThermostatFanSchedule() instead (as indicated in my previous post). You can use webCore to call the method on the NextTstat device.

To enable detailed logging on the zoning smartapp, refer to

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Use_case_.2314:_I_want_detailed_logging.2FNotifications_or_I_want_to_enable_Ask_Alexa_Notifications

Regards.

Yes. Was speaking about scheduletstatzones app. I have never used webcore and not really looking to learn it just for this use. Thank you Yves.

Hi, as I wrote to you in my previous post, for your use case, I’m afraid that the Nest APIs are limited… The only valid & reliable option would be to use setThermostatFanSchedule() method with WebCore so that your fan runs continously between a startTime and an endTime…

P.S. ScheduleTstatZones works for all kinds of connected thermostats, and Nest has a different behavior than regular zigbee/zwave/other wifi thermostats. Other connected thermostats don’t require a timer to turn on the fan, hence I cannot modify the zoning smartapp for your use case.

In ScheduleTstatZones, have you enabled the fan adjustement in GeneralSetup? If so, that’s the only settings required that I can think of.

input (name:"setAdjustmentFanFlag", title: "Enable fan adjustment set in schedules based on sensors?", type:"bool",required:false)

Regards.

After fiddling with it, it does seem that I can make an automation in the SmartThings app without webcore based on a trigger. Your software makes exposes the thermometer and fan mode is an option. Experimenting with it, I was able to trigger the fan and so Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that a new version of MyNextTstat(v3.2.3) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

You can download the Next devices at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

• The new version corrects the setTargetHumidity() method to avoid any issue when setting the “target_humidity_enabled” attribute to true for humidifiers/dehumidifiers connected to a Nest tstat.

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type).

• You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes for the Next devices since V3. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.

• Since V3 of MyNextDevices, the new UI presentation adds the set Target Humidity tile to control the humidity via the humidifiers/dehumidifiers connected to Nest (see image below).**

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My NextTstat DTH and are located at my github.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyNextManagerV3.2, MyNextTstatV3.2.3, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects) are available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards

1 Like

Ended up buying this a few days ago and trying to set it up using my Google Account in the nest field trial (essentially making sure any public endpoints in the code use home.ft.nest.com instead of home.nest.com), but have been unable to get it to see my Thermostat, protect, or sensors…

Using the latest DTH for the thermostats, I am seeing the following error in the IDEs once in a while:

10:00:33 AM: error java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException @line 3323 (getStructure)

Just an FYI.

Hi,

Probably a ST platform issue while updating the DTH (ref. UndeclardThrowableException)… This is not related to my code per se.