*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

This is awesome! I was holding out for so long on migrating my Nest account in general and finally gave in (forced to somewhat). Followed the directions here for these Nest devices and smartapp and all is good again in my smartthings world.

I did see a mention for nest hello only being viewed as a camera. I do not see a nest camera device type. Am I missing something? (Have not gone through the entire thread yet)

Thanks for creating this @yvesracine !

1 Like

Hello Yves. In the classic SmartThings app, I have now received the message to migrate my location to the new Smartthings app. Is that going to break MyNext stuff?

Hi, you can have both apps running in parallel. That’s what I have been doing for more than a year.

Just keep your ST classic mobile app after the migration (instantiation of Next devices can only be done under the ST classic app for the moment)…The Next devices will appear based on the current UI tiles & capabilities available in the new Samsung connect app.

Regards.

Thank you. Good to know. I already have used the new app a little but never had the migrate message until now.

| | Nicholas Hillman - Chat @ Spike | m5rdi |

• | - | - | - |

| yvesracine
July 28 |

• | - |

Hi, you can have both apps running in parallel. That’s what I have been doing for more than a year.

Just keep your ST classic mobile app after the migration (instantiation of Next devices can only be done under the ST classic app for the moment)…The Next devices will appear based on the current UI tiles & capabilities available in the new Samsung connect app.

Regards.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| Nicholas_Hillman1 Nicholas Hillman
July 28 |

• | - |

Hello Yves. In the classic SmartThings app, I have now received the message to migrate my location to the new Smartthings app. Is that going to break MyNext stuff? [image]

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi, you’ve been using the new Samsung connect app without migrating your location? Then, don’t do anything for now…You can enjoy both apps for a while.

This app

Are you seeing the Next devices under the new Samsung connect app? If so, just don’t do anything for now.

I’ve just fiddled around a little. Am still primarily using the classic app

I have both apps: ST classic and Samsung Connect app (new app) and I can see all my devices under both mobile apps.

I don’t need to migrate anything else at this point…

I see them, but it’s wishy washy. There are several instances. Not sure if the duplicates are coming from Smartthings or maybe syncing of Google homes. There were even 3 others besides these that I deleted that showed no temperature

FYI to those wondering about the migration. You can continue to use both apps after the migration. The migration tool is basically: converting routines over to Automations and Scenes; Switching Smart Home Monitor over to SmartThings Home Monitor; and Smart locks. My two cents… migrate even if you only migrate partially :slight_smile: slight_smile:

You probably run MyNextManager several times under the ST classic mobile app.

You need to do some cleanup using the ST classic mobile app (under Things). You have probably several instances of your Next devices there. Some of your Next devices are probably not updating properly.

To clean them up, you can click on them, press edit (gear icon), and remove.

Regards.

That is likely right. I’ve deleted the instances that were wrong and now have just the one tstat and the sensor.

So it won’t many things to go ahead with the migration? It’s annoying having the message in the classic SmartThings app. Doesn’t seem that I can get rid of it

Sorry, I cannot help at this point as I don’t have this migration message at all on my end.

1 Like

It is up to the individual to decide when they want to switch. I just wanted to point out that waiting until the last minute might be more stressful than migrating now and working through all the kinks. There will be some routines that may not convert over and may require modifications to get them to work as you want. You can start moving your routines over manually to Automations and Scenes in the new app so you become familiar with how they work.

I simply wanted to stress that migration tool is related to SHM, routines and smart locks. And that you can continue using the Classic app after the migration occurs.

1 Like

I have a fair amount in SHM. Locks garage doors and leak sensor stuff. Perhaps I’ll play around with the new app and manually try a few like you are hinting at. Thank you

Hi,

For all Nest users regardless if you have a Nest or Google account, my code can expose all your Nest Tstats, Protects, and Sensors under your Nest primary account (except the ones from a partner program such as with an utility).

And, if you have lost your auth tokens from Nest and/or migrated to a Google Account, and your ST-Nest integration is not working anymore, then the new versions of MyNextManager(V2.6.6), MyNextTstatV2 (v2.4.6), MyNextAlarmV2 (v2.4.5) and MyNextSensorV2 (v2.1.7) may be for you.

The Nest protects and Nest Tstats can now detect motion. If you want to use that feature, I’d recommend changing the polling interval to 1 minute in MyNextManagerV2 for faster updates.
For the Nest Tstat, you’d need to activate motion detection. Make sure you have the latest firmware version for all your devices.

You can also use the motion capability in your WebCore scenarios.

You can now download the new major version at my store:
www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

If you are already a contributor, you just need to use the original sellfy download link to get the new minor versions. The zip file contains all the required files for update and some release notes.

• MyNextManagerV2.6.6: minor change to avoid null values in cookie
  • MyNextTstatV2.4.6: Corrected fanActive() method to avoid cast exception

_MyNextManagerV2 (service manager for My Next devices) now uses the Nest Web APis (not the “official” APIs as they have ended since August 31, 2019). The Web APIs don’t have the strict rate limiting as the old APIs and they are as responsive as the native Nest application.

_ MyNextTstatV2 now natively supports the following commands:

• setHotWaterBoost: in the device UI and as a command for WebCore users. This is useful for Nest users in Europe.
  • setTargetHumidity: to set a target humidity level (for the control of your humidifier/dehumidifier connected to Nest)

For the full list of attributes, capabilities & commands supported,refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Alarm

MyNestTstatP1

FYI, with your contribution, there are also some complimentary smartapps at my github:
https://github.com/yracine/device-type-myNext/tree/master/smartapps

Regards.

Does the My Next Manager V2 expose the Yale Locks, or because those are used with the Nest Secure, they are not visible outside?

No, only the devices in my previous post.

1 Like