*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Hi,

For all Nest users regardless if you have a Nest or Google account, my code can expose all your Nest Tstats, Protects, and Sensors under your Nest primary account (except the ones from a partner program such as with an utility).

And, if you have lost your auth tokens from Nest and/or migrated to a Google Account, and your ST-Nest integration is not working anymore, then the new versions of MyNextManager(V2.6.6), MyNextTstatV2 (v2.4.4), MyNextAlarmV2 (v2.4.4) and MyNextSensorV2 (v2.1.7) may be for you.

The Nest protects and Nest Tstats can now detect motion. If you want to use that feature, I’d recommend changing the polling interval to 1 minute in MyNextManagerV2 for faster updates.
For the Nest Tstat, you’d need to activate motion detection. Make sure you have the latest firmware version for all your devices.

You can also use the motion capability in your WebCore scenarios.

You can now download the new major version at my store:
www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

If you are already a contributor, you just need to use the original sellfy download link to get the new minor versions. The zip file contains all the required files for update and some release notes.

• MyNextManagerV2.6.6: minor change to avoid null values in cookie
  • MyNextTstatV2.4.4: corrected setThermostatMode() and home() methods to revert in all cases from eco mode, and corrected setHold() method for auto mode.
  • MyNextAlarmV2.4.4: corrected away() and present() methods to properly set the Nest structure
  • MyNextSensorV2.1.7: corrected units for display in new Samsung connect app

_MyNextManagerV2 (service manager for My Next devices) now uses the Nest Web APis (not the “official” APIs as they have ended since August 31, 2019). The Web APIs don’t have the strict rate limiting as the old APIs and they are as responsive as the native Nest application.

_ MyNextTstatV2 now natively supports the following commands:

• setHotWaterBoost: in the device UI and as a command for WebCore users. This is useful for Nest users in Europe.
  • setTargetHumidity: to set a target humidity level (for the control of your humidifier/dehumidifier connected to Nest)

For the full list of attributes, capabilities & commands supported,refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Alarm

MyNestTstatP1

FYI, there are also some complimentary smartapps at my github:
https://github.com/yracine/device-type-myNext/tree/master/smartapps

Regards.

OK, I fixed the issue about eco mode not reverting once for all. In some cases, the code was not able to do it: it was not consistent due to the way the Nest web APIs need to be called.

Now, the eco reverting method is always called when the target mode is not eco.

You need to download MyNextTstatV2.4.3, save & publish in the IDE.
Regards.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

I will do some testing later when it is not 100+ degrees outside. :slight_smile:

Just implemented the MyNextManager and so glad to have my Smartthings connected again. Very pleased with the support given during set up. Fast response to questions asked.

1 Like

Hi, You can get the new version of MyNextTstatV2 (v2.4.3) which corrects some eco reverting issues using the same sellfy download link.

If I want to download the Monitor Nest Humidity smart app, will I need to download the MyNext Manager all over again, or just download the Humidity Monitor smart app? It appears from the description that you can control a device like a smart plug to turn on or off based on the Monitor Humidity smart app, is that correct?

Hi,

You just need to upload the MonitorAndSetNestHumidity from the github.

You can use the github integration with the following parameters or upload the file manually.

And, yes, the smartapp can trigger some switch(es) for humidity control.

GitHub Settings:

Owner : yracine

Name : SmartThingsPublic

Branch : master

For more details and screenshots, refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=MonitorAndSetNestHumidity

Hi Yves. I installed monitor and set humidity. I tried twice to use it and set parameters. It failed both times. Now I have 2 instances of it

in my smartapps and can open neither to change it or even delete it.

Hi, do you have any errors in the logs?

It works well for me. You may have used some sensors or weatherStation that are not compatible.
Only the sensors and the ST standard WeatherStation (ST weatherTile) which support the ST standard capabilities are supported…

To remove the smartapp, you can click on it under Automation/smartapps in the ST classic app, and press the “remove” button on the 1st page (need to scroll down).

Regards.

Yes sir, but it won’t open. I have rebooted phone and neither instance will open for me to delete. The ‘working’ spinning symbol happens and then it stops but will not open

And I have none of those sensors and so that is likely why it failed but I can’t delete it

Well, I don’t know what’s going on under your ST account. It may not be related to my smartapps.

But, you can try to uninstall the smartapps in the IDE, under location/smartapps.

Thank you! I was able to delete them that way. Incidentally, when I tried to open both instances, this was the error log. ‘5:47:43 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method minus() on null object @line 891 (fToC)’
Either way, gone now. Thank you

That is awesome, great work!

1 Like

I am having some weird behavior with this app. While using manually, everything appears to be working normally. I am getting no errors and the thermostat is adjusting as expected. However, when I am setting the cooling and heating point via a routine, only the heating point is getting set. I have the thermostat in heat-cool mode and the evening and morning routine attempts to set both, but in both cases, only the heating temp is set. The temperature was set to 68/70 before routine. Routine sets it to 72/76. After running the routine, Nest shows 72/70.

Hi, if you are in auto mode, you can use Webcore and call the setHold method with your new heating and cooling setpoints.

Otherwise, in a routine, SmartThings will call the setHeatingSetpoint and setCoolingSetpoint separately which creates a race condition between the 2 calls, and only one is set.

This is due to the way SmartThings has implemented the routine calls.

Regards

1 Like

Hi,
I too am getting this.
My account is a new account so was not migrated.

At no point previous to this did I ever log into Google Nest using Chrome.

I followed the steps outlined in the online readme and also in https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2314:_My_Next_devices_are_not_updating_or_my_auth_tokens_are_lost

Sadly, it looks like I’m out of the Smartthings integration with Nest until Google changes their API. I loved having it back for a few months. Unfortunately, I upgraded from Nest v2 and bought the Nest Black V3 from Bestbuy Canada and it seems that perhaps they are a USA version that was destined for an affiliate program. Mynext doesn’t see the thermostat no matter what. Google was less than zero help. No use exchanging the tstat as I am sure they are all from the same stock. I love the look of the Black version 3 and so I guess I’ll go without Smartthings integration for now. Cheers.

Hi, what are you getting? I’m not sure I understand what is your issue.

Regards

Hi,

Was getting the same error as au7342

MyNextManagerV2>login>error=[detail:No active session found., error:USER_LOGGED_OUT], your home.nest.com session is no longer active, need to get new issue_token_url & cookie from Google account login, exiting…

I followed the suggestions but still no joy.