*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

And last question for the night? Any reason why the Humidity app says false for nestHasHumidifier shows “false”?

The Nest definitely has a humidifier connected to it that works.

Hi, it should be corrected. Please resync with the latest version at the github.

Nest has different attributes from ecobee, so I’ve adjusted the smartapp.

Updated to 1.0.3 and it has the same issue.

Also, any chance to limit this to Heat mode only so that it works only during winter months? TIA!

Hi, sorry but it looks like the Nest APIs have not registered that your humidifier is connected to the Nest.

You can check in the IDE for your tstat the value of the “has_humidifier” attribute and it should be false according to the smartapp.

If you want to execute the smartapp only in the winter, I’d suggest using a virtual switch that can trigger the smartapp at the date & time of your choosing. You can then also temporarily stop/restart the smartapp if needed.
Regards.

It definitely shows that I have a humidifier, any thoughts?

OK, try resync with 1.04.

Worked!

Now to automate this for heat mode only. Is it not possible with the Nest API?

As I wrote to you in a previous post, you can use a virtual switch to enable the smartapp when you need it.

The smartapp has been designed to work for all thermostat modes, not only heat as some Nest users have also a dehumidifier.
Regards

Awesome, will look around for examples of start and stopping a SmartApp using a virtual switch.

Actually, you just need to create a virtual switch and input it in the smartapp.

Ahhh, your referring to this master switch setting?

I get it now…

Yes, the master switch.

Hi,

If you have lost your auth tokens from Nest and/or migrated to a Google Account, and your ST-Nest integration is not working anymore, then the new versions of MyNextManager (V2.3, MyNextTstatV2 (v2.1.7), MyNextAlarmV2 (v2.1.4) and MyNextSensorV2 (v2.1.4 ) may be for you.

You can now download the new major version at my store:
www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

If you are already a contributor, you just need to use the original sellfy download link to get the new minor versions.

• MyNextTstatV2.1.7: some new attributes have been added for aux & emergency heating, some corrections to eco mode, minor changes to setHold() and setThermostatSettings() methods
  • MyNextManagerV2.3: caching time has been reduced in order to avoid stale data as much as possible and other minor optimisations.

_MyNextManagerV2 (service manager for My Next devices) now uses the Nest Web APis (not the “official” APIs as they have ended since August 31, 2019). The Web APIs don’t have the strict rate limiting as the old APIs and they are as reponsive as the native Nest application.

_ MyNextTstatV2 now natively supports the following commands:

• setHotWaterBoost: in the device UI and as a command for WebCore users. This is useful for Nest users in Europe.
  • setTargetHumidity: to set a target humidity level.

For the full list of attributes, capabilities & commands supported,refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Alarm

MyNestTstatP1

!MyNestProtect

P.S. Thanks to Nicholas H. for his colloboration during beta testing

Regards.

1 Like

Hi @yvesracine

Installed the MyNextManager v2 added the auth and the login info seems to see my Nest V3 thermostat to add.

But it then unable to save

Log - 12:48:47 PM: error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘My Next TstatV2’ in namespace ‘yracine’ not found. @line 1797 (doCall)

Any ideas?

Hi,

Please follow all the prerequisistes and installation steps in the readme at my github (as indicated at the store and in the zip file).

You’ve missed this step which asks you to copy & paste the code for the DTH,save & publish:

P.S. You don’t need to redo all the steps, after saving the DTH code, just go back to MyNextManagerV2, press Next till Done. The device should be created then.

Regards.

Perfect added the Device Handel now works great :slight_smile:

1 Like

previous_hvac_mode is always coming back null which makes it never switch out of Eco mode when using your smart app NestChangeMode does the smart app work for you or anyone else?

Hi, please download MyNextTstatV2.1.9 using the original sellfy download link that was sent to you made your contribution. A fix has been implemented.

Regards.

Hi,

If you have lost your auth tokens from Nest and/or migrated to a Google Account, and your ST-Nest integration is not working anymore, then the new versions of MyNextManager (V2.3), MyNextTstatV2 (v2.1.9), MyNextAlarmV2 (v2.1.4) and MyNextSensorV2 (v2.1.4 ) may be for you.

If you are already a contributor, you just need to use the original sellfy download link to get the new minor version.

• MyNextTstatV2.1.9: corrected home() method to revert from eco mode.

_MyNextManagerV2 (service manager for My Next devices) now uses the Nest Web APis (not the “official” APIs as they have ended since August 31, 2019). The Web APIs don’t have the strict rate limiting as the old APIs and they are as reponsive as the native Nest application.

• setHotWaterBoost: in the device UI and as a command for WebCore users. This is useful for Nest users in Europe.
  • setTargetHumidity: to set a target humidity level.

For the full list of attributes, capabilities & commands supported,refer to the ST community wiki:

MyNestTstatP1

!MyNestProtect

Regards.

Hi,

If you have lost your auth tokens from Nest and/or migrated to a Google Account, and your ST-Nest integration is not working anymore, then the new versions of MyNextManager (V2.5), MyNextTstatV2 (v2.3), MyNextAlarmV2 (v2.2) and MyNextSensorV2 (v2.1.5) may be for you.

If you are already a contributor, you just need to use the original sellfy download link to get the new minor version.

• MyNextManagerV2.5: able to process structure,rcs (sensors), and track data, minor optimizations
  • MyNextTstatV2.3.3: added presence capability, corrected scale issue in new Samsung connect app
  • MyNextAlarmV2.3: corrected status in new Samsung connect app

• setTargetHumidity: to set a target humidity level (for the control of your humidifier/dehumidifier connected to Nest)

MyNestTstatP1

!MyNestProtect

Regards.