*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Any idea why I would be getting this error when trying to run the the simulation? Amal when I try to just use the installer it pops up let’s me select it then when I click next it’s a blank screen. I enabled the oauth.

image|667x500

Thank you so much!

Hello, I’m running into an issue where my Thermostats aren’t showing up in the list. I tried the work around where you remove it and add it back to the account but that doesn’t work. I checked the logs and I don’t see any errors. Any ideas?

Hi, are your tstats branded as Nest or Google?
The Google branded tstats are not supported.

Also, if your tstats are provided by an utility, then they are not under your Nest account per se (and not supported).

For all other types of tstats, the only workaround is to reset the Tstats at the unit with the WWN option.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2315:_My_Nest_Tstat_doesn.27t_show_up_in_MyNextManager.27s_list_of_devices

Regards

Hi

As indicated in the installation pdf file in the zip and at the store, you have to follow all the prerequisites and installation steps in the Readme at the github.

You may have forgotten to install and publish the Driver Type Handlers under the right shard. BTW, there is no errors in the logs.

Refer to

The installation steps have been tested over and over again by many users.

Regards

It’s a Nest smart tstats 3rd gen, I tried the work around and it doesn’t work. My utility provider didn’t provide it to me, I bought it awhile ago before Nest and Google merged.

Hi, your problem may be cache issue.

Refer to this post about the same issue with the stock integration.

P. S. If you bought your tstat second hand, you might also have a tstat provided by an utility without knowing it.

That’s all I can think of at this point.

Regards.

I removed all 3 apps and restarted 1 of the 2 tstat, reinstalled everything and I’m still getting nothing. The only thing that ever shows up is the Nest Protects. I even tried grabbing a brand new device that’s never had smartthings or nest installed on it, I get the same results. I’m 100% positive it wasn’t provided by an utility, I bought both tstat from Best Buy

I am done everything exactly as outlined. I even went back deleted everything (device handlers and smart app) and started over completely. I still get the same result when running the simulator.

The when I go to open it I get the initial screen everything looks good then when I click next I get this and it freezes on this screen. It is not showing up any of my devices and I have to force close smartthings after it freezes on this screen

I’ve wasted hours upon hours playing with it and just trying to get it to work. I paid the $20 for it and for the life of me I just can’t get it to cooperate and function to allow me to add my nest protects, and thermostat (it is not an e thermostat)

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated as I’m pulling what little hair I have left out at this point. I did notice the link I got to download the MyNestManagerV3 not the 3.5 I saw you post about. The tstat also shows v3 not the 3.4.1 I saw you post about. Not sure if this makes any difference or not but thought I should point it out regardless just in case.

Thank you so much!

Hi @Wuping, your auth tokens are good as you can see the Nest Protects. Now, as I wrote to you earlier, you need to make sure to reset the unit with the WWN option (require some scroll down to select it). Otherwise, it won’t work.

Make sure after to add your reset tstat to the Nest app in order to expose it to SmartThings after.

Now, if it’s still not working, there may be some issue with your specific tstat unit or your Nest account that I’m not aware of. You may want to contact Nest support at this point.

Regards

Hi, the name of the DTH & smartapp is different from the version indicated in the header of the code. I’m sure that you have the latest versions.

Have you inserted the auth tokens in the header as indicated in the Readme? Depending if you are a Nest account user (not migrated) or a Google account user, the info to be inserted is different… You’d need to save & publish the code after your changes under the right shard.

I’ve redone all of the the steps myself and it works very well for me.

Now, in order to know what’s going on, you’d need to activate detailed logging in MyNextManagerV3 smartapp and look at the IDE for errors.

Please enable detailed logging to see what’s going on and send me some logs at services@maisonsecomatiq.com. You need to filter the logs from the service manager.

Refer to the troubleshooting section at the wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2310:_I_want_detailed_Logging.2FNotifications_or_I_want_to_enable_Ask_Alexa_Notifications

Regards

I reset both of my reset and added them back a few time already. I even went as far as doing a complete factory reset on 1 of them to see if that would make a difference. I know smartthings can see the tstat because I see them in the device list in smartthings and I can control them from smartthings. When I load your up app, it always say 0 devices found.

It’s working now, what I did was copy the code in smartapp that I already created, then deleted the smartapp in IDE. I created it again. now it can see both tstat

1 Like

Just tried setting MyNestManager again with the newest v3 code (was still using older code up till now) and got it working except for one problem. It can see everything in my nest account except for my thermostat. Any ideas?

Hi, please refer to my previous post.

Regards

That’s what I get for not reading more of the thread first.

I was able to run the reset on my thermostat, add it back to my account, relink my sensors, then setup your app again. Everything is working so far.

I mostly use your app to control home/away on my nest account from ST.

1 Like

I seem to be having the same issue as Jeremy_Show. When looking into the logs i’m getting the following error.

java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in query at index 327: (Here is my copied google_issue_token_url)

Double checked the google_issue_token_url but it is correctly copy/pasted and no spaces before or after the line.

Did a reinstall but getting the same results :s

Hi,

This error seems related to spaces within the Google URL. Any space should be converted to ‘%20’.

Regards

FYI, there is also a new version (v3.5.1) which corrects this new google chrome’s issue (spaces are now converted automatically).

You can download it using the same selffy download link.
Regards

Hi Yvesracine,

I am also facing the same issue when i try to login in newer version 3.5.1. I am getting the below error message.
java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in query at index 84: (Here is my copied google_issue_token_url) has no special character like %20 or space. It says that i cant login.

Kindly please help to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Sundar

See my previous message. There is some kind of invalid characters in your URL. Please double check your URL first. My code can only convert spaces, not other invalid characters. You need to check your URL at position 84 in the string.