[RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

@yvesracine

Greetings, I just installed your handler yesterday and it went smoothly without a hitch. Great app!
One thing I noticed is in the IDE, everything seems to be doubled, which seems odd.

Screenshot 2021-01-14 105438

Hi, this seems to be due to the ST custom capabilities that sometimes duplicate some thermostat capabilities… This is a ST platform issue, and there is nothing I can do on my side of things (for the moment) to fix this.

ST custom capabilities are still a work in progress, refer to Custom Capability and CLI Developer Preview

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply.

One other thing I’m wondering about. When I look at “MOTION” for my Protects, I notice anywhere from 9min to 13min goes by before it shows inactive. Is there an adjustment I can do so it’s only 1 min?
The fact your handler does motion is a huge bonus. :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 113038

Hi, the only thing you have control over is the polling interval set in MyNextManager (last page). You can set it up to a 1-minute polling if you want faster responses from the APIs.

However, you’re still dependent on the Nest Cloud and there may be some other delays involved…

Regards.

1 Like

Yes what you need to do is plug a usb back there and charge the thermostat as time goes on you will see it wont lite or quick wake cause the battery is low ive only jump startee on the beging cause thats what nest told me

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that a new version of MyNextTstat(v3.2) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

You can download the Next devices at my store:

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/store

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type)

• Prior to the code upload, you’d just need to save the tokens info and restore it after the copy & paste.

• You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes for the Next devices since V3. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.

• Since V3 of MyNextDevices, the new UI presentation adds the following commands for controlling your HVAC:

• setTargetHumidity: to control your humidity inside your home via your dehumidifier/humidifier connected to Nest
    • Nest Home or Away: to set your Nest structure to Home or Away.
  • You can also call the following custom commands for more control over your Nest Tstat. MyNextTstat (v3.2) introduces new dual fuel commands for dualFuel/alt/emergency heating.

• setThermostatFanSchedule: to create fan schedules at your tstat
    • setThermostatFanTimer: to set the fan timer in minute
    • setHotWaterBoost: to set a boiler’s hotWaterBoost timer in minutes (Europe)
    • setDualFuelBreakpointTemp: if you have dualFuel/alt/emergency heating, you can set the breakpoint temperature for switching to dualFuel/alt/emergency heating
    • setDualFuelBreakpointMode: You can set the following mode for alt/emergency/dual heating: “DUALFUEL_BREAKPOINT_ALWAYS_ALT” or “DUALFUEL_BREAKPOINT_ALWAYS_PRIMARY”. This allows finer control of your dualFuel/alt/emergency heating.

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My NextTstat DTH and are located at my github.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyNextManagerV3.2, MyNextTstatV3.2, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects) are available at my store:

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/store

P.S. As a reminder, MyNext devices are fully compatible with dashboards (ActionTile, SharpTools) and rule engines (WebCore, Sharptools).
Regards

1 Like

Just updated, thanks. Noticed an issue where the current temperature doesn’t seem to be accurate.

vs.

Also wondering, is it possible to have the battery level for Sensors conveyed as ‘battery’ consistent with your Alarm and other ST devices so that those be utilized the same via WebCoRE without having to write extra code to find the different battery level expressions?

image vs. image

Thanks again, great products!

Hi, you can download MyNextSensor (v2.1.8) which adds the battery capability.
FYI, I cannot explain your temp discrepancy as the value comes from the Nest web APIs.

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks. the update DH did the exact trick. Also the temp discrepancy eventually went away, I guess it just took a few polls or whatever.

Thanks again.

Hi, you can change the polling interval in MyNextManagerV2 smartapp (last page) to be as fast as every minute…

Hi yvesracine, I’m interested in using MyNext Tstat. In the README, the installation instructions for migrated Nest users says:

1. Under the new Samsung connect app, execute MyNextManagerV2

Just to confirm, does “new Samsung connect app” refer to the current SmartThings (i.e. not the Classic) mobile app?

Yes, the new mobile app is callled Samsung connect app (as opposed to the SmarThings classic app).

Regards.

Thanks very much.

Apologies, I probably wasn’t clear enough in my original question. I’m on iOS, I just want to be certain that I’ll be able to use the device handler / app. The app I have is called SmartThings, this is the only one I’m able to use.

Here’s Samsung’s description of it and links to both Google and Apple app store: https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/smartthings/

Yes, it’s compatible. Please refer to the screenshots in the 1st post for the UI presentation.

Regards.

Hi,

Good news for all my contributors (and Nest users)…

You can now use the custom capabilities (motion, presence, humidity, Nest Home or Away,etc), in Automation scenarios, see screenshot below:

Regards.

1 Like

@yvesracine any thoughts on eventually getting “partner program” thermostats to be loadable? Purchased the subscription when I had one Nest, then got a deal through my gas company and loaded up on 3 more… and then was hopeful Google and Samsung would release a decent integration. But, alas, no joy.

Since the nest web UI is clearly loading the devices, I can’t imagine that it would be impossible to get into your drivers. I believe the calls are probably in the long-polling request that follows the first api request with regular devices, but haven’t gotten further than that.

Hi, the Nest web APIs that I’m using only expose the Nest tstats which directly belong to the Nest structure/account.

I’m not aware of any long polling requests.

Regards

Hi Yves, I’ve successfully published the MyNextTstatV3 DTH and MyNextManagerV3 app and they are giving me more control than the native ST app, so I’m pleased. (I’ve also successfully done it without ever having had the ST Classic app.)

I’m just starting out on my ST journey and I’m trying to write a webCoRE piston with a condition that identifies if “thermostat mode” is set to eco. However, the only values I can select are auto / cool / emergency heat / heat / off. Can you help please?

Hi, please contact the Webcore team as eco is already supported by myNextTstat. This is probably an issue in Webcore.

You can also create a new Automation and you’ll see the eco mode as a valid mode option.

EcoMode
Regards.

Hi, yes, thanks, I can get the eco mode as a valid option in automations too. I’ll contact the webCoRE team as you suggest.

In the meantime, I’ve found a workaround in webCoRE by interrogating the state of eco_mode.