*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Think I figured it out!

I have three Smart Apps that come up in ST under App.

I’m thinking I screwed the pooch when updating because when I click on one of the Remotes I get:

Hi,

d54605ba994a99147562d856d066149b46263760

Just want to inform my contributors and all ecobee users that a new major version of MyEcobeeDevice(v6.1) & MyEcobeeInit (v4.3) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • The new UI presentation for MyEcobeeDevice V6.1 (amongst others) adds a custom capability (set Target Humidity for controlling humidity via the dehumidifiers/humidifiers connected to your ecobee tstat(s) , see image below).

And, there is also the ecobee Switch with all standard switch capabilities:

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My ecobee DTH and are located at my github. All ecobee smartapps are explained at the ST community wiki (all ecobee* smartapps):

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Category:Unpublished_SmartApps

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

My Ecobee DTHs (thermostat, switch) are available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards

Keenhome just advised the following:

"Our shipment is delayed from China due to the current pandemic climate and we are holding off until things settle down before we start shipping again. It may be out of stock for an unforeseeable future.
We are out of inventory and will be winding down the sales by end of the month. "

Are you aware of any other way to obtain vents?

No sorry…

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all ecobee users that a new major version of MyEcobeeDevice(v6.2) & MyEcobeeInit (v5.0) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • Since MyEcobeeDevice V6.1 , the new presentation (UI) adds a custom capability (set Target Humidity** for controlling humidity via the dehumidifiers/humidifiers connected to your ecobee tstat(s) , see image below).
  • The new major version of MyEcobeeInit (v5.0) improves performances for locations with multiples tstats and switches by using a global cache.

And, there is also the ecobee Switch with all standard switch capabilities:

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My ecobee DTH and are located at my github. All ecobee smartapps are explained at the ST community wiki (all ecobee* smartapps):

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Category:Unpublished_SmartApps

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

My Ecobee DTHs (thermostat, switch) are available at my store:

Regards

Yves,

Thanks for all you do. Your monthly support service is well worth it.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

John

1 Like

Hi, for the switch, there is a major outage going on now, so you may want to ignore the error messages till ecobee fixes the issues on their end.

If the issue persists for MyEcobee Device, you may want to re-create your ecobee tstats as I was not able to reproduce this issues on my end.

I saw that you posted that you made a small error in the Ecobee Device and I should redownload in 10 minutes. Now that is gone.

Should I still do this?

No, I’ve checked at multiple locations since then, and I cannot reproduce your issue. Yo u may want to re-create the ecobee device if the issue persists.

Does this mean removing both my thermostats and all 8 remote sensors from ST? Then reinstall?

You don’t need to re-install the ecobee sensors, just the ecobee tstat.

• You can create a new ecobee device using a new MyEcobeeInit instance
  • Rename the old device with a ‘old’ prefix
  • Substitute the old tstat with the new tstat in all your smartapps (including ecobeeRemoteSensorInit), webcore Scripts, and scenes.
  • You can delete the ‘old’ tstat device after.

P.S. You should wait a bit, the ecobee APIs are not responding well at the moment. It’s not good time to do the upgrade. Probably later today would be a better time, please check status.ecobee.com

Hi Yves,

As suggested, I will wait. I was trying to install New Instances but it was not going well. I use an Instance per TStat (Main Floor and Upper Floor). The Smartapp (adding an instance) was locking up once I selected the TStat to use.

I’ll try again later. Maybe the Old TStats will just start working correctly.

Thanks,

John

Sorry about the timing, not a good upgrade window for the moment.

Hi, the ecobee APIs are back now.

In the meantime, I’ve implemented some minor workarounds for your issue.
Try downloading MyEcobeeDevice (v6.2.1), copy the new code over the existing one,save & publish in the IDE.

This may help you avoid recreating the tstat. If not, recreate the tstat will definitively solve it.

Regards

Hi Ives,

I created the Updated TStats about 15 minutes ago and I’m currently updating my WebCore and other apps.

Should I go ahead and update to V6.2.1?

John

Hi, it’s a just minor workaround, so it won’t hurt.

Thanks Ives… you’re the best. I’ll update the code. All my Webcore and Echo apps have been updated with the updated device. It is working perfectly.

1 Like

Hi, please refrain from posting logs in a public forum as they may reveal personal & confidential information about your location (ex. thermostat ids, auth tokens, personal address, etc).

FYI, detailed logging with a lot of information displayed doesn’t mean that it’s resources intensive as most of the thermostat information may be extracted from a global cache in memory.

However, you should remove the detailed logging option available in the devices & the Service Manager smartapp. There are different levels of logging and the level 5 is the most intensive & comprehensive.

This is used for debugging only and it may take a lot of cloud resources after a while. This is indicated at the ST community wiki.

If you have some logs with issues, you can send them to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.
Regards

Hi Ives,

I have two instances of the Smartapp (Main Floor and Upper Floor) in the SmartThings App.

When I go into the Smartapp (MyEcobeeInit) for each instance and click off “Detailed Logging & Notifications” and also change the log filtering to '“1”, then click done, it does not seem to update the device or code.

I go back into the Smartapp and detailed logging switch is “on” and filtering is set to “5”. I’ve tried this several times. These settings change while in the Smartapp but don’t seem to stay changed.

Can you help me with this?

John

Hi, when you run the smartapp manually, it does create more logging in case of any issues, but if you change the debug level at the last page, it will stay.

The device is different than the smartapp (MyEcobeeInit). You need to follow the steps at the wiki: