*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Hi,

In my code, the thermostats are considered remote sensors just like the others. There is no special processsing for them. I’ve checked at other user locations that I monitor because some users have contributed to my support packages, and this specific issue is not happening elsewhere, so there must be something wrong in your SmartThings or ecobee configuration.

If you want me to look into it, please contribute to one of my support packages at my store.

Regards.

That appears to have been the issue. I recall renaming the thermostats shortly after the initial install, which sounds like it broke the association within your code.

After tearing it down and setting it back up again it is working as I would expect.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi, I sent out a new version of ecobeeRemoteSensorInit (v2.7) (to all my active contributors) which allows renaming of the ecobee remote sensors without any impact.

If you want to keep getting updates, please follow the procedure in the email.

P.S. In your case, you already did it.

Regards.

@yvesracine if I contribute by using the bundle:

1. Does that get me the entire package? Or do I need to contribute for other smart apps as well?

2. How long is that contribution good for regarding updates to the smart apps?

Thank you!

Hi John,

As I posted before in this thread, when you contribute to my code, you’re contributing to the ecobee-SmartThings integration work that I’ve accomplished in the past 3 years. We’re talking about 15K lines of code that has been thorougly tested and deployed at many user locations all over North America, Europe, and even Australia.

I can guarantee you that My Ecobee device will work well at your location and you can also read the different testimonials in this thread.

To answer your specific questions:

1. My Ecobee bundle contains My ecobee device with the remote sensor AND the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapps.

For more details, refer to

All other smartapps are available at my github, so that you can control your ecobee thermostat according
to the use cases described in my 1st post:

2.You have some limited minor updates as indicated under the terms of service at my store till a major version is released (V6). This is standard practice in the software industry.

I cannot tell you at this point when the V6 will be released (it may be within few weeks or few months).

Regards.

I don’t recall seeing an email about the new code for the remote sensors - how does one stay “active” ?

Thanks

Hi,

With the v5.7.6 and 5.7.7 releases that I sent you by email to your paypal verified email address back in December and January, I included a detailed procedure on how to stay “active”.

Please follow the procedure within the emails or contribute to one of my support packages at my store.

Regards.

@yvesracine, what is the proper command in webCoRE to monitor how long heating or cooling has been active. I am currently using “thermostateOperatingState” is any of cooling or heating…but the timer keeps getting reset even though the cooling cycle is still active. Must be resetting whenever polling occurs.

Goal:
I am trying to setup a rule that says,

If heating or cooling Stays Active for 2 Hours
Then Set Thermostat Mode to Off

The problem is I can not use Stays as it is a trigger so I am using

If heating or cooling is active
Wait 2 Hours
Turn Off
Cancel on Piston State Change

Thoughts?

Hi @rontalley, I don’t use webCore or any other rule engines (I’m very happy with just my own smartapps), so I’m sorry but I cannot help you on this topic.

For sure, the thermostatOperatingState attribute could be used within webcore for that purpose.

But, my DTH also directly exposes the running stats from ecobee (data like HomeIQ) which can give you more precise info.

Just look into the following method in the DTH:

void getReportData(thermostatId, startDateTime, endDateTime, startInterval, endInterval,   
  reportColumn, includeSensorData, postData='false') 

There is an example on how to use it in the MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity smartapp at my github.

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. It helped me work out my issue.

Hi,

This is a just a reminder about the following integration features of My ecobee device with the Ask Alexa smartapp available since V5 (more than 9 months ago):

• If you want to be notified (via push notifications) of any exceptions affecting My Ecobee device you’d need to do the following:

a) In MyEcobeeInit>Other Settings Page>HandleExceptions

just set the handle/notify exception input parameter to true.

• If you want to be notified of any ecobee alerts, just set the following flag to true

b) In MyEcobeeInit>Other Settings Page>NotifyAlerts

• If you want to verbally notified via Ask Alexa/Amazon Echo of the above (alerts and exceptions), just set the following flag to true:

c) In MyEcobeeInit>Other Settings Page>Amazon Echo/Ask Alexa Notifications:

For more details, refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Init#Issue_.237:_I_want_detailed_Logging.2FNotifications_or_I_want_to_enable_Ask_Alexa_Notifications

Regards.

I have been using My Ecobee Device v5. for awhile now.

Is there a way to set the mode(heat/cool/off) using Alexa?

Or should I incorporate Echoassistant or Ask Alexa for this?

Hi @Fubie,

I don’t think you can change the thermostat mode with the native Amazon integration (I’ve tried and it doesn’t seem to work), However, it works well with Ask Alexa.

• ecobee (or your thermostat name) cool
  • ecobee off
  • ecobee heat

Regards.

1 Like

Hi,

Just to let you know, My ecobee device has been tested with the latest ecobee thermostat (ecobee4) with its remote sensors… Everything works as expected.

Regards.

Just installed the Ecobee4 and tossed my Nest. Installation was easy - thermostats usually are. I bought the myEcobee Bundle and installed it - very easy to install. Configuration is very similar to ScheduleTstatZones app - but many more capabilities with Ecobee than there were with Nest.

I have to say, the app has a LOT of things that can be configured - well worth adding a support package and letting Yves tailor the configuration to meet my needs.

Love having a solution that integrates ST with Keen vents and my thermostat. Overall our house stays much closer to our desired temperature in heat or cool modes.

I’ve installed MyEcobee and remote sensor device types. I am wondering if I can us them as sort of a poorman’s security system (report on movement when no one is home). I think I realized that there is something like a 30 minute delay (which is OK, we are talking poorman’s solution afterall!).

Just not clear how I would set that up…

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Look up Smart Home Monitor (SHM) in the ST community forum.

Regards

Oh! There we go. I see my remote sensors but not the main units? Does that make sense?

@Scott_Chapman, no it doesn’t quite make sense to me.

• Go to the IDE, and check which devices are up and running:

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list (or your own shard)

For more info about shards, refer to

• Then look up for “My Ecobee Device” in the list. You can do a search if you have a high number of devices under ST by pressing “ctrl-F”.

Regards.

I see my 4 ecobees, and the 6 remote sensors there. Ecobees are active, remote sensors are inactive.