*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

'm new to Yves DTH and Smart Apps. It just works! If you want to marry your Ecobee3 to Smart Things this is the software to make it work at it’s peak.
I really like the App.
Worth the money!!!

2 Likes

Good news for all Android users out there! With the new ST mobile app (v2.2.2), the rendering of the HTLMTile seems to be working fine now.

So, all ST users out there should now see the RuntimeVs.Setpoints graph at the bottom of MyEcobee Device.

Regards.

2 Likes

Hi,

I sent out a new release today (v5.6.1) to all my active contributors which leverages the new ST UI fixes following the latest release (v2.2.2).

The new version is available at my store:

Regards.

I noted in another thread that the Ecobee3 + 1 sensor package is now only $199 at Amazon.

This is a great deal. You can get the light and just use Yves software. But it’s nice to have the full featured Ecobee. The price different is minimal at this point.

And I recommend buying Yves device handler. It has many, many more features than the stock ST device. And it allows you to use his programming software. Then you can use additional sensors for averaging. Combining Wireless Sensor Tags with Ecobee would give you something pretty powerful. They both give you nice historical data and the tags are extremely accurate and long lasting. . . .

I’m trying to just get used to the vanilla Ecobee with Yves device handler for now. The 3 ecobee sensors is enough for my simply heating system. If I had central AC and controllable vents, then I’d definitely use the more powerful software.

In any case, it’s worth the $15 or $20. I got Yves’ package with the sensor device handler, since I have 3 ecobee sensors.

4 Likes

I just installed the device handler and notice that when change temperature within smartthings, the changes do not update right away on screen after you change it. If i use the ecobee app, you can then see the temperature settings have changed. Is this normal?

Also,
i have a remote sensor, are remote sensors good to be used as motion sensors as I would like to use it as a motion sensor to turn on lights and off lights when motion is not detected. I think right now it is polling everyone 5 minutes? Besides buying a dedicated motion sensor, can I get away with this?

Hi,

Please refer to the ST community wiki, most of your questions have been already
answered there:

1. There could be a slight delay as the ecobee-SmartThings integration is a cloud-to-cloud integration. The ecobee app is using some internal APIs that are not available to developers.

Refer to item 5:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Troubleshooting

In brief, ST does not automatically refresh the UI. This is a ST constraint, not my code.

You can use pollster or Core to trigger some polling every minute if you want to have more real-time capabilties.

1. Remote sensors have this known issue related to their motion capability. This is an ecobee constraint.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ecobee3RemoteSensorInit#Known_issues

Regards.

Today I distributed to all my active contributors a new release of MyEcobee device (v5.6.4) which includes a new button to toggle the graph window view.

The button allows to zoom in from the past week runTimeStats to the last 24hrs and vice-versa for better trend analysis (in combination with the ecobeeGetTips smartapp and the integration of Echo/Ask Alexa).

The new version is available for download at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have the Ecobee DTH since a while and it’s been running great for a while now.
I did spend some time to clean up and update some of my devices, and the Ecobee DTH with it.
Still working fine, but it seems like I’m missing sone stats in the Graph and I’m not getting any tip.

Is that because I need to way longer to generate data? (even though it seems it already had some data about Outdoor Temperature and Set Points).

Last question, I covered my outdoor AC unit so I made sure it will not turn the AC on if we get a warmer day, so I set the Ecobee to Heat Only, but the red line disappeared (HSPoint) and the Blue one (CSPoint) remained; My logic would tell me I should see the red line only in Heat mode Only?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Francky,

1. As indicated in my emails, you’d need to install the ecobeeGenerateXXXStats under your ST account to take full advantage of the graph.

Please refer to the ST community wiki on the github integration or the manual copy and paste of the code for more details:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeGetTips

1. It’s hard for me to tell what’s going on at your specific location w/o any logs.

In the meantime, I’d recommend to wait a bit in order to get enough data.

Regards.

Awesome seems like I missed this part, it works now!
I’ll check in several days to check if I get tips through.

Coolest app ever!!! Helps me have peace of mind while I’m deployed overseas. I can check on my home and family anytime and make necessary adjustments. Kudos to your work man!

1 Like

Love the app so far. Great job!

1 Like

I’m trying to use CoRE to build a deviation from my normal Ecobee home/away/sleep schedule (specifically, I want to trigger the thermostat to be “home” when I work from home and my presence sensor is home after my scheduled departure time). I have the condition part just fine in CoRE, but I can’t seem to figure out which action to use. My initial thought was the Mode function, but that gives me options of off, auto, cool, heat, etc. How do I toggle home/away/sleep via CoRE?

Edit: I think I have it. The awake function is what I needed, I think.

Hi,

You can either modify the appropriate routines with your use cases (Goodbye, I’m back, etc.) and use the smartapp ecobeeChangeMode at my github.

Or, you can also use the .home() and .away() methods, and call them from a rule engine such as SmartRules or Core.

Regards.

1 Like

I haven’t had great luck with the routines, but also was using this as a way to learn CoRE (I’m quite new to it.)

Thanks!

Hi,

I’m now bundling My Ecobee device and the EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapp for $30.

The combination of MyEcobee device and the Zoned Heating/Cooling Solution specially designed smartapp for ecobee is really a powerful bundle: SmartThings and ecobee working together for more comfort inside your home.

ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule allows you to reuse the ecobee scheduling for easier configuration under ST AND let you use all your room sensors (door/window, temp and motion sensors) to make the optimal adjustments to your ecobee’s setpoints and your smart vents (optional).

For more details about MyEcobee device and the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapp refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule

You can download MyEcobee Bundle at my store:

http://www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards.

@yvesracine Looking forward to the app, I just downloaded it from your store but am having issues loading the apps into ST. I am getting a weird error that doesn’t make much since and thought I was missing something but have loaded all the apps that I could.

I am getting an error for 2 of the apps, (MyEcoBeeDevice, & MyRemoteSensor)

“No signature of method: script14801317180721402878714.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14801317180721402878714$_run_closure2) values: [script14801317180721402878714$_run_closure2@7896f179] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)”

Please advise. Thanks so much and looking forward to working with the apps.

Thanks!

@bobjr12345, please follow the step-by-step instructions in the readme:

You’re trying to copy and paste the code from MyEcobee device as a smartapp in the IDE.

Regards.

Are you saying that in order to avoid the disconnect issues I would need to subscribe to the support package? Or are you saying that with the support package the issues that cause disconnects are found/fixed and so you avoid them due to updated code? I haven’t tried any of this yet, just got my Ecobee Lite (x2) installed, but the comfort settings based on presence are very appealing but having to sub to avoid disconnects makes me a little wary.

Hi @farlicimo,

The support services are optional. However, some ST beginners prefer to use my support services given the ST platform issues that occur from time to time (scheduling, timeouts, etc).

If you feel that you are technology savvy enough to handle any ST issues, then you don’t have to contribute to any of my support packages.

I have written a lot of documentation for those who want to configure and troubleshoot themselves.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Configuration
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Troubleshooting

Regards

P. S. I can assure you that My ecobee device’s code has many mechanisms built in to avoid any ecobee disconnect issues and they work well since the beginning of the year. Of course, if the ecobee and SmartThings servers are down, the code cannot recover all the times.

In brief, the code is more resilient than the ST Stock device AND brings much more features.

None of my active contributors (several hundred of them actually) with the latest version have complained about disconnect issues for quite a while.

2 Likes