*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

I would like to say big thank you to Yves Racine for developing Ecobee-ST integration. I have been using it for about 1.5 years with no major issues. App updates are quite frequent (for paid contributors) and Yves Racine has always been quick to respond to any issues/questions I had.

1 Like

Agree with others that Yvesracine has done an awesome job developing the app, integrating Keen vents. Great job!

1 Like

Always on top of the ever changing iOS or Android versions and the smartthings system. His app updates are usually available before any of the items mentioned above have changed and have detailed instructions on how to update them.

GREAT WORK!!

1 Like

wanted to show thanks and support to yvesracine, as the app expands upon the functional appeal of my ecobee in my HA system

1 Like

Smartthings community.

I thing yvesracine work on the ecobee -smartthings - keen project is reliable and has been a significant contribution to the ecobee - smartthings community. However his hostile and aggressive sales tactics are down right rude as a paying customer. After being an early adopter, paying for what accounted for beta software on an unreliable platform as customers were now being told if we do not either by a support package or give a positive review we will not remain on a support list. This is an aggressive sales tactic for such a small community app.

Yves I please remember you get more flies with honey than with vinegar.

1 Like

Hi,

As specified in my email, here is the reason for my decision:

If you donā€™t agree with it, thatā€™s your decision.

P.S. Iā€™m not selling my device and smartapps, Iā€™m asking for a contributionā€¦ I can tell you that Iā€™m not getting rich with this development on the ST platform when I take into account the amount of time Iā€™ve put into my solutions.

Regards.

1 Like

@yvesracine,

Your ecobee integration into the ST ecosystem has been a huge help for my home and HVAC automation; moreover, your continued support for both your devices and applications really makes the whole experience great. Keep up the fantastic work, and I really appreciate your continued support.

Regards, Jonah

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had an EcoBee for about 6 months now, but just switched to this custom Device Handler and SmartApp a few weeks ago. I havenā€™t done a ton with it yet, but the ecobeeChangeMode app has been AWESOME. I work from home with pretty random hours (Dev teams in the US, Europe, India, and Australia and I have to overlap work hours as much as possible depending on which project Iā€™m working with the most that week), so the EcoBee built-in scheduling and up to a 2 hour delay for presence-sensing just wasnā€™t cutting it.

Now Iā€™m able to change the EcoBee mode instantly based on SmartThings Routines and Modes. I use the SmartThings built-in geofencing to set the EcoBee to/from Away mode, and the Good Night! and Good Morning! routines to switch between the EcoBee Night and Home modes. I donā€™t do this because I donā€™t really have a ā€œScheduleā€ but with the right ecobeeChangeMode setting, you can also still use the built in EcoBee Scheduling to override the SmartApp setting if you want.

Iā€™ve started playing with the Tips now too, and I have seen a couple that clued me in on some advanced EcoBee settings that I didnā€™t even know existed. Weā€™ll see how much impact those settings changes have in the longer run, but the Tips definitely helped encourage me to make some changes that I wouldnā€™t have known about or felt comfortable adjusting without the insight from the Tips feature.

1 Like

Your ecobee integration is one of the few things keeping me on ST. Multi-sensors drop like flies but the ecobee stays connected.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for filling in the gaps left behind by the companies that deploy these tools. Great addition!

2 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks to Yves on all of his work. I am using the ecobee integration to add my thermostats and sensors to smartthings for use with other smart apps. It has beeb working great so far!

2 Likes

Hi,

The new version of Ask Alexa (v2.1.6) now integrates all ecobee custom climates that you can set up at your home for more comfort.

Alexa:. Ask SmartThings set ecobee to bedtime

This integration works only with My Ecobee device available at my store:

http://www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Refer to

Regards.

Hi,

I just sent a major update to all my active contributors.

• For iOS only (and few Android devices), added a runtime graph at the bottom of My ecobee device which shows the Daily, Avg Weekly, and Avg Monthly runtime stats according to your thermostat mode.

• The graph displays the stats, the outdoor temp and heatpoints/setpoints in the past week for trend analysis.
    You need to install the runtime stats generation smartapps in order to take full advantage of the graph.

• To get more HTMLtile support for Android & other devices, please contact support@smarttthings.com

See the graph picture below:

My ecobee device is available now for download at my store:

http://www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards.

1 Like

Just a quick note to say that I am a contributor and greatly appreciate this community! This app is one of the things that has kept me in the ST system. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi,

With the new release that you should have received by now via email, youā€™ll be able to see the stats generated in a graph.

If you donā€™t have compatible devices (iOS mostly), then the only way to see the stats are under the IDE or in the ecobeeGetTips smartapps.

Regards.

1 Like

After updating, I do see the area where the graph will show. However, after the blue ā€œloadingā€ bar completes in that section, it just shows white. I am using IOS10 w/ iPhone 7, latest SmartThings app from the appstore.

Thanks as always!

Hi,

Sorry, I cannot reproduce your issue on my end. Please send
an email to support@smartthings.com to check if HTMLtile is supported on your device/OS (although they will probably say that they donā€™t support HTMLtile yet, but we need some group leverage on that issue).

It works well on my iPod (so it must be an issue with the iPhone7 maybe)ā€¦

P.S. The problem with SmartThings is that they donā€™t have a consistent user experience throughout the devices.

Regards.

EDIT: Make sure that javascript is enabled in Settings.

http://activatejavascript.org/en/instructions/ios

Yves - each update to the device handlers that you send out donā€™t seem to make it into the github packages for REPO updates via smartthings. Any idea if thatā€™s something on your end, or my end? All of the apps work without any issues from what I see.

Hi, the DTH is distributed by email only, not in the public repoā€¦ I ask for a minimum financial contribution to get it.

Regards

Here is the new Ecobee Lite model (officially announced). It is cheaper and does not
have any remote sensors.

You can use My Ecobee device to pair it to SmartThings and still be able
to reproduce the ā€œfollow meā€ features with any ST connected sensors.

- You then just need the $15 package at my store.

• The $20 is for the package with the remote sensors app which you do not need with the ecobee lite.
1 Like