*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

1 Like

I had been getting other updates via email as a contributor, but didn’t get this one. Do I need to comment/like every so often? Thanks for all your hard work, btw!

Hi @jeremyinmt, please send me an email to services@maisonsecomatiq.com with your paypal verified address.

Regards.

Did you check your spam? After getting about 6 updates Gmail all of the sudden started flagging as spam. Unflagged and all good again.

I have to say, I’ve been using this for some time now and it’s absolutely amazing. I love the absolute control it offers and so far I’m only using a few of the features but those have been serving me so well. Keep up the excellent work.

1 Like

Purchased the bundle less than a week ago, and am looking forward to trying it with Keen vents in the near future. I’ve opened it a total of 1 time in the last week, and it worked perfectly. I greatly appreciate all of Yves hard work, and commitment to the community!

Disclaimer:
Per an email from Yves, in order to receive updates I must either like his post, or post positive comments. I believe in full disclosure, and would like it to be clear that even though I was told to post here and like the thread, I am very pleased with the software, and all of the hard work put into this effort, as well as Yves contribution to the community! I do so happily and willingly.

Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

And, there are some explanations on why I’m asking this feedback from my contributors here:

And, it’s also clearly indicated at my store under the terms of service.
Regards.

I am excited to get started with this code. I bought an ecobee last year, and just recently bought an echo device, and ordered the smartthings hub this week. I actually purchased this code before owning the hub, because lots of people on reddit seem to love what you have done for the ecobee!

1 Like

Hi Clayj, please send me an email with your paypal verified address so that I can associate your ST handle with your contribution.

Regards.

Hi @farlicimo,

With the latest release (v5.9.6) of MyEcobee DTH, you may want to check the new options for the holdType input parameter and how to use the setHoldExtraParams() and setClimate() methods in the DTH for permanent/temporary holds.

Refer to the guidelines indicated here at the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Item_3b.29_Set_up_the_holdType_input_parameter

Regards.

Thanks, will give it another try. I have been trying (prior to this update) using webCore but don’t seem to be able figure out the right way to send the command for the hold type. I think I am not doing the format quite right for sending multiple arguments.

@farlicimo,as indicated at the ST community wiki, if you send successive holds, you may need to send a resumeProgram() command to the thermostat to make it work before each hold.

There are examples of commands at the ST community wiki.

Regards.

Hi yvesracine, just wanted to let you know that I love the software. I’ve been using since about Sept. of last year! I just realized you wanted me to like this post when I went looking for old emails to see if there were any links to get newest versions. To get the latest version of the software do I need to do anything specific or will and replying to the old email be sufficient?

Thanks,
Jon

I clear the hold (by doing a resume) each time I test. I’ve been reading through the wiki and can’t seem to get webCore to submit the call in the same format as the wiki. It keeps adding brackets to the outside as well as the brackets I place on the inside. Not sure if that’s the issue or not, but the thermostat doesn’t react at all. I tried doing this “”,‘away’,[holdType:‘indefinite’] and it comes through as ["",“away”,[holdType:‘indefinite’]]. I can get setClimate with a parameter of Away to work which comes through as [Away]. Posted a question to the get webCore help from other users thread a couple times and no answer so figured I would give up for now.

Yeah, it’s a webCore issue. It’s adding some extra characters and ecobee won’t accept them

What do you need to send? What is an exact string that your thermostat is expecting?

Assuming you are doing a HTTPS call, webCoRE sends industry standard JSON or form encoded parameters. A valid JSON body always starts and ends with either [ ] for a list or { } for an object.

Hi @farlicimo,

You need to tell the webcORE author that you’d need to be able to send a Map to the DHT’s setClimate or setHoldExtraParams() commands via cORE/webcORE. The DTH will then be able to process the input parameters in the Map and send them in a valid JSON body to ecobee.

P.S. @ady624 has ‘filtered’ any comments by me in the forum, so he cannot see my answer

Regards.

Treading carefully here so as not to get caught in the crossfire as well as some of the terms are a little out of my league.

Yves noted “need to be able to send a Map to the DHT’s setClimate or setHoldExtraParams() commands via cORE/webcORE. The DTH will then be able to process the input parameters in the Map and send them in a valid JSON body to ecobee.”

For me I think this means I need to send:

“”,‘away’,[holdType:‘indefinite’]

and from what you are saying its wrapping it in to make a valid JSON and so I get

[“”,“away”,[holdType:‘indefinite’]]

but the handler isn’t expecting all JSON as input.

Wait, so you have a DTH command that takes a Map parameter
 yeah, that’s unfortunate, webCoRE can’t (yet?) send a Map object, though I can look into it. It’s a bit unusual for a DTH to take a map parameter, those are usually reserved for the options in standard commands, though it is not illegal (I mean ST-illegal). I’ll look into it, but can’t promise - it’s kind of complicated to handle Map objects due to their highly dynamic content.

FYI–I just tried installing v5.9.6 and keep getting an error trying to publish it:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script1500159543150213204597.groovy: 5739: expecting anything but ‘’\n’'; got it anyway @ line 5739, column 94.
ttings.trace, get_LOG_TRACE())
^

1 error

I went back to v5.9.5