*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Hi,

Please refer to the ST community wiki under the troubleshooting section (items 11,12 and 14).

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Troubleshooting

Some ST exceptions are thrown by the ST backend (not my code). However, they don’t affect the DTH’s normal processing. I’ve contacted ST support about it, but they haven’t indicated when they will be corrected (it’s part of a long list of issues I guess).

The TimeoutExceptions are due to the ST rate limiting and affect all cloud-to-cloud integration devices (not only MyEcobee device).

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response!

Hello, I am getting this error from my ecobee sensors, any idea what is going on? : error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException @ line 453

Hi,

See my post above:

Regards.

Hi Yves,
I’m having issues to talk to the Ecobee thermostat and I have enabled the Trace and get that error:
refresh_tokens>warning: local tokens still expired after refreshParentTokens() call

Is that related to the cloud to cloud issues you mentioned above?
Thanks

Hi Francky, which version are you using?

Please upgrade to the latest version (V5.7.7) and re-authenticate using MyEcobeeInit if there is a connection issue.

No other contributors are experiencing connection issues (myself included), but there maybe a localized issue with your ST account.

Refer to the troubleshooting section of My ecobee Device (item 6) at the ST community wiki on how to set up a watchdog in MyEcobeeInit smartapp. There are some ST scheduling issue from time to time that could interfere with the tokens renewal logic:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Troubleshooting

Regards

Right now my Theremostat and Sensors are working and showing temps, but they are not correct, it looks like they are not updating. Here is some logs, is this related to the database slowdown going on right now. Also, my vents using your keenvent manager is not working at all and was working fine 3 days ago.

Hi, please read my previous post.

Make sure to have the latest version installed (V5.7.7).

And, please remove your logs from the thread as there are sometimes some sensitive info about your ST account (ex. thermostat serial number).

If you have any other issues, send me the logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

Regards

Hi @jasonrwise77, @Francky,

As the ST platform is fairly technical and can be sensitive to changes (especially for cloud -to-cloud integration devices), I always offer my technical support as packages at my store. They sell as low as few bucks per month.

If you want peace of mind, you can either choose my support packages or (if you are tech-savvy) take some time to read my detailed instructions at the ST community wiki under the configuration and troubleshooting sections. Those sections are also indicated in the rft installation file provided with the download zip file.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device

I did a quick check of the many user sites all over the US and Canada that I monitor as part of my support packages, and none of them are experiencing any authentication issues which leads me to believe that you have either some localized ST account or configuration issues. Please take note that some of my contributors have multiple ecobee thermostats and remote sensors at their locations.

Regards.

Where can I get the 5.7.7 version? The one I have was emailed to me after I paid? I just looked and MyEcobeeInit says version 3.1.7

Hi,

You have to look the version in the header under the DTH (My Ecobee device) at

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices (or under your right shard)

Yes, I should have emailed you the latest version. Make sure to subscribe to future versions by following the procedure described in the email.

Regards,

I did everything you asked, verified I am on 5.7.7 and re-authenticated. Still same issue, I am sending over my logs.

Hi,

Please also read the prerequisites at the readme. Make sure to update the right shard.

Regards.

I have been using the NA02, like I said all was perfect 3 days ago and now nothing works.

Hi,

I’m waiting for your logs…

EDIT: My email again: services@maisonsecomatiq.com. There was a missing ‘s’ in the email I posted above.

Regards,

I just sent them, wrong email caused a delay.

I got them and answered to all your questions. Your logs have ST exceptions, but nothing that can prevent MyEcobee device to run properly. Everything is working fine.

Regards.

Thank you

Thanks,

Jason R. Wise

1 Like

Hi Yves,
Thanks, very helpful as always.
I was running the 5.7.7 version, so I did the MyEcobeeInit.
It works now :slight_smile:

It creates a new device, is there a trick to avoid to have to reconfigure the different smart apps to use the new device?

Hi,

The smartapp does not create another device if an existing one is running (unless you’ve removed the MyEcobeeInit smartapp before which you should not do in this case.).

It will reset its authentication tokens, that’s all. Be sure to run it under the right shard.

Now, that you have another device, you need to review your smartapps to use the new one. There is no shortcut.
Regards.