*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Frankly, your best shot in WebCoRE is to talk to the WebCoRE author and convince him to support map parameters.

Otherwise, you can create your own smartapp that just does your custom use case.

Look at my WindowOrDoorOpen! smartapp as an example.

Regards.

Which sensors would you recommend work best with smartthings and Ecobee?

Hi, Iā€™ve heard good feedback from the Iris motion/temp sensors (Gen 2) and the SmartSense sensors. I have the Aeon multisensor 6 at home and Iā€™m happy now (after some battery issues at the beginning).

If cost is an issue, then you can try the Xiaomi sensors, but they are more difficult to pair with the Hub v2.

Look up for feedback on those sensors in the ST community threads.

There are new sensors every month or so, itā€™s hard for me to keep track. Better ask @JDRoberts.

Regards

Okay, Iā€™m not really sure whatā€™s happening. It seems like my ecobee has stopped respecting holds. For the 3rd day in a row, my hold (which claims to have an end date of 2035) got stopped at a schedule change (from Sleep to Away). Unfortunately, I seem to never have live logging enabled when this happens but looking at the ecobee events, setCoolingSetPoint or heating doesnā€™t seem to have run during that period. Whatā€™s equally weird is that I donā€™t always get changes when the schedule changes (so at times, it does respect the hold).
I checked on the ecobee and hold is set to ā€œUntil I Change Itā€ and in myecobee settings, itā€™s blank so defaulting to ā€œindefinitelyā€.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Next, Iā€™m going to try manually seeing a hold on the ecobee itself, removing ecobee from ST and seeing if it respects the hold. That way, I can localize the issue.

Hi @gbenrus25,

Nobody has seen this issue, and itā€™s not related to MyEcobee device for sure (as the DTH is just an interface with ecobee, it cannot create holds by itself)

I have tons of contributors using My Ecobee device, and I can assure you that the code has been working for more than 3 years now.

If you use MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp, and youā€™ve set the set thermostat to Away or Present based on your motion sensors, then review your occupied threshold to more than 15 minutes (its default).

The occupied threshold means that if no motion has been detected in the last 15 minutes (except at Night of course) for all your motion sensors, then the ecobee thermostat will be set to ā€˜Awayā€™.

Iā€™d suggest to set the threshold to more than 15 minutes (ex. 30-60 minutes or more depending on your lifestyle). Or set it to false for a while to see whatā€™s going on.

Also, I hope that youā€™re aware that MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp will set new holds every 10 minutes by default based on the temp differential between your indoor temp sensors and your ecobeeā€™s temperature.

Regards.

Thx. I donā€™t use the occupied motion sensor so itā€™s always set it to false (the SetAwayOrPresentFlag in the code). I only use ecobeeChangeMode smartapp to change the climate based on my location. Yup, Iā€™m also aware of new holds every 10 mins.

The other thing noticed which is pretty weird is the setClimate stays set correctly (to the ST hub mode as it was last changed by ecobeeChangeMode) while the ClimateName reflects the ecobee scheduleā€™s current program. If the setClimate isnā€™t changing, Iā€™m confused as to why the setpoints will change to the ecobeeā€™s schedule SP.

Hi @gbenrus25,

When you do a climate change through the APIs, it creates a ā€œholdā€ with the right setpoints and fan settings, but it doesnā€™t change the climate name as it appears in the ecobee portal/mobile app/thermostat unit.

This is the normal API behavior and there is nothing my code can do about it.

https://www.ecobee.com/home/developer/api/documentation/v1/functions/SetHold.shtml

Regards.

Thanks but thatā€™s not the point I was making. I was saying thatā€™s itā€™s weird that setClimate was set correctly and yet, the SPs were off.

Unfortunately, Iā€™ve add a bunch of issues with this program. Yesterday, I was getting the token expired issue. I eventually reinstalled and hopefully, that issue doesnā€™t return.
8:19:22 PM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request

Today, I woke up and my bedroom temp was way hotter than where the thermostat is but no adjustments had been made (the average diff was about 3F). Unfortunately, I didnā€™t have detailed notifications set to true so the logs didnā€™t have any useful info. However, now that I look at the code, it appears that because the ecobee schedule was in ā€œSleepā€ mode, no adjustments were being made.

Can you please explain the reasoning behind that code? I definitely would have wanted adjustments even when the ecobee is scheduled for sleep mode (and even when I should actually be asleep).
Also, the other issue with that code for me is I ignore the ecobee schedule and I just want it to use my location hub to figure out the modes (I use ecobeeChangeMode). That code essentially ignores the fact that my ecobeeā€™s setClimate is ā€œHomeā€ when Iā€™m awake and instead, focuses on ClimateName (ecobee schedule) which might be set to ā€œSleepā€. As a result, itā€™s pretty hot in my room now!

Actually, I now understand why I was also having the issues I had when I was still home but it was using ā€˜Awayā€™ setPoints (and I thought it was ignoring the ā€˜holdā€™). When the program is using motion sensors and has to change the temperature based on movement, it changes the SetPoints based on the ecobee scheduleā€™s current programsā€™s setpoints (instead of the setClimateā€™s setPoints). As a result, even though I was still home yday, because my ecobee schedule said I should have been ā€˜Awayā€™ and the MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp noticed movements in my bedroom, it adjusted the temperature based on ā€˜Awayā€™ setpoints and seemed like it was ignoring my hold settings.

Is there a currentSetClimateHeatTemp etc? Or maybe the better alternative is to adjust heatTemp and coolTemp instead since those should be set correctly when a climate event occurs.

Hi @gbenrus25,

I donā€™t appreciate that you post my code in the ST community forum.

MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp has been designed to work based on the ecobeeā€™s scheduled climates.

Iā€™m sorry that this smartapp doesnā€™t meet your specific requirements, but itā€™s been used by other contributors, so I cannot change it for your specific needs.

There are reasons why the app has been designed that way.

ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule is a more advanced version of MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp and may resolve some of your ā€œissuesā€ above.

EDIT:
8:19:22 PM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request

This error doesnā€™t come from MyEcobee device (probably from the stock DTH), as the error message is not formatted according to my standards.
Regards.

Sorry about posting the code snippets. Iā€™ll delete them.

Iā€™ll just edit the smartapp to do what I need them for. They are straightforward changes. Take care.

1 Like

Also, I should mention that your latest change to MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp doesnā€™t work for me. It no longer adds the temperature at the ecobee when calculating the average and as such, itā€™s adjusting the temperature only based on the motion sensors.

I just wanted to let the community know I have been using the ā€œMy Ecobeeā€ smartthings app for over a year and I am extremely happy with the product. I initially set it up, in an effort to have the abilities to control my thermostats based on different ā€œRoutines,ā€ and it has worked wonderfully. Based on memory, the ST Standard integration app does not allow for the thermostat to be modified on Home Day, Home Evening, Away Day, Away Evening and Good Night. I use this in conjunction with ā€œRoutine Directorā€ to accomplish managing each Routine with ST ā€œPresence.ā€ This gives me the ability to use geofencing technology to determine current state of my routines and react accordingly.

Just thought I would share my story and the success I have have integrating the My Ecobee Smart App by yracine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,
It looks like my ecobeeremote sensors do not update anymore in smartthings for few days. Itā€™s been working very well before that and I donā€™t recall changing anythng lastly in my configuration.
I am using @yvesracine device handler.
if I check the recently tab for any sensor, I see an update every 5 minutes but itā€™s always the same value, and not the right one. If I restart the Ecobee sensor smartapp, it updates the values but it still not change automatically every 5 minutes
Anyone else having that kind of issue ?
Thanks

@cben0ist,

• Make sure that you have the latest version of My Ecobee device & ecobeeRemoteSensorInit (v2.8) installed. Since you contributed, there have been many versions that Iā€™ve sent to your paypal verified address

• Did you rename your ecobeeā€™s sensors after instantiating them? If so, double check that you have the v2.8 of ecobeeRemoteSensorInit installed as the latest version corrected some issues related to renaming the ecobeeā€™s sensors.

• Please consult the ST community wiki for any issue with ecobeeRemoteSensorInit:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ecobee3RemoteSensorInit#Issue_.2313:_My_temp.2Fmotion_sensors_are_not_refreshing_in_the_ST_UI

• The code itself has been working for more than a year without any issues. I personally monitor many user locations and I have not seen any such issues.

• If you need further technical assistance, please contribute to one of my support packages, and I will check whatā€™s wrong in your ST account.

Regards.

Hey, I am a users of your ecobee stuff and it is great! I like to use it to change mode to away when no one is home, and return to normal schedule when someone arrives at home.

What I am now looking for is the ability to change the mode of all my ecobees at one (like turn off/cooling/heating).

Does one of your smart apps do this?

Hi,

I donā€™t have a smartapp for this, as Iā€™m usually avoiding to change the thermostatā€™s mode in my smartapps.

Are you using a smart rule engine like Smart Rules/Core/WebCore?

This could be done in a rule engine.

If you always want to turn off/heat/cool all the thermostats at the same time (synchronised settings), you can also create a group and include all your thermostats in it. As soon as you will turn off one thermostat, the others will be synchronised by ecobee. Groups can be created at the ecobee portal.

Regards

Yea, I didnā€™t want to group them together in the ecobee app itself as I donā€™t always want to do that.
OK, digging WebCore! thanks for the suggestion.

Though I am wondering what I can use for an actuator that essentially would have tri-state (Heat, Cool, Off).

See virtual buttons and switches.

Hi @Scott_Chapman,

After more thoughts and some digging, Iā€™ve found out that I already implemented this logic in ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule.

In the smartapp, you can create zones and rooms for your house and associate some zone/room tstats.
You can input a master thermostat that can control all the zone/room thermostats during specific ecobee schedules (i.e. climate settings such as Away, Home, Sleep, any custom ones).

Based on the masterā€™s climate settings and its current mode, all the room Tstats are synchronized for any Schedule. If you apply a manual mode change (ex. turn it off) to the main tstat, the ā€œslaveā€ thermostatsā€™ mode will be also synchronized accordingly.

The features above are a subset of all the smartappā€™s available features. Refer to the ST community wiki for more details:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule

Regards.

Hey thanks, sounds cool actually.

But right now I am totally digging WebCoRE. Iā€™ve already implemented radio-style simulated button control for heat/cooling (so you turn one on turns the other one off, or turn one off and they are both off). I am going to make them actually control heat/cooling tonight.

Later Iā€™ll implement a trigger so that if you change mode from any of the units it affects all of them.