*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

@yvesracine, thank you for your quick answer.

great, it seems that My Ecobee device DTH is all I need. I am trying to find on your website the link to purchase just that but for some reason I am having some troubles.

Is
My EcoBee Device for SmartThings with Remote Sensors smartapp (*) - $20

the simplest package to get started (I have an ecobee4) ?

Hi,

Do you want to expose your ecobee4’s proprietary remote sensors to ST as temp/motion sensors?

If yes, that’s the right package.

Please note of the following limitation regarding the motion capability:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ecobee3RemoteSensorInit#Known_issues

Otherwise, you can get just the standalone version, which is cheaper.

Regards

appreciate the feedback. could you give me a link to the standalone version?
I wasn’t able to find it

It’s called My ecobee device - standalone version (15$) at my store.

Regards.

So I’m trying to use WindoworDoorOpen and having issues. It is turning off/on my Ecobee3, however text messages are not being sent and I’m getting constant push notifications. My delay in notifications is 1 minute and max notifications are 1.

Hi,

As the smartapp can turn off the thermostat(s), it’s been designed to send many notifications to remind users that their contact sensors are open and they need to take action about it. In some parts of the US & Canada, turning off the thermostat(s) for a long period could mean pipe bursting (in winter) or mold (in the summer). For this reason, the maximum number of notifications doesn’t apply when you supply some thermostat(s) as input to the smartapp: it’s a safety measure.

If you don’t want to receive push notifications, just say ‘No’ to the following parameter in the smartapp:

input "sendPushMessage", "enum", title: "Send a push notification?", metadata: [values: ["Yes", "No"]], required: false

You can also change the notification frequency (in minutes):

input "frequency", "number", title: "Delay between notifications in minutes", description: "", required: false

For text messages, I don’t have any control over whether you telecom operator is supported or not by the ST notification provider
 I’m just using the regular sendSms() method.

sendSms(phoneNumber, msg)

As I wrote earlier, if you have any issue, please send your logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

P.S. I’ll be on vacation for the next 2 weeks with little access to the internet.
Regards.

I have been using this ST app for my two ecobee3 thermostats since 2015. The app is very high quality, reliable, and constantly improving. I have had a few issues with ST and ecobee (not the app) over the years, and Yves has been very quick to respond and help me fix those issues. The documentation he provides is extensive and very useful. I wish all SmartThings apps worked this good and were this well developed and supported.

1 Like

Hi,

So I just bought the standalone version for Smartthings and I wanted it primarily for a 2 hour hold when a new temp is set within ST. However, I only see “holdType” and options are nextTransition or Indefinite. How do I set the 2 hour limit then it resumes schedule?

Edit, nm the command is “holdHours”

However, when I set holdHours: 2, it is only holding for 1 hour according to the ecobee display, am I inputting the command incorrectly?

Hi,

You’d need to set up the holdType input parameter with the holdHours value.

See my previous post to you.

Regards.

ahh yes, I was adding a space between : and the number. holdHours:2 is what works.

Thanks!

You can do it in multiple ways:

holdHours 2
holdHours=2
holdHours:2

Regards.

I know its probably an actiontiles thing, but is there a way to add a button to the ecobee tile to resume schedule?

I am experiencing an issue in the ST Mobile app with the ecobee3 device type. I am pretty sure it is not an issue with the device type itself since it works fine on my phone (Nexus 6P Android 7.1.2) but I am having an issue on my tablet (Sammy S2 Android 7.0).

Both are running the same version of the ST Mobile app.

But on the Sammy tab when I click to view one of my t-stats the UI just hangs.

I have tried clearing data/cache reinstalling app, rebooting device. No change. Works great on my phone though.

Anyone else experience this? I’ve already engaged with ST Support.

This is not something I can do(you can ask the authors of Action Tiles )
 I’m not sure that they will do it as this is quite specific to the ecobee thermostats.

P.S. I’m on vacation so I’m not able to provide more support.

@tgauchat any chance of adding a “RESUME” button for ecobee tiles to resume schedule on the ecobee devices?

Handling custom (i.e., “ad hoc”) Commands and Attributes/Events is something not fundamental to ActionTiles at this time; but the utility of this is never far from our minds. Our primary focus is on proper implementation of the official SmartThings Capabilities, because that is the fundamental paradigm of their platform. Only problem is that a “disciplined” way of expanding on Capabilities has yet to evolve (or be provided
), even though developers have asked for it for over 3 years.

My recommendation in the meantime?

If “Resume Schedule” is essentially a “Switch” item, then:

1. Perhaps @yvesracine or other Ecobee DTH developers can expose this as the “Switch” Attribute (i.e., add Capability “Switch” to the DTH). This works for any one function of any DTH.

2. or You can add your own Virtual Switch and link it to the custom Command & Attribute using a simple custom SmartApp, CoRE, or maybe the, ummm
 “universal device translator” (I forget what it is called exactly).

Then you can add this Virtual Switch Tile to any Dashboard to live alongside the Thermostat Tile.

@Scott_Chapman, the only thing that you can try to avoid your ST UI issue is to comment out the line for the graphHTML ( around line 650, insert ‘//’ before the instruction). See if it works

@yvesracine - That worked! I did have to remove the trailing comma on the line above.

OK, this means that the HTML tile is not well supported by your Samsung tab.

OK, what information should I pass along to Samsung ST Support? Is the issue basically any tile which tries to display HTML or something more specific?