RBoy Apps is an official partner of Monoprice.
This Device Handler is for the Monoprice Shock and Acceleration Sensor (15269)
This Z-Wave Plus sensor detects the vibrations, examples of it use include:
- intruder trying to break into a window/door
- someone opening a drawer
- movement of an object
The sensitivity can also be adjusted, so the system can be configured to ignore spurious vibrations, such as those caused by a passing car with a too-loud stereo system.
It supports both, Shock Sensor capability and also a Vibration/Acceleration Sensor capability, for use with SmartThings.
The Sensor can be bought directly from Monoprice here for about $20
This device handler supports the following features:
- Reading the following sensors
- Support for v1 and v2 hub fingerprinting for easy identification
- Ability to request a manual update for the sensors and configuration (this is a delayed update at the next wake up)
- The vibration sensitivity can be adjust by opening the unit cover and using a screwdriver to adjust the
+shaped white round knob. Turning it clockwise increases sensitivity, turning it anti-clockwise reduces sensitivity
- To request the manual battery update, please press the “Request Update” button, however this is a DELAYED update. The motion sensor is mostly in sleep mode to preserve battery. The next time it wakes up (every 6 hours), if the user had requested a manual update, it will fetch the latest battery state.
Low Battery: If your battery below 20% consider replacing it. The device will stop sending updates if the battery falls below this level. So you won’t know if you battery has run out, the sensor may get stuck as well and you may receive no updates.
INCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: It is recommended to install the Device Handler BEFORE paring the device for easier setup.
- If you are unsure about the device state exclude/reset the device first otherwise it won’t pair (see below)
- To pair the device, Select
Add New Deviceon your ST phone app
- Then open the sensor device cover
- The red light should be flashing, if it’s not flashing you will need to exclude/reset the device first (see below)
- Press the Tamper switch and release it
- The red light should stop flashing and turn solid
- It should complete pairing within 30 seconds
NOTE: If you’re doing an inclusion after an exclusion, remove the battery first and then reinsert it and then follow the above instructions, otherwise the device doesn’t always pair up.
EXCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: If you deleted the device without excluding it won’t pair up again until you exclude it. To exclude the monoprice sensor:
- Set the hub into exclude mode (log into the IDE -> My Hub -> View Utilities -> Z-Wave Exclude.
- Place the sensor within 1 meter of the hub and push a pin into the little hole behind the sensor to initiate exclusion.
FACTORY RESET INSTRUCTIONS:
- Remove the sensor unit cover
- Remove the battery
- Press and hold the Tamper switch, while holding the switch insert the battery and continue holding the Tamper switch for about 5 seconds
- After a few seconds the LED will light up solid, keep holding the Tamper switch for another 5 seconds and then leave it. The LED should starting flashing (now it’s excluded from the network). You may need to remove the battery and reinsert it if the LED stays solid
- The device works best when it’s within about 30ft of a Z-Wave repeater
- After initial pairing if you move the device to a different location it can take time for the z-wave mesh to update it’s location during which time it may not be able to communicate with the hub. Do a Z-Wave repair to speed up the mesh reconfiguration process
More features to added, if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to ask and we’ll try to add it.