[RELEASE] Monoprice/Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type (Updated)

It looks like there is only one filed there - for temperature offset.

Then you arenā€™t using my device handler.

Yes, it appears that I was using a wrong device handler. After I changed it to yours, I was able to adjust inactive timeout from 3 minutes to 1 minute.
Thanks a lot for your help!

2 Likes

Have two of these motion detectors. I tried pairing them to my hub at my primary home, and never got them to do anything. (was not using this handler at the time) Decided to bring them to the cabin and try again. I did the exclusion and both flashed as they should. Then paired the first one, no problemā€¦ up and running. The second one, the flight just keeps flashing and flashing and it wonā€™t pairā€¦ anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Have you opened it and pressed the switch while trying to pair it?

You could try pulling the batteries, waiting about 15 seconds, and then put them in and try the pairing process again.

You could also try moving the device closer to the hub, but if it pairs, you should probably run a z-wave repair once you move it to its final location.

Hey everyone. I got one of the gocontrol motion sensors up and working using rboy device handler. Seems to be working well. Couple things.

1. Does it usually take a while for this to register with motion. Its a few seconds longer than my smartthings motion sensor. Is this normal for everyone else.

2. I am trying to pair a few of these. I am seeing in another thread that others were having trouble with more than 1 pairing. When I plug the battery into the unit itā€™s actually reporting events on the first device I added. Almost like smartthings thinks itā€™s the same device. Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

It is a little slower than other sensors (see the description above on comparison v/s others) but not by a whole lot (seconds), Iā€™ve found it about a second or so slower (do you need instant notification, e.g. turning on a light when you enter the room or just to know if someone walked in?)

No idea about the pairing issue, itā€™s been good with me fortunately. Do check your list of device incase itā€™s been paired before or to be safe, exclude the device and then pair it

Ideally it would be used for security and automating lights. I guess I will have to get used to it!

I ran out of time last night, but will give it another shot tonight. What is the procedure for excluding first? Itā€™s definitely not in my list if devices. When I plug in the battery on thr second unit, the light just stays red as it does when you have the case off, not blinking red as if it was pairing. I actually tried a 3rd unit last night and got the same results.

Another user recently reported the red light staying on and not being able to pair it, but after closing and re-opening the mobile app, it appeared as an unconfigured ā€œThingā€ when they went to the Add Things screen.

Iā€™ve never heard of a device reporting events on another device, but the usual exclusion process is pressing the remove button from the deviceā€™s settings in the mobile app and then pressing the tamper switch on the device.

A lot of devices will factory reset if you hold the tamper switch in with a paperclip or something for about 20 seconds, but I havenā€™t tried it with this device.

I got one working with a similar problem by removing the battery for 5 min.
I also put a brand new battery in but I donā€™t think that the battery was the problem. I had to do the same thing with another device that I had not excluded properly, before when I had ST reset my hub.

Do people generally find these motion detectors to have accurate temp? Trying to use these with either a nest or ecobee as remote sensors for temp as well.

Reasonably accurate for me, Iā€™m using it to remotely turn the A/C on/off using this sensor as temp measure of the thermostat app.

@RBoy is there way to mod the DTH to show one decimal space for the temp? Also, any chance you can add some config variable where you can adjust the temp in case the temp always show a few degrees off? I noticed the iris/centralite zigbee motion DTH has that option since they tend to run +1 degree higher than the real temp.

The temperature precision is automatic based on what the device reports. It doesnā€™t seem to be reporting decimals. I can make the edit for a correction offset.

@RBoy would be awesome if you could make a correction offset. This way if you mount them higher toward the ceiling where motions typically go you can offset it a bit if you plan to use the temp data for remote sensor with your thermostat.

So 2 things to note here FYR:

1. The sensors tend to work better if mounted lower/face level rather than high above (in our lab testing)
  2. The temperature is actually the ambient temp in the immediate vicinity of the device. With over 20 sensors across my house, Iā€™ve piled them up one on top to measure this and Iā€™ve found that most of them are pretty accurate, the differences are to do with the mounting locations, e.g. on a window will be impacted by the window pane temp and sun rays, on the dry wall itā€™ll be the by the temp on the otherside of the wall (e.g. a sun facing wall on an internal facing wall), or high up depending upon the temp up there (is there an attic on top, plus hot air tends to rise). Just something to keep in mind. Iā€™ve seen folks blame many sensors being ā€œoffā€ from the ambient room temp when really they should be paying close attention to where theyā€™re mounting them.
1 Like

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 1.4.0

• Added option to correct reported temperature (offset)
3 Likes

@RBoy seems like there may be a bug with the new updated DTH with offset support. Some of my motions are showing temps of 770F once I upgraded to the 1.4 version

Odd. Thereā€™s no correlation between motion and temperature. What offset have you set? Also note that the offset only goes into effect the next time change change is reported and not immediately on changing the value. Try changing to the stock motion sensor DH and then back. Maybe itā€™s corrupted data.

All I did was update the DTH to the new 1.4 version. I have not set any offset yet. When I get home I will try your suggestion of swapping to stock and back to see if not fixes the issue.