[RELEASE] Monoprice/Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type (Updated)

Instantly…

1 Like

Yeah and I’ve had my EcoLinks set to ‘Test’ mode for nearly a year now and the battery has been fine… Instant reporting on motion and no motion.

That’s interesting, from the pics I can find of the board of the GoControl version (supposedly the same as the Monoprice) it looks identical to the board in the EcoLinks with the exception of a tilted PIR sensor.

Can anyone confirm the pet jumpers on the go control motion sensor do anything? As far as I can tell they do nothing. Also, what is the row of other jumpers? Is this a connection for uploading firmware or another bank of jumpers? Thanks.

According to the manufacturer it reduces the range of the sensitivity. Nothing to so with pets

Where did you see that? All the literature I have read states nothing which leads me to believe my observations are correct.

I’m in touch with the manufacturer. This was the exact response:

Depending on the settings it will change the distance of motion detection, specifically PET1 does 8m-11m, PET2 does 5m-7m, and test does 3m-4m

1 Like

Thanks for the information.

I just called the company and the engineer said the jumpers do nothing and that future product lines may use them.

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting thing I found as a comparison between the Ecolink and Monoprice sensor.
When the Ecolink is in pet mode, it’s battery life is longer compared to the Monoprice sensor.

However when in regular mode the Ecolink battery dies real quick as in it loses 1% every 1-2 days. However the monoprice it’s been a month and it’s still at 100%

The Ecolink and Monoprice price are in the same test area so the same amount of traffic on a daily basis.

It’s interesting since the Ecolink has a faster response than the Monoprice and has pet mode but for regular use (as in if I just want to know if an intruder entered the room) I think Monoprice feature + temperature bonus + battery life + lower price just blows Ecolink out of the park!

So here I how I see it:
Ecolink - Great for pet mode and if you need instant response (e.g. turning on a light when entering a room)
Monoprice - Great for everything else (temperature, battery life, general motion detection) and the price is 30% lower.

2 Likes

I have both, and I would agree with your statements. I like how you wrote that up, thanks!

1 Like

Version 1.3.1

• Automatically force refresh after updating setting

FYI - these are back in stock at monoprice - just picked up 3 of them…and with Free Shipping.

1 Like

I’m having a hard time removing the WAPIRZ-1 from the ST hub. Any one having this same issue that can help me?

I want to remove it because I having the motion always on. I try to pulling out the battery and put it in again and force update and nothing. I bought tow of this motion sensor and both do the same.

Try a Z-wave repair once it is in the final place it will be.

If you paired it near the hub and then moved it further away, the z-wave repair will help it determine the best path to the hub.

If you are quite a ways from the hub, you may need a device that acts as a z-wave repeater (a mains-powered device like an outlet, switch, or pocket socket).

1 Like

Can GoControl Motion/Temperature sensor with RBoy’s device handler code change its state to “Motion Has Stopped” immediately after motion stops (like the Ecolink motion sensor) rather than after three minutes?
Thank you.

Hi @Action,

I’d have to double check the documentation, but I believe 1 minute is the lowest setting it can be configured for. Pretty sure of it actually.

1 Like

That’s right 1 minute is the least (which can be configured in settings and hit request update thereafter and it’ll take upto 3 hours to take effect, i.e. the next time the device “wakes up”). BTW the default for ecolink is also 3 minutes, unless you have the test mode enabled in which case it resets in 10 seconds. The monoprice doesn’t have any test mode (even the pins say so it doens’t do anything, see the first post).

1 Like

Where do you configure settings?
Thanks.

Device preferences. Little gear icon on the top right of your device page on your phone.