[RELEASE] Monoprice/Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type (Updated)

Nope, I live in a desert. I just happened to have it in my bathroom after I had taken a shower. :slight_smile: Although I just looked and I’m a little confused. It’s showing 46%
 Weird. My thermostat (downstairs) is currently showing 21%.

I’ll report it now. Thanks.

Since I have not yet filed anything to ST, what is the best way to do this?
I’m all for getting my voice heard to them for a possibility of enhancements.

You can send a report to support@smartthings.com and also copy
jim@smartthings.com who has been following up the Android product MGR on
these issues.

thanks, request files to support and jim.

got a reply

kinda not so great when the finger pointing game is started by Samsung SmartThings.
could be a lose cause, but at least they heard my voice/opinion/etc
etc

Chelsea W. (SmartThings)
Dec 27, 11:28 AM MST

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m happy to go over this with you.

Currently, I see that you’re using a few custom device handlers and custom SmartApps. When it comes to custom integrations like these, we’re unable to offer support simply because they’re not officially supported or officially compatible to work with SmartThings.

If you’re concerned with the way things are displayed in relation to any of those custom devices/integrations that you’ve installed on your account, I’d have to direct you back to the community or their developer. You can find our community here.

Of course, I’ve made sure to note your feedback regarding the general display of things via our SmartThings Mobile app, but if you have any other questions or concerns for us, definitely reach back out.

Kind Regards,

Chelsea W.
SmartThings Support

My Reply back:
Chelsea and Team,

I appreciate the feedback. To comment on your feedback
 The reason I am using 3rd part DHL’s is simply because SmartThings isn’t offering these capabilities.
I have read many many posts on the concerns of lack of support and the only way to gain support is to email you guys and express the desire for said support.

So while I totally understand you guys not being able to support a 3rd party DHL, when will you team/developers actually create the needed/requested support?
Since everything is open-source, what is stopping you guys from sucking in all these great tools, thanking the people that contributed and making your product have more “OFFICIALLY” supported DHL’s and SmartApps?

The finger pointing game isn’t fun to play
 we just want you guys to produce more great and SMART things.

-Ben

1 Like

Chelsea replied back to me
 she is now submitting the feedback to the developers. Guess they sometimes need that extra bit of encouragement. Glad to know they are active in getting things done.

A newbie here so sorry for any stupid questions.
I’ve just received 3 Monoprice (p/n15902) sensors. ST refuses to add the devices so here I am.

1. I did add the ZooZ 4 in 1 Device Handler to my ST Hub. Is this the right DH for the Monoprice 15902?
  2. I did not see ‘My Apps’ on my Android phone so per the instructions I emailed ST Support. I did log out and back in to ST on my phone with no luck.
  3. Do I have to add a specific SmartApp ultimately get access to all the features of the Monoprice 15902?

Thanks,

-TAC

Update: I figured out you don’t push the button in the battery compartment but you stick a paper clip in the teeny tiny hole in the side of the unit to pair. ST found the ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40) but in all three of the sensors my phone really doesn’t seem to be updating variables (motion, temp, humid, light).

I emailed support asking them to add battery capacity into their handler for the GoControl sensors. I presume that the trade off between the custom one and the original is that the custom will not work locally?

For the ZooZ and Monoprice 15902 use this DH:

@RBoy

Two enhancement requests for this DHL:
Item 1)
I’ve noticed on this DHL, the Icon is a GREY Circle. Is there a way to give the option to select a custom icon (maybe link into the ST icon library?) or maybe have a standardized icon instead of the plain grey circle or even colors?

Item 2)
I use a EcoLink Motion sensor with the default ST DHL. When using this, it shows an update Motion/No Motion on status. Your DHL just shows the Temp (when using the Monoprice/GoControl sensors). Can you enable a selectable menu/way in the options to select which feature (temp or motion) you wish to be display as primary status? I use these sensors more for motion than temps.

1. Sure
  2. We’ve already coded it that way, ST has disabled that feature in the 2.x release of it’s phone apps. Please send a request to ST to reenable the option for users to select the tile to show on the main screen. Until then you’ll have to change the code (just one word on line staring with “main”, change temperature to motion - in the next release)
1 Like

wow that is super fast on the response time!
thank you for the tip on code mod, trying it now (and will definitely send a nag email to ST group/devs)

when you have an update to the DHL for the first item I will gladly test it for you.
thanks!

Next release :slight_smile: It’s not completely there yet

Can you clarify which Icon you’re referring to, maybe with a picture

Here ya go

1 Like

yeah
 noticed

When I do this and re-publish it, I end up with devices in ST app showing up as “Missing Tiles”

Going to see if opening up the sensor for 15 seconds and/or a hub reboot corrects it.

That’s because we haven’t put in the standard tiles for “motion”, instead of motion put “summary” for now and it’ll work.

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 02.02.06

• Added option for users to select custom icons
  • Added ability for users to select primary display when ST mobile app allows for it