[RELEASE] Monoprice/Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type (Updated)

Thank you - I understand.

Is setting the threshold then in the DH or would that be in a smart app?

My use case is using CoRE, I’m turning on an exhaust fan in the server room when the temp goes above a threshold and then off when the temp drops enough. Of course the update threshold of the temp. sensor is important. I realize the more frequent updates will impact battery life.

The reporting threshold can be configured through the DH settings. When using CoRE you can just define the temperature limits above and below which you take actions.

1 Like

@RBoy My WAPIRZ-1do not report then cover is opened

There isn’t any support for that. Only motion detection and temperature for
now. Something we can look into for the next version but there are certain issues with the sensor tamper alert which we need to check out first.

Noobie question: will the new Zwave plus monoprice pir work without any customization in the IDE? For example, can it just connect to the hub under “add things” straight out of the box or does it need this device handler?

I was able to get the zwave plus version to pair using just the regular add device function on the iOS app. The functions seem to work (motion, temp) using the built-in zwave plus motion/temp sensor profile but I haven’t explored advanced functionality that may be available through some of these DHs.

Thanks Ben, but how did you get it to pair? I can’t find a button and ST isn’t picking up any of the 3 that I bought. Even support was clueless as they have no diagrams. Is there a button or does it supposedly go into pairing mode once batteries are in and cover is on? Thanks

The button is on the back very small, I needed a paper clip.

1 Like

Agreed. Mine also didn’t pair the first time. In the instructions it says to put the ST hub in add device mode, then put in the battery on the sensor, then push the tiny button on the back with a paper clip or pin. You’ll feel a slight click if you’ve pushed the button correctly.

Some people have reported that they had to push the button multiple times. I also found that once the device was detected the red light went from flashing to steady.

Is this device good for detecting motion to turn on a light fast? I have iris sensor so is it comparable in speed?

No, IMO the Iris sensor is one of the fastest especially for the price. Everyone has their own use case so there’s something for everyone. Take a look here.

@RBoy

Would it be possible to make the DHL have the option to select the primary tile. What I mean is when I look at my “things” page on the app, All my motion/temp sensors show the Temperature. Would be nice to have the option to select which tile will be the primary.

1 Like

Does the DR work with the new 4-in-1 monoprice sensors? They do motion, temp, humidity, and light. They also have all sorts of slick options for customizing the various features.

We’ve tried that option but ST has disabled this with the newer ST apps (it used to be there in the old v1 ST apps). Were you able to find a DH that allows you to dynamically change the display do let us know and we’ll look into it again. (We’ve put the code in place, just doesn’t work with the v2 ST app)

This DH works with that. (will update the title shortly):

See this post for a comparison between some popular sensors:

confirming it works! I just installed my monoprice 4-n-1 yesterday and it works great!
One caveat I noticed… Android does not post the icons within each tile, iOS does.

Wish I had screenshots available for demonstrate. This had me puzzled for a bit since the LIGHT and BATTERY tiles are both green (as well as the temp tile, which is bigger). I’m not colorblind, but I bet it makes it really challenging for them to distinguish what is what on Android. Once I openec up ST on my iPad, I was able to figure out which tile was which item/value.

Would be also be nice if there was a way to skew/offset the humidity value as you have done with the temp value. My HUM is showing 55%, when my Honeywell sensors report the house at 45%.

Yup, I’ve noticed the same thing. It happens with a few other of RBoy’s DHs. I wonder what’s going on. I never knew it worked on iOS, I just figured something was wrong on my end. :slight_smile:

Here’s what it looks like:

Here is the iPhone app (I have it installed on my iPad) to use as reference to compare with @mew1033 screenshot

@mew1033 I’m curious if you have a humidifier in your house? Or do you live a naturally humid place? I see you are showing 54% on your sensor also. I keep my humidifier set to 45%. I know mold can start growing once it hits 55% and higher if it is constant.

Sure will look into the correction.

For the Android issue please report it to ST support. We have reported it
but they refuse to Fixit. If enough folks ask they just may do it.