[RELEASE] Monoprice/Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type (Updated)

Interesting. I did not look closely at the boards. I guess I should have before posting. :blush:

Thanks @RBoy and I’ll try running a timed test on my sensors in the garage next week using both handlers since these sensors seem the most reliable as to at what point they trigger when I enter from outside. My curiosity is peaked now

Steve

1 Like

@RBoy So I have this one sensor that’s showing up as celcius but there’s no option to change it, do I have to remove and readd that sensor? Thanks

The scale is set by the platform and not by the DH. The DH just converts
based on what the platform is telling it. Are you seeing others in F or C?
Maybe try to exclude it and re pair it.

Ok, I may try to do that then because the other sensors are showing as F except for this one. Thanks!

So looks like the system updated automatically and is now showing as F now, didn’t do anything…

1 Like

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 2.0.0

• Added support for Z-Wave Plus Motion/Temperature Sensors (new product line from Monoprice)
  • Added support for adjusting PIR motion sensitivity level (for Z-Wave Plus devices)
  • Added support for v1 hub fingerprinting
  • Improved the sensor manual update process, now just open the cover, wait 15 seconds and close it to force a manual update/resync

We’ve been working with the Monoprice product team to bring you these updates. More stuff to come. Enjoy!
Note: - It recommended to install the Device Handler before pairing new devices for ease of setup.

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 2.1.0

• Automatically configure the temperature unit for Z-Wave Plus devices
  • Automatically configure the temperature reporting threshold to 1 degree for Z-Wave Plus devices

If you’re updating an existing Device Handler, after you update the code, make sure you press the “Request Update” button, then open your device cover and close it after 15 seconds for the changes to take effect.

We’ve been working with the Monoprice product team to bring you these updates. More stuff to come. Enjoy!
Note: - It recommended to install the Device Handler before pairing new devices for ease of setup.

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 2.2.1

• Added support for future models of Monoprice and compatible sensors
  • Added support to configure Manual poll interval for newer Z-Wave Plus devices
  • General improvements to extend battery life by reducing unnecessary commands
  • Minor bug fix while checking the PIR sensitivity inputs

If you’re updating an existing Device Handler, after you update the code, make sure you press the “Request Update” button.

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 2.2.2

• Bugfix for manual polling updates

If you’re updating an existing Device Handler, after you update the code, make sure you press the “Request Update” button.

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 2.2.3

• Added a battery icon to make the UI look cleaner

@RBoy

Picked up the latest “Z-Wave Plus® PIR Motion Detector with Temperature Sensor, NO LOGO” and updated to your “2016-8-23 - Updated battery icon” version 2.2.3. On the smartthings app I cannot seem to get the Temperature to show. My other older, non plus, monoprice motion detectors seem to be working fine with your DH.

I have done the “request update” but still seems to not want to show temp. I also have saved and Published to me in IDE. I also did all of this last night just in case it needed a bit of time to refresh/etc. But this morning is still showing “–” for temp

Thanks for any insight with this!

It’s possible that during the inclusion and first wake it didn’t complete the setup. Just click on request update, then push the wake up button and it should update. Otherwise it’ll update by itself within 24 hours

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 2.2.4

• Fixed fingerprint for z-wave plus devices for v2 hubs, it will identify it correctly now if the DH is installed prior to inclusion
  • Improved inclusion process

So I just stumbled onto this thread. Is there any consensus that the monoprice motion sensor is reliable? Seems early on that was in question.

I have 3 of them and 3 of eco link. Love them both no issues. I use the monoprice esp for the temp. I prefer the monoprice to the ZooZ for motion sensor but ZooZ is more configurable for temp reporting. So here is how I would summarize

1. Eco link - best motion response time
  2. Monoprice - best motion sensor and temp combo
  3. ZooZ - best temp reporting capabilities
2 Likes

I just upgraded to your device handler, and now my temperature sensor is permanently stuck at 68°. Is there anything I can do to get it to update?

Thanks

Check you sensor battery (remove it and replace it). the DH only reports what’s its being told. If it’s stuck then the sensor isn’t reporting it. The question would be why isn’t it reporting it. Battery is one reason.
Try excluding and repairing it.

###Monoprice Motion Sensor Device Handler and Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type - Version 2.2.5

• Fixed issue with an error while clicking on request update for some users
  • Added ability to report device handler code version to SmartApps to check for updates automatically and inform the user

Can someone please explain the difference between pet1, pet2 jumpers and software sensitivity to me?

Check out the first post for details:

Taking from it, the pet1 and pet2 are not really pet pins. They just change the “range” of the motion detection.

PET1 does 8m-11m, PET2 does 5m-7m, and test does 3m-4m

Motion detection sensitivity only applies to the v2 Z-Wave Plus devices (not the original line). It is used to determine how much motion is detected within the “range” before it triggers a motion event.

1 Like