[RELEASE] Monoprice/Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type (Updated)

Okay it’s up version 1.1.0
Fixes the issue for the phantom active event due to an idiosyncrasy of the Monoprice sensor vs other (e.g. Ecolink) sensors which wasn’t handled correctly.

@Mclovin50 @Ross check it out and let me know.

Thanks.

1 Like

Cool, I’ll install the update tonight and let you know.

We have success!!! It works now. No more phantom alerts. Thank you

Feature request:
Can you push “device woke up” message to activity log on mobile.

1 Like

@Mclovin50 @RBoy,

FWIW, I have 5 of these in my environment, and have yet to experience any phantom events running the community developed device handler with my tweaks. Surprisingly, I have more problems with the PEQ/ST branded zigbee devices than the monoprice ones.

Success here too! woot

1 Like

You’re welcome. My pleasure.

Curious, why would you want the device woke up alert on the mobile (not much you can do about it). The device is programmed to wake up every 4 hours (default by ST).

Just so i can check if someone opens and then closes the sensor cover. I guess the cover open message is enough.

Right when the cover is opened, it sends a cover open alarm event to the device activity log.

1 Like

Now when the device preferences are edited and saved through the phone, it will automatically request an update the next time the sensor wakes up (you don’t need to manually press the request update tile).

version 1.2.1
Updated the device handler to comply with the latest z-wave command class specifications received from the manufacturer.

I’d love to try some of your stuff, but damn I hate Facebook and never log in to it.

No issues, you dont’ need to log into facebook, I just post updates there for folks to see. You can check out my website

Hey Fellas, I’ve been running my Monoprice Motion Sensors for a couple of days now with jscgs350’s device handler. It seems to be working well enough, but it hardly ever (~1/day) reports temperature, which is my primary motivation for using the device.

Is there a way to get it to report more frequently?

Thanks!

E

You get what you pay for. The SmartThings Motion sensors update motion within 3-5 seconds and update battery status and temperature probably every hour, or more often.

These Monoprice sensors, unfortunately are crazy slow by comparison. Can’t beat the price though - after coupon I got 5 Monoprice sensors for the price of 2 SmartThings Motion sensors!

Change the wake up parameters, default is 4 hours. The device type i’ve written polls the temperature every 53 hours after it wakes up to save battery. You can modify it according to your needs, you can wake it up every hour and poll but it’ll kill the battery. the device itself will push events when there is a > 1 degree change in temp

Hey RBoy,

I haven’t been getting that ~1 degree temp change notification. It’s been more like, 4 degrees or ~3 hours. Is that something that your handler facilitates or should the sensor be doing that itself?

Thanks for all your help!

Unfortunately that isn’t something that can be programmed. It’s the hardware design. There is a polling workaround I’ve provided above but it’ll impact your battery life.

You may have a defective piece. Try talkin to monoprice

Where in the code do you change the wake up interval for temperature?

You can’t, there is no such thing as wake up interval for temperature. Wake up is a class of Z-Wave devices.
I’ll update the code to provide an option to configure an interval for manually polling temperature but it’ll cost battery life, it’s a tradeoff.

1 Like

Version 1.3.0
Added support for manual polling of temperature, battery and motion status (minimum is 10 minutes - hardware restriction)
Improved battery life by settings configuration only once per refresh request
Temperature updates are now shown to the device activity log every time it’s reported (even if it hasn’t changed)

See instruction, you need to remove remove and replace the sensor cover for the settings to take effect immediately.

1 Like