SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

dth_security
smartapp_security

I completely appreciate your help Arn. The device is about 7 ft from the
hub in the same room (i.e. no obstructions).

(Arn B) #726

Then perhaps interference. Are the HUB and Wifi Router separated by at least a few feet?

What’s really odd is the Updated field is not showing anyghing. That’s a sign of a software failure. Event if the Keypad app routines were not coded, it should show with a status of ExitDelay in the ST app device view when arming in On mode. If not the Keypad delay time may be 0.

I realize this sounds odd but go into Lock Manager Keypad routine and save all the profiles, then save when it returns to the Smartapp start page. Sometimes this has worked for me when things get “weird”.

(Mark) #727

It’s in the first post of this thread.

(Eric) #728

Thanks for the help.

(Steve) #729

@zcorneli YOU ARE MY HERO!

Thank you so much @arnb for your INCREDIBLY patient help. (You are ALSO my hero!)

This was the problem. I hadn’t done the 2nd part of this step. The keypad came with no instruction book and where I looked it up online it didnt mention (or i missed) that 2nd step.

So I did what you said here and factory restored it. redid the setup. including the VERY important second step and BAM. everythings funcitonal. Works like a charm includingetry/exit delay.

Again, and for real, @arnb… thank you SO much for your help in trying to chase this down. even though it ended up not being the thing, your dedication to trying to help folks get their problems sorted out is really what community is all about!

Steve
(I’m just arming and disarming my system repeatedly and having a blast :D)

So I had some success. I decided to switch the “On” profile to the one that sets the mode to Arm Stay instead of Arm Away so my wife could get some functionality out of the keypad. My thinking was that at least I was getting exit delays when pressing On. (I also moved the Arm Away profile to Partial). Somehow that starting giving me exit and entry beeps??!! I am also finally seeing something in “Updated:”. So for good measure I deleted and recreated both of those profiles and switched them back to Away = On and Stay = Partial.

Away/On works as expected: Entry and Exit delays and beeps. However I am still not experiencing an exit delay on Stay/Partial. (I am getting beeps and an entry delay).

(Eric) #731

My panic button is stuck on in the app and I don’t know how to deactivate it. When I press the button on the panel it goes off temporarily in the app but then turns red again.

(MacTechGenius) #732

I am using one of these to power my Iris keypad from my alarm keypad. Works perfectly!
http://amzn.to/2HiVac8

(MacTechGenius) #733

Lowe’s CS says they have a new keypad on the way. Does anyone have info about it? I hope it’s compatible with ST

Hi everyone. I’ve done a pretty good job at working my way through everyone’s comments and I have almost everything working with my Iris Keypad.

The only thing that isn’t working currently is when I open the door after it is armed all the lights and the alarm go off instantly even though the keypad starts a 30 second delay beep.

Any ideas on if I have a setting wrong or if a previous setting might be overriding the SmartAlarm or ULM?
Should I not be using SHM in conjunction with Smart Alarm?

(Michael) #735

Centralite makes most of the Iris components, I assume they are introducing this keypad:
https://www.centralite.com/products/security-keypad

(Mark) #736

I think that keypad’s been around for a while. Xfinity uses that version. Same device handler works with both I believe.

(Arn B) #737

Both SmartAlarm and ULM are deprecatated.

Recently I released Version 2 of SHM Delay (Beta) that fully supports the Iris Keypad, exit delay, entry delay, the panic button, interacts with Smart Home Monitior, and requires no additional smaratapps. There are also a few kaypad device handlers out there, suggest using this version.

Thanks for the quick response. So if I reset everything and start from scratch, I just need to setup the DTH, reconnect the keypad, then follow your instructions to connect the app to your repo? Then do some customization of settings as i see fit?

(Arn B) #739

If the keypad is properly installed and you change the DTH it should likely be OK. The deprecated smartapps may be uninstalled removed. Then setup your keypad in the SHm Delay Version 2 app.

(Mark) #740

Actually if you add the newer device handler to your IDE, you don’t have to remove the keypad if it’s already paired to your hub.

Just go into the keypad’s device settings page in the IDE, and you can change the device handler to the new one.

Go back into your device’s settings in the mobile app to set it up with the newer handler.

(MacTechGenius) #741

I just picked up another iris keypad from Amazon and it seems to register some button presses twice…anyone else have this issue? I requested a replacement from Amazon

Thanks arnb and mark for your feedback. I think I got everything working correctly. I have a couple questions that I was hoping to get some insight on.

1. Since I have a pet my Away routine and mode cannot use motion sensors for alarm purposes. I do have a Vacation routine that uses Vacation mode and Armed Away was well. Since I have to manually hit Vacation routine through the app (instead of the keypad), when I get back from Vacation will it still use the keypad delay entry since it is set to Armed Away? Any way to include motion sensors in this mode?

2. Do both the SHM and the Delay Version 2 app need to have push notifications and text alerts enabled? Or can it just be one or the other?

3. The only real contact sensors that should have a delay are the doors I select right? If a window sensor is selected in the SHM then those shouldn’t have any delays right? Furthermore, should I create separate “Simulated Contact Sensors” if I want the alert to tell me the correct door that was opened. Right now I only have one simulated sensor, but I get an alert from each door assigned to the sensor.

4. Is it ok to have Night mode set up as the partial option on the keypad, but also use “Perform routine automatically when things quite down” in case I forgot to arm the Night routine? It seems to be ok right now.

In the Delay app itself can someone explain the last 3 options under Global Settings. I am a little confused on what they are supposed to do.
-Panic Key is Monitored
-Simulated sensors must be unique
-True Entry Delay (seems like this is a must if you want to enter your house
with enough time to turn off the keypad)

Thanks again for everyone’s help!

(Arn B) #743
  1. I feel it would be easier to remove the motion sensors from SHM and SHM Delay, then add them back when you go on vacation

2. I would say yes. The SHM message is going to show the Simulated Sensor from a SHM Delay alert. If you want to know what caused the alert, the SHM Delay message is required.

3. Unless you are planning to enter your home through the window, they should not be part of SHM Delay.

4. on the Iris Partial is StayHome or St Armed (home). It’s Ok to use the automatic running of routines, but suggest setting modefix on to keep the keypad in sync.

Panic is Monitored. Creates an intrusion when Iris panic key is pressed

Simulated sensors unique for people who want to use a unique simulated sensor for each monitored device. normally not used

True entry delay is normally not used. It turns the Alarm system on and off during entry delay when motion sensor selection does not correct an intrusion alert.

Thanks. Just to clarify though:

1. Even with the True Entry Delay turned off, I will still have 30 seconds to punch the code into my keypad upon Simulator sensors going off, either in Armed(Stay) or Armed (Away). Window should instantly trigger alarm.

2. I should check the Simulated sensors must be unique (and add additional simulated sensors) if I want to know if the front door or garage door triggered the alarm after the delay.

This community has been very helpful, but it can get overwhelming reading through all the posts :smile:

Thanks again everyone!