[OBSOLETE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

Hello :slight_smile: I am very new to this an am trying to get this setup. I have a few questions about how to get this properly working. I installed the iris keypad prior to even learning about this DTH. I did remove and resync the keypad after I installed? this DTH. However, I have not been able to get this to work. I wanted to ask what parameters I should be looking at to change, like keypad code, delay times, and any other things I would need to change??? Also do I have to have the User Lock Manager to use this, or can I just use it as a stand alone???

I did notice that it seems to be acting more like a thermostat because of the temperature being displayed along with up and down arrows located within the same box. When I tap them nothing happens.

after reading all these issues, I’m not sure I want to purchase the iris keypad.

This is the ideal entry way keypad too, kinda disappointed. has anyone had complete success?

@MikeBro97
Use this smart app with the keypad.

[RELEASE] Keypad Coordinator - Bring out the power of your Keypads

@bamarayne’s handy work!

2 Likes

Yes, I use @ethayer 's User Lock Manager app and it works fine, including working with SHM. About to install my second keypad.

oh, ill definitely read into that.

Is there more than one keypad that will work with smartthings? or is the iris keypad the only one as of now?

I’m using an Xfinity 3400-X (purchased on Ebay) and it now works well. For sofware: the DTH from the beginning of this post with a minor modification, E Thayer’s Lock Manager (not User Lock Manager), three CoRE pistons, a simulated open/close sensor, and Smarthome. Should you prefer, avoid the tweaking by using SmartAlarm.

Piston 1. Provides an entryDelay missing in Smarthome
Piston 2. Followup for Piston 1, triggers the alarm state in Smarthome
Piston 3. Sends a notification/message when alarm state is armed and Front Door sensor is open. Needed since real sensor is no longer monitored by Smarthome.

More info on Piston 1 and 2

I’m not that great with adding new hardware to ST that isn’t integrated, which is easier, the XFinity or IRIS keypads?

They’re exactly the same. Both use the same device type handler and smartapps.

I prefer the look of the Xfinity device. From what I read the Iris devices have various models and firmware versions, some may have battery issues. When buying on Ebay make sure the device has the mounting bracket.

Scroll down for image

Iris Images
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Iris+Keypad&t=ffab&iax=1&ia=images

I ordered my xfinity keypad today, only a matter of time until I receive it in the mail.

Using Xfinity Keypad, with this DTH, Ethayer lock manager, Smarthome, and my SmartHome Delay SmartApp. On occasion when disarming from the keypad the Android App Dashboard status does not set to off and the following message is issued:

3:20:53 PM: warn SHM armDisarmCheck found semaphore 1502220053260 and not executing off

Anyone know what may be causing this or how to fix it.

My SHM Entry Delay Smart App is found here

I bouth a centralite keypad on ebay but it didnt come with the wall mount. Can anybody post pictures of the wall mount please. I want to see what it looks like so I can maybe design and 3d print one

@JDRoberts saves the day, again. I’ve been using this one out in the open for couple of weeks now, no problems…

CentraLite Keypads - #290 by JDRoberts

1 Like

Nice. I just got done with shaving down the inside of a 2 gang outdoor box. Only required 10 min of work with my Dremmel and $8.00

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so mods feel free to move.

I’ve got the CentraLite 3400 keypad installed and working with the DTH and apps listed above. I figured out how to arm and disarm with a code and fire a routine. What I’m trying to do is associate codes with turning a device on or off. For example… enter code 1234 to turn on the switch for outside lights. Code 5678 opens / closes the gate (MyQ device using the MyQ Lite DTH and app) I don’t really need any of the alarm or SHM functionality of the keypad. Does anyone know if this is possible?

@bamarayne has made an alternative smartapp for things exactly like this, available here:

3 Likes

Thanks! So in my situation is it best to use your DTH with @bamarayne’s SmartApp? Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

If you don’t need the alarm or SHM integration, and just want to run routines or control devices, @bamarayne’s smartapp with my DTH will do exactly what you need.

2 Likes

You need a smartapp to control/interface the keypad with ST.

All do the trick.
Keypad coordinator is most versatile

Free:
Keypad Coordinator by @bamarayne
Lock manager by @ethayer

Paid:
Door lock manager by @rboy

3 Likes

What if I want to use the smart alarm smartapp and the iris keypads?