[OBSOLETE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

Hey Zack… Right now these things are dirt cheap at Lowe’s. I got three for six bucks each… it might be worth the cost just to replace it… Almost the same price as a new battery

$6?! What Lowe’s was that? And how do we know if they actually have the new firmware? They could’ve been on the shelf forever lol and that’s why they’re $6 clearance.

I don’t know how to check that… I do know that Monte are working great and the lights turn off after 5 seconds

Mine were online

My keypad lights only get stuck on when I seem to arrive home and when I come in the alarm is disarmed upon arrival and when I walk through the the door the keypad is lit up, I just waive and it resets the lights.

1 Like

Are you using the DTH on this topic?

I’ve been having a lot of problems with having to enter the code multiple times for it to accept it and the keypad lights often don’t match the actual state of the system.

Does anyone know if using repeating digits in the code effects the reliability?

Kevin,

After fussing with the keypad for most of the day yesterday, I realized (before reading this thread) there is a conflict between Smart Home Monitor (SHM) and Smart Alarm (SA). This thread confirmed you have to choose one or the other application. To get the entry delay with default programming, you need to choose SA. I prefer the dashboard indications in SHM so I’ve been thinking about a workaround to get an entry delay with SHM…

Create a custom routine that initially activates the chime (in the keypad or Zooz chime/siren) when the delayed entry doors are opened and activates the siren/lights/barking dogs/etc, after a preset time duration (the entry delay).

Know if anyone has tried that?

Some in this thread have done the opposite with CoRE, using a virtual sensor, so tripping a real sensor triggers a delay (and chimes), and then after the delay, triggers the virtual sensor that SHM is monitoring.

What parts of the dashboard for SHM do you prefer? I’ll be working on the custom SA in the next few days (Finally got some time), so I may be able to make some changes for better dashboard integration.

–Zack

1 Like

There is another modified version of Smart Alarm that incorporates a dashboard device similar to SHM as well as Hue support. I tried merging the two but I am not really a programmer and got several errors and didn’t get back around to it. I would love a combined modified SmartAlarm app though.

I’m still trying to figure out the application hierarchy for my smart home environment. Eventually I see much more than just a security system. Knowing what I went through getting to the Harmony Ultimate as the single AV remote my family can use without trouble, I want to get the big picture identified first.

With SHM, I like the GUI. I currently see SA as being a sub program in SHM, so using it as my preferred interface is not desired. Unless it has a stand alone app that I haven’t seen yet. I would love to abandon one or the other. The delayed entry is my most desired functionality that SHM does not have.

In SHM, I originally thought the state (status) dashboard was the main control point. Then I found “Modes” in the Routines screen of the automation tab. I sense this is the intended control point which make sense for family members because it’s intuitive. For me, as the person who will be getting alarms while we’re camping at the beach, I like to just go to the state screen and arm/disarm as I need to. It’s more a case where I need to adapt to the intended method of using the app, which I am still learning. The fewer the number of interfaces and application links I deal with, the better.

@RyanW

I should (hopefully) be able to integrate that, because I do agree, that looks beautiful, and shouldnt (I hope) be too rediculous to merge in.

@johnp77777

There’s a patch floating around here that will be my first integration as I start working on this again this week, that allows for control via the SHM dashboard (Matches SA state with SHM state). This would allow you to use the SHM dashboard for arm/disarm, but not get alerts on that dashboard.

–Zack

That would be awesome Zack! Definitely keep me posted if you do. I took at whack at it and got some syntax errors but I am sure someone with a bit more experience writing smartapps could incorporate the features of the other SA smartapp pretty easily.

Hi all - thanks to all who made this possible.

I have a different use case. I would like to use the Iris keypad to open my garage door. I tried this using User Lock Manager, but it arms/disarms SHM at the same time.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? Example, if I type in + OFF - it would run “close garage door” home automation (and do nothing to SHM). To open, same thing, use + ON - and then run “open garage door” home automation.

Thanks

@tuffcalc
I don’t think there is a way with the smartapp in it’s current form to not disable SHM if you have SHM setup for security. You could probably comment out the lines of code that send the events to SHM for off/stay/away. Possibly the sendSHMEvent(“away/off/stay”) lines.@zcorneli can probably confirm exactly which lines you’d need to remove.

Are you also using the Amazon echo?

I have an app, EchoSistant, which is based around the echo, but is not required. It had service for keypads built in, but you just gave me a great idea.

Take a look at EchoSistant and give me a day or two. I’m going to build your use case into the app.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant

@bamarayne - yes I use Echo. I use it only for very basic use cases. Taking a look at your app, will give it a try when revised. Thanks!!

1 Like

All,

I’ve updated the github repository to have a better name, and simplify the branches (Everything on Master now, instead of individual branches).

Owner: miriad
Repository Name: Centralite-Keypad
Branch: master

This now has the device type and both smartapps, and will be the location for releases going forward.

–Zack

1 Like

What’s the proceedure to update to the latest? Kinda new at this.

You can either download the code directly (Links in the first post are still accurate) and update via the IDE, or you can add the github repository (Requires github account, and enabling github integration with smartthings IDE), and then set the device type and smartapp to use the repository in their metadata.

After enabling the github repository, you can click “Update from repo” in the top right of the IDE for both the smartapps and device type.

–Zack

just wanted to say thank you for this.

Just so everyone knows; these keypads work with @ethayer’s new Lock Manager without having to make any modifications.

2 Likes