[OBSOLETE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

when I do it in core, under condition #1, I set the capability to “Motinon Sensor” under “Motion Sensor List” I select my keypad. After I select my keypad “attribute” pops up and defaults to “motion” but when I click on it I can change it to "arm Mode

ive seen this…will the doorbell integrate with ST though? I do need a doorbell lol

That’s really strange. As you can see, mine doesn’t have that option. I wonder if it’s an Android vs iOS thing or something. I might have to move to the CoRE thread for help on this.

The button for the door bell connects to the speaker portion wirelessly-- using it’s own wireless frequency. So I do not believe the button itself will be seen by STs as a device. However, you can configure STs to respond to those button presses as the speaker receives them. So in a way, yes it does, just not directly.

That is weird. The keypad is also listed under temperature measurement and button

In CoRE my keypad fell under a “tone generator” which is what I used to get it to beep.

Usually my mode is changed to home and my home routine is fired off by my door lock which has a keypad so really I would mostly only be using my keypad for arming at night or when leaving. My problem is that the keypad still beeps for 30 seconds even after I am in home mode and inside. I am wondering if there is a way to prevent this using a CoRE piston?

If anyone is interested, I got this working using the following Piston:

1 Like

I did have this same issue . The fix was to replace the unit with a new one.
I have a new problem now, every once and awhile the lights will stay on the key pad and drain the battery’s dead.

I am new to Smartthings and having some difficulty here.

I have an IRIS keypad. It installed just fine with the codes listed here. I have installed the UKM and Smart Alarm. Everything sees the keypad ok.

But I can’t seem to get it to work. I set entry/exit delays. I set keypad to chime. When I press the partial or arm button it beeps once. No beeping during exit delay. And the alarm mode never seems to get set. I tried all kinds of settings, etc.

On the screen for Arming/Disarming options. Not sure how the modes should be configured. I have tried various combinations and nothing works.

Is there some sort of tutorial on how to configure everything?

All I want to do is press the partial or on button, have the keypad beep during the exit delay, after exit delay arm the alarm. Then the keypad should beep during the entry delay and turn off the alarm when the code and off button is pressed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you have to enter the code to arm as well…enter yoru code then hit either partial or on

I was trying to access the ULM keypad info, such as what button is pushed, etc in CORE. I can’t seem to find those conditions.

Any suggestions?

Sadly, the keypad doesn’t report individual button presses, just a 4 digit code + state (whatever button you pressed).

You should be able to get access to the code+state in Core by accessing the device, but I haven’t actually tried to accomplish this.

@dp812 and others:

The keypad does report a code of “0000” when any of the “On” or “Partial” buttons is hit without a code, and won’t let you put in a code of 0000 for disarm, so you should be able to put an additional code slot into ULM for now with the code 0000 for “easy arm”.

I’ll be incorporating this into ULM soon, but this is a good workaround for now.

–Zack

The 4 digit code and state would be fine. I just can’t seem to find that in the core lists. I probably just don’t know where to look.

Just ran into this issue myself, looks like you need to go into Core settings and enable expert mode, it’ll let you pick the attribute you want to compare.

@Jwwhite:

It doesn’t look like the device type actually saves the CodeEntered event to an attribute which Core can access. I’m thinking this is likely a SmartThings security thing, so your codes arn’t visible when someone looks at the device status. Core would need to be able to subscribe to the event, which I don’t think it can.

–Zack

I figured out a work around where I don’t need to access the keypad
in CORE.

I got thrown a little before I realized that the ULM sends the data to
SHM, irregardless if a routine is run or not. If one does not have SHM
installed, will the ULM just run the routines specified? It won’t turn on
anything else?

Thanks for the help.
Jim

Does the battery tile actually work? My keypad is dead, I assume it’s batteries because it’s dead and the tile says 100%.

Jordan

I’m wondering the same thing…Mine appears to have died yesterday

Mine died yesterday as well. I won’t have new batteries until Sunday though.

They do report batteries, and the reporting is “fairly” correct. I have a keypad that has “-20%” battery remaining (Batteries are weak enough that the lights won’t really work, but the keypad still does, sorta).

The actual issue is that the FW has a bug in which the lights don’t turn off, and so they kill the batteries in ~1 day, which is less than the battery reporting time. The issue has been fixed in the Lowes firmware, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to get the new firmware, and how to do firmware updates from a ST device type.

–Zack

I typically catch when the Iris logo stays lit up and I just wave my hand and it resets. I got batteries today I’m going to replace and see what happens. Probably need a Iris hub to update firmware which is dumb. Wish there was a way to update with ST. I have wink trippers that I know have updated firmware but I would have to connect them to a wink hub in order to update. Just seems like to much work.

ST recently introduced OTA firmware updates for Zigbee devices, but I think that’s for “Official” devices only, I can’t find a way to give FW files to ST to do the updates, or to get the FW from Lowes, etc.