[OBSOLETE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

So ULM is the app for the keypad and Smart Alarm is the app for the alarm. You need to have routines set in ULM. So when you type your pin and hit either on, off or partial ULM tells smart things how to respond based on what routine you have programmed. They delay in ULM would delay the routine from firing and would have no audible beep where as the delay in Smartalarm allows all other functions setup in your routine to run but just delays arming the alarm and setting off the alarm and allows the beeps.

You will need the routine to change the mode. Smart alarm arms based off of mode and not routine; ULM runs a specific routine based on how you arm or disarm.

For example: make a routine and call it away( or whatever you want) and have it change mode to away along with any other functions you want such as locking doors and turning off lights. In ULM have “ON/arm” (whatever its called I cant remember) run the “Away Routine”. In Smart Alarm have it arm the alarm when the mode changes to “Away”.

Also I have found the Lowes and the iris platform have shitty QA…I have had to return 2 keypads and a couple other sensors due to defects. If you keep getting issues and are 100% sure you have it set up correctly just return it. Don’t pull your hair out by just adding and removing the same device and apps…My third keypad has worked flawlessly 98% of the time( most issue are Smartthings related and are resolved next day) for the past 3+ months( if not longer)

I suppose you could use core

Thanks for the explanation.

Should SHM delay arming with this process? The problem is that it is immediately arming when I type in PIN+On on the keypad. Then when I open the door I immediately get an Intrusion alert in SHM.

I am having the exact same problem. I would like to use Smart Alarm and have no interest in using SHM for my security since it doesn’t have a delay setting. If I enter my code and one of the three bottom buttons it changes the mode for SHM and leaves my location in Home mode so Smart Alarm never arms.

EDIT: It looks like I was able to turn on Smart Alarm via adding routines under the keypad section in ULM (press the bar that says + Routines) but it is still arming SHM which I do not want and I would really rather the keypad set modes versus running routines if at all possible but at the very least I have to find a way to stop arming SHM otherwise I will always have an intrusion when I come back home and open the door before I even have time to enter the code.

I don’t believe you can get delays with SHM;you have to use smart alarm. Using both causes issues. You can just remove the SHM settings or go to the developer and delete it completely and you will have a blank dashboard on your app.

Remove the settings from smart alarm or go to the developer(I think under the main hub settings, NOT under smart apps) and delete the app. As far as I know you have to use routines, just make new routines that only change mode

Yep. It looks like it was because security was setup under SHM even though it wasn’t being used. Once I removed the Security SmartApp within SHM there is no security to arm/disarm and only the routines fire now. Thanks!

So if I wanted to use this keypad as a poor man’s security system, could I enter a code before bed that would have the system make a noise either on the keypad or my phone if any door (I have smartthings sensors on my doors) was opened after that code was entered?

The keypad doesn’t make enough noise to be an alarm but you can definitely use your phone or buy a siren… Currently I just use my phone with a custom ringtone that I uploaded. I saved the smartthings phone number into my contacts and set that contact to have a specific ringtone which is super loud, annoying and 3 minutes long.

And I assure you, smartthings is not for the poor man.

1 Like

You can also get a zwave siren for relatively cheap. Those are sure to wake you up versus a text message or the keypad.

I agree that a siren is the safest option…sometimes my phone gets put on silent at night and I don’t realize it. The phone is good for use away from home…im planning non getting one of these soon

https://www.amazon.com/Siren-Gen5-ZW080-A17-Aeotec-Cert/dp/B00PKKM2HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487173254&sr=8-1&keywords=zwave+siren

so let’s say I get a siren…how do I do the rest of this hookup with the smartapps? it seemed confusing as I surfed the settings.

I’m not 100% as I do not currently have it, but under Smart Alarm>Alarm Options, there is an option to choose a siren. The settings are grayed out because I do not have one to add but once you add and select one more options might appear.

Hey @jeremyinmt @Zevans08 is correct here is a screenshot of my setup hope this helps

So, I’ve been having the same issues with getting two keypads to chime at the same time. It’s almost as if when there is a command sent to two keypads at once to beep, only one of them actually executes it-- because the Events does show the keypad receiving the beep command.

I’ve also set up beeps using Core, and I’m still having the same issue. If I set up a Piston that sends a beep to both keypads, only one will beep. If I set up separate Pistons with it only sending a beep to one keypad, and create another piston that does the same thing but beeps the other keypad, I still only get a beep from one keypad. It’s really strange.

If I set them up to beep completely separately, and have one keypad beep when one door is open, and another keypad beep when a separate door is open, they work fine-- because only one keypad is receiving a beep at that moment. It’s actually very strange to me, because like I said, if I look in the event of the keypads I can see them receiving the beep command.

Any idea why this might be happening?

When they are both set to beep is it always the same keypad that beeps? I had an issue with mine not doing the beeps when it was supposed to and exchanged it for a new one and I have not had a problem since then…just a thought

Sort of. Occasionally the one will beep, but for the most part it is the same one. I’m going to test it again and check.

EDIT: So, yeah… it seems like it’s always my Front Door keypad that beeps if I have them both set to beep. If I separate them out, they both beep fine. So you really think this could be a hardware issue?

EDIT2: I’m going to grab a replacement and a couple more (they’re now $10 at my local Lowes!) today and see if this fixes it.

cant go wrong for $10…hell I might need more at that price

and its worth a shot…a new keypad fixed all my issues

Anyone know how I might be able to accomplish the following with Core (or something else)?

I currently have an audio device that will play different tracks when SMH changes to a certain state-- “Security system is now disarmed”, “Security system is now armed and away”, “Security system is now armed and home”. That’s basically triggered any time SMH changes to one of those states.

I have ULM setup for a 40 second exit delay, and that works great. However, I’d like to be able to play a track to my audio device when that delay starts-- “Security system will arm in 40 seconds. Please exit now.”

My thought was when the keypad receives the command “setExitDelay” that I could trigger an action to play that track from my audio devices. But I’m not sure how I’d go about doing that. Core seems like the way to go, but I can’t seem to find where I’d configure something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m really close to the wife being happy with how this all operates. :slight_smile:

Try adding a piston and for condition select motion sensor then from there you should be able to select keypad. Change attribute to “arm mode” then manually enter the arm mode you want. Then just set up the action portion…what audio device are you using? I like that idea…

If that does not work perhaps you could just have it on a routine or mode change; that might be easier. When the keypad is armed the routine automatically fires and does not wait 40 seconds, the 40 seconds is just for the arming on the alarm

I’m not able to change an attribute to “arm mode”. When a motion sensor is selected, it will only give me the option of active or not active.

The keypads do move into “Delayed” mode when that 40 seconds starts. You can see that happen by looking at the device’s current status. So my thought was there has to be a way for Core to trigger an action when the keypad enters that mode, I’m just not seeing where you’d do that. Again, if I select a motion sensor for the keypad condition, then I only have those two options.

The audio device I’m using is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0182XG27Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . You can actually load up to 100 MP3s on it and specify what track you want it to play. I don’t use the actually doorbell button for anything right now.