[OBSOLETE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

Thanks for the clarification I am up and running now Happy Holidays!

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t notice I needed to go into the Keypad info (optional) screen and choose the keypad, I thought selecting the Locks on the first page was what did that. Now it is disarming and arming. I will play with it further to check out the Smart Alarm later. Thanks.

1 Like

Anyone know why there is an up and down arrow as part of the temperature reading? As if it lets you adjust temp?

Jordan

Is there a way to clear the Panic icon in the keypad device? I am using the DTH and User Lock Manager currently, after testing I believe the Panic icon in the device turned red, at least I don’t think it was red originally? Thanks.

Can’t be cleared, it’ll stay red.

ok, thanks.

1 Like

Keypad is on sale at Lowe’s for 24.99… Originally$30? If not more

Just got a keypad yesterday. I installed the DTH, but when I get to the part where smartthings find the keypad and press the tamper button on the back, I never get a solid network light…it just keeps blinking…network light is the one that look like two dots joined by a line and one of the dots has lines almost all the way around it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I had a similar problem - make sure you’re using the right code from GitHub. In my case I was using an older repository and as soon as I pointed at the right place everything worked like expected. I also did a factory reset - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqUJKU6HMA

I believe the network light doesn’t always stop blinking. Try re pairing it and just hitting a button on the front of the keypad

I actually pressed buttons and it would beep/flash n stuff. I hadn’t installed any smart apps for it, so I didn’t know what to really try.

ok, I’ll double-check tonight. thanks!

Hey mine did not stop blinking until I installed the smart apps and started interacting with the keypad. Once it shows in ST as a thing it should be paired and you should be able to use it, regardless of the flashing. My flashing/blinking did not stop until I actually started make us of the apps and keypad.

ok, I’ll install the apps…should I just install all of them? sorry, noob here.

Whatever ones you’re going to use. I only installed the device handler and then the user lock manager. I didn’t use smart alarm.

This is pretty laughable, but I don’t even know what I want to do with it yet! I got a screaming deal at Lowe’s ($40 for an Iris keypad, two open/close sensors, and a motion detector with a free v2 Hub thrown in!)

That’s a great deal - and welcome to SmartThings. Watch out, you can quickly become addicted to automating things! :slight_smile:

A couple of tips for the keypad based on what I learned the hard way:

• Read everything carefully. All the answers are in this thread (most of them at the beginning)
  • Make sure you’re using the right repositories. I added 3 in the graph API, one for the DTH, one for the SmartAlarm, and one for the ULM.

As for “what can I do with this”, once it’s installed you’ll want the SmartApps to make it really useful.

• There’s the basic “3400-X Keypad Manager” SmartApp that lets you assign a single PIN code and associate routines for Arm/Away, Disarm, and Arm/Stay. I removed it once I had the more advanced SmartApps installed.

• The User Lock Manager (ULM) SmartApp lets you add codes for 1 or more users. Make sure you add the keypad as both a lock and keypad in the app. This also gives you the ability to do more advanced things like 1 time access codes, scheduled access based on a calendar and/or time of day, and exit/entry delays.

• The SmartAlarm lets you add chimes, custom zones, and arm/disarm based on modes. Think of this as a more advanced Smart Home Monitor. It can be used to enhance Smart Home Monitor (e.g. with chimes on entry/exit) or replace it, if you wish.

What got me confused when initially setting up the SmartApps is that there’s overlap between them, e.g. for notifications, arming/disarming, and entry/exit delays. You don’t need to set them in each SmartApp; in fact, if you do, things probably won’t behave the way you think they will. What I did was pick the functionality from each SmartApp that I wanted (based on flexibility) and left the overlapped functionality in the other SmartApps off/disabled. You’ll probably have to play around with it a bit to get it tuned to your liking (and understand how each SmartApp works with the other) but that’s part of the fun!

3 Likes

My smartthings app keeps saying my keypad is just a “thing” and continuesly says please wait. Could you help me fix this please? Would love to be able to use the keypad.

Go into the IDE and change it to the DHT you installed from the first post.

Could you give a little more detail? I’m sorry I’m still fairly new to all of this. Just got my hub and devices yesterday. I just have the basic idea down on how all this works.