SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

dth_security
smartapp_security
(Jeremy) #801

I have this keypad but have not used it yet. I got it in a security pack that was on clearance for $38. What kinds of things can I do with this keypad? Looks like motion detection and then the buttons. Can the buttons be used like a remote? Anyway, I’m curious what it can be used for and it looks like there are a lot of smart people in this thread.

(Arn B) #802

Assuming it is an Iris V2 or V3, or Centralite/Xfinity

With my smartapp SHM Delay V2.0 you can use it to arm and disarm SHM and create exit and entry delays. I think it’s about useless for a motion detector since you need to get within a few inches to trigger it, but better than nothing. Its main hardware purpose is to turn on the keypad’s lights. I also use pins to perform functions like turn on/off lights, open garage doors, execute a WebCore Piston etc

The keypad hardware pairing and SHM Delay smartapp both have substantial learning curves, so take your time.

1 Like

Couple of questions for you all; I’ve been using the Iris v2 keypad for quite a while:

• Does anyone understand the beeps produced by the keypad when changing alarm modes? I always hear a bunch of different tones, but they seem random and inconsistent. Sometimes mutiple tones play one after another when I switch modes.

• I have been playing around with device handlers and all of a sudden I get no “exit delay” tones. Happened to me last night, then all of a sudden they were back. Now it’s silent on exit delay again. Anything to look for?

Thanks!

(Dave Dolphin) #804

I’m one of the unfortunate people that’s having to migrate from Iris to SmartThings. I’m trying to pair an Iris v2 keypad with a SmartThings v3 hub. I can get stage 1 of the pairing to work just fine (where it adds the device, reports motion and temp, etc.) but I can’t for the life of me get the second stage of the pairing to work where it’s a part of the alarm system and the green light on the keypad stops flashing. I’ve removed and reinstalled the device handler, I’ve left the device blinking for over 48 hours next to the hub, I’ve replaced the batteries, I’ve power-cycled the hub, I’ve tried the “tap 5 times” trick. I’m wondering if the v3 hub is the problem. Anyone have any insight?

(Arn B) #805

This info was posted on theSHM Delay thread. You must be using the ST “Classic” app and have this DTH or Rboys (requires payment) DTH installed. Please post your results.

@arnb
The only difference I’m seeing is that I’ve got a v2 hub instead of @davedolphinok’s v3. The complete process of pairing that worked for me can also be found here: [Release] SHM Delay Version 2.0

(Dave Dolphin) #807

@arnb and @kroet, thanks for the quick replies! I tried entering in a random 4-digital code and pressing “arm.” The green radio light on the keypad is a solid green now, so I’m assuming it’s paired. However, I don’t see any difference in the app yet (when you tap into the device on the classic app, it’s blank where it’s supposed to show “off/arm/etc” and it’s also blank where it’s supposed to say the last update date and none of the tiles seem to work). But my goal is to set up SHM Delay now that the keypad seems paired. I’m guessing the app will respond as expected once SHM Delay is set up properly. Thanks again!

1 Like
(Arn B) #808

I’m confused, what is the app?

As long as it turns off with the rest of the keypad lights all is well.

(Dave Dolphin) #809

@arnb The “app” is just the SmartThings app on my iPhone. I’ll attach a screenshot on the keypad screen where it still shows blanks. I have SHM Delay installed but not configured yet. I wanted to get the keypad paired first.

Yes, the green radio light does turn off with the rest of the keypad lights. When you wave your hand, all the lights come on including the green radio light.

(Arn B) #810

Ok got it.

Yes, the keypad arm status and date time of last update should appear after setting up SHM Delay then arming/disarming the system.

(Ed Hall) #811

That worked for me today

(Doug Martin) #812

Are the files at the top of this thread from 2016 still valid? I have a IRIS Keypad I need to set up with a device handler and a delay utility of some sort. Thanks for any help !

(Steve Jackson, USA, Shard 1) #813

Yes they are. But only if your using the CLASSIC Smartthings app.

(Robert) #814

Hello,

I’ve been able to install the device handler, Lock User Management and SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions. I have the delays set at 30 seconds. The IRIS keypad works fine except that when turning the Alarm Away off from the keypad I get an instant alarm response. Is there anyway to disable the motion sensor so it doesn’t trigger an alarm?

(Arn B) #815

Yes, in the Delay Profile set motion sensors for this question, then remove the sensors from SHM monitoring.

(Optional!) Ignore these Motion Sensors during exit delay, and when the Real Contact Sensor opens during entry delay. These sensors are monitored in Alarm State: Away (Remove from SmartHome Security Armed (Away) Monitoring)"

(Robert) #816

Thank you!

(Robert) #817

Arnb,

Thank you for your help. I’m afraid that I am going to need “progressive taxi instructions”.

The names used do not include Delay Profile or Motion Sensors. The Iris 3405-L Keypad shows up as a lock. I went into SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions for Armed (Away) Armed (Stay) and Disarmed. The alarm pretty much sounded anytime I walked close to the Keypad or opened a door, even if the Smart Home Monitor was set to disarmed. I’m setting it back to what I had as at least Armed (Stay) worked. I could really use some help here. Thank you!

(Arn B) #818

These answers assume the Classic phone app is being used. Also please post followup questions in the SHM Delay 2.0 thread.

Should you be using Ethayer’s Lock Manager it cannot be used with the current version of SHM Delay for Keypad control. If you are using Rboys Lock Manager for the keypad, I’m unable to assist.

• Install the suggested keypad DTH then, go into the IDE, click on the keypad device, edit, select the Centralite Keypad DTH, then save. The DTH link along with additional instructions are found in Section 15 of the SHM Delay 2.0 documentation The keypad may complete pairing with the hub when this is accomplished. If not you may need to remove and re pair it with the hub. The keypad will not function with your current DTH
  • That is bizzare! :scream:

• Please verify Smart Home Monitor settings for home is unoccupied, and home is occupied as follows:

1. Use every open/close sensor (and motion sensor / but use no motion) is off!
    2. The door contact sensor defined in the delay profile is not in the Select Sensors list.
    3. The simulated contact sensor in the delay profile is defined in the Select Sensors list
    4. The keypad is not in the Motion Sensors list
    5. Should a motion sensor be defined in a delay profile it is not defined in the Motion Sensors list.
  • After completing these changes, retry your system by following the instructions in the SHM Delay 2.0 documentation

1 Like
(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #819

Yes that’s correct, The Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock DTH is a dual role Keypad + Lock DTH. This allows you to use it with other Lock/User Management SmartApps like LUM, RLA, SmartLocks etc AND also use it with keypad specific apps like SHM Delay 2.0.
If you’re using the Classic ST app you’ll be able to see all the button/tiles for the Keypad + Lock, but if you’re using the new ST app, currently it will only show you the Lock buttons and battery but the functionality is not impaired in any way.

(Erica) #820

This link is no longer valid. I was trying to reinstall my keypads. Do you recall how to do a Factory reset?

https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/Article/542/Next-Gen-Iris-Security-Keypad-with-Next-Gen 84