[OBSOLETE] Lowes Iris and XFinity CentraLite keypad DTH + Apps

You can PM me the event logs from the keypad, and from the siren (Or some other device that’s triggered by the alarm), I’ll take a look and see if there’s anything interesting there. I’m not sure what’s going on, it sounds like there’s some link that’s missing.

If you can also send a trace from live logging during an arm and a disarm attempt from the keypad, I might be able to get a better idea of what’s going on.

After more than a month of my keypad not working, I installed the above DTH and Apps and my keypad is now working. I followed the above directions step by step twice. Both times my keypad did not initially work. After letting it sit for a couple hours while I ate dinner, it somehow began working. Just a thought if anyone attempts this and it does not immediately work. Big thanks for Zcorneli for his patience and help with making this possible.

2 Likes

since updating to the new dth and apps, the keypad doesnt go into entrydelay mode when I come home. If I enter soon after arming the keypad it works, but after an 8hr work day it does not. Not sure if its the new apps or not, I didn’t have this problem until the update

My keypad worked for a couple days but no longer will accept codes now. The lights just cycle at the bottom again and it will not change the mode.

1 Like

Update - Working the next morning.

1 Like

@Zevans08 and @Neight:

I’ve also had some issues the past few days with SmartAlarm not fully arming (It would give me the “Arming in 30 seconds” message, but never actually arm). As of now, things appear to be working right, but that doesn’t mean much if they don’t stay that way.

This looks like it’s related to the various SmartThings scheduling issues, including RunIn() jobs not being scheduled at all:

Hopefully ST Support can get things fixed up, so we’ll stop seeing issues, and get back to normal.

1 Like

Since my post I haven’t had any issues. I’m hoping that is was all caused by the scheduling issue. Which seems to be getting resolved.

My keypad has been working intermittently. Two days ago, it would not allow me to turn off the alarm when I woke up for work. Then today, it wouldn’t allow my wife to arm the alarm when she left, but worked fine for me when I got home a few hours later.

I wonder if sometimes it gets “overloaded” for example if I open my door and start typing in the code before it has a chance to go to entrydelay mode. Perhaps it is detecting the door being opened, motion, and input in to short of a time frame.

Not sure, I know one of the times mine did not work, I simply waved my hand and the lights at the bottom were cycling. It received no other input other than the motion sensor on the keypad.

Smartthings is claiming the scheduled job issues are fixed. How’s everything been running the last few days?

–Zack

Here’s an example of how things have been for me. This scheduled app runs just after midnight every night, and on the 1st day of the month it resets a meter. As you can see, the scheduler did not run on the 1st… September saw more hiccups leading into October, but at least the last week it has been working as designed.

1 Like

Thats a strikingly useful table. Glad to see its been back to normal the past few days.

–Zack

Things have been great…I might be able to attribute part of my earlier issue to a low/dead battery in my garage motion sensor. But it’s arming when I tell it to, going into delays at the proper time and disarms appropriately.

I guess my only complaint would deal with the “chime” function. I didn’t originally plan on using it because my keypad is in my basement which is where we always enter and exit so I would never hear the chime when we are in our upstairs. However I found that it does serve as a good reminder to arm the keypad (I have it set to chime when I open the door to my garage which is located right next to the key pad). Typically when I open the door the chime doesn’t go off for about 5 seconds and depending on how much of a hurry i’m in, I could have the door closed and be in my car before it chimes. Probably not much if anything that can be done…everything has it’s limitations.

But in all this keypad and the apps surpass my expectations. Thank you for all the work put into this

I’m trying to work on getting the chime more consistent (Even if I can’t make it faster, make it consistently X seconds). The keypads state they support the power control protocol, so I might be able to put them into a slightly faster polling cycle (Right now it seems they ‘wake up’ every 7 seconds or so)

–Zack

I guess that feature needs to be weighed against the reduction in battery life…as of now what is the expected battery life?

They claim (I can’t find where now) 2 year battery life. I don’t think the radio makes up a large portion of that, so it should be OK to wake up the radio a bit more, if I can figure out how.

–Zack

Mine has been working stops working every couple days for a few hours. The lights cycle at the bottom and no input is accepted. Is this from the scheduling or something else?

-Looking at my event list, my keypad stopped sending info to the hub after 616 when I got home and disarmed the system. At 1046, I attempted to arm the system and the lights at the bottom were cycling and no commands were sent to the hub. However, when I removed the keypad from the wall and walked it closer to the hub to see if it was a range issue and the lights were still cycling but the event log showed info from the tamper switch was received.

-At 1153, the keypad started updating the temperature again then this morning at 6am it was showing the correct mode again and functioning properly.

Hi, I’m new and having a consistent problem with trying to connect the IRIS + ULM + SA. I keep getting this error in the logs while using ULM:

c98ccd0a-93bf-414d-9705-837cdaaa3169 5:44:21 PM: error  java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+null @ line 228
c98ccd0a-93bf-414d-9705-837cdaaa3169 5:44:21 PM: trace Arm mode: entryDelay
c98ccd0a-93bf-414d-9705-837cdaaa3169 5:44:21 PM: debug Sending status to device...

To get this, I click on Lock Info -> Refresh Lock Data

I have un-paired and re-paired several times and waited several minutes for the system to update and ULM and the keypad to fully connect. Right now I’m just trying to get ULM to work with SHM. I looked at line 228 in the ULM source code and it seems to be a “}” so I’m at a loss (Did I mention, I’m new here?)

There was another post in the old thread about this but I’m not sure what happened with the poster…I don’t think they were explaining it correctly.

Note: I was using SA and the keypad smartapp from early on in the old thread and it worked well enough. The lack of audible feedback was difficult for my family. My goal is to use this solution to get the audible beeps with Entry/Exit Delays in SA.

Greg

I’m having somewhat of a hard time understanding which smart apps you are attempting to use. However, I use as the newest apps mentioned at the top of the post and do not use smart home monitor. I have no issues whatsoever, everything works as it should.