[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Hi RBoy,

Just tracking the history on the iCal integration for Airbnb etc.

Is this functionality still a possibility ?

Many thanks

On a related note - Is there any potential for every other week as a scheduling option? I have someone come by every other week, and would love to schedule their code to only work then.

Iā€™m having an issue where every 5 minutes the app is trying to set a code on my Yale lock, and then responds with ā€œFront Door Lock code 1 is not setā€

When I setup the lock initially I manually setup a code. Then I added the lock in smartthings and used rboyā€™s app to setup additional codes, and notifications.

Eventually I wanted notifications for the code I manually setup in rboys app, so I added that code in rboys app, and the notifications started working.

Notifications and actions configured in the rboy app work, but the app keeps trying to set the code. How do I get the app to stop trying to ā€œsetCodeā€ for a code that already works?

Iā€™d rather not have to reconfigure all the lock codes and actions if there is any alternative.

I ran into the exact same thing. I had to remove all manually set lock codes in the lock (mine was Schlage) and the app, then re-add them all in the app. Sorry, but I struggled on that for a few days. That was the only thing that worked.

This is typically caused by a weak mesh (without getting into technical details), long term solution is to add a repeater within about 20-30ft of the lock for best performance and battery life.

A quick solution to your issue without running the Clear Codes procedure is to clear that slot in the SmartApp (i.e. leave the code blank) that the lock is isnā€™t responding to (in your case slot 1), click Done/Save. Give it some time to clear the lock database and then reprogram the slot through the SmartApp.

Now all features are compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers

Door Lock Code Multi User Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 06.01.00

• Report user name to Smart Locks app
  • Prompt user with the maximum number of slots available for programming
  • Show acceptable code length and prompt if there is a conflict in number of digits accepted when programming multiple locks

Lock User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:

• Unlimited users and locks
  • Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
  • Easy and intuitive setup
  • Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock AND Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Turning on lights if itā€™s dark outside
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when itā€™s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if itā€™s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • Multiple types of users such as permanent, one time, expiration (start and end date/time), scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user, presence based, mode based and many more
  • Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
  • and lots moreā€¦

IMG_1098

Some examples of how folks are using this app:

1. I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when Iā€™m at home (presence based users)
  2. When my children are at home and the parents arenā€™t home, then allow the babysitterā€™s code to work (presence based users)
  3. When weā€™re away, allow my neighborā€™s code to work (mode based users)
  4. I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
  5. I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests

NOTE: If you are using the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler then you will need to update the device handler to version 04.00.00 or newer.

Copyright Ā© RBoy Apps

1 Like

Hi There,

After installing v6.0.1 and updating the device type handler to 4.0, when I tap on the Lock Manager SmartApp it doesnā€™t do anything - meaning the settings screens donā€™t come up, nothing happens. Is this normal?

Same hereā€¦
log shows this when I Rey and open settings on my phone

Clear

14:57:40: error org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ā€˜nullā€™ with class ā€˜nullā€™ to class ā€˜intā€™. Try ā€˜java.lang.Integerā€™ instead

Still operates from switches etc though - just th

I tracked mine down to a bad Schlage Connect lock.

A little background - I bought two Schlage Connects a year or so ago, and one of them would drain the battery pack in a month while the other was still on the first set of batteries after a year.

I called Schlage, and they had me give them the firmware number on the lock that awas draining batteries, and told me it was a known issue with that firmware so they would send me a new lock free of charge. They said I didnā€™t have to return the malfunctioning lock, just keep it for parts.

Long story short, I installed that lock on the back door in our kitchen since I had it laying around and that door isnā€™t used much, so no big deal if the battery drains since it wouldnā€™t be doing much motorized operations anyway.

Once I took that lock out the lock manager version 6.0.1 worked fine. There were a couple of avenues I tried to confirm it was indeed that lock, so thereā€™s a number of techniques you could try to get the lock manager working again:

1. Downgrade the lock manager smartapp to a previous version (this worked for me since I kept a copy of the old code) and then remove the lock having a problem, then upgrade the smartapp.

2. Or you can delete the smartapp from the IDE, add it back (with 6.0.1 code), publish and install, and then add one lock at a time. For me, when I added the bad lock to the SmartApp it jumped to an error screen and wouldnā€™t save. It would allow me to go back and remove the problem lock. Once I narrowed down what lock was causing the problem I added all the other locks and it was fine. So I ordered a new lock to replace the old one.

3. Exclude the bad lock (if you know which one it is), acknowledge the warnings that it will affect various smartapps and routines depending on your setup, and the lock manager app will work.

So at least in my case it appears that a bad lock was causing my issues. Everything is working here and I have a new lock on the way. Hope this makes sense, let me know if any question I can help answer.

1 Like

If youā€™re using the Enhanced ZWave lock device handler you have to upgrade to version 04.00.00 and click on Refresh or Configure and Save in your device page for the changes to take effect. Please see the post on the enhanced device handlers page.

EDIT: Updated the app to continue support for the old device handlers and avoid this error (version 06.01.01)

If i switch from your device handler to stock will everything still work?

Hi, Thank you for fixing the Audio On/Off now its fixed.

The Code Entry On/OFF still doesnā€™t do anything for my Yale keyfree. I couldnā€™t turn off the keypad entry.

Thanks

Thatā€™s a function of the device handler. Likely your lock model doesnā€™t support privacy mode.

If you want you can PM me or email our support the logs from your IDE Live Logging when you toggle the tile and we can take a look at it.

Hi,
Iā€™m trying to install the User Unlock/Lock Door Notification and actions smartapp with my Yale conexis L1. Itā€™s using the version 4 universal enhanced zwave device handler, When i try to add the smart app i am able to select the lock, however the next screen is blank other than the text ā€œuser door unlock/lock notifications and actions v04.00.02ā€ and when i press next again i get an ā€œerror saving unnamed page. please contact smartapp developerā€. Iā€™ve checked the logs and get these messages:

acfc42b0-8e51-4589-83c9-0d9821f41825 ā€Ž19ā€Ž:ā€Ž23ā€Ž:ā€Ž24: error org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ā€˜nullā€™ with class ā€˜nullā€™ to class ā€˜intā€™. Try ā€˜java.lang.Integerā€™ instead
acfc42b0-8e51-4589-83c9-0d9821f41825 ā€Ž19ā€Ž:ā€Ž23ā€Ž:ā€Ž24: trace [detailedNotifications:false, disableAllNotify:false, disableUpdateNotifications:false, locks:[Front Door Yale Conexis L1]]
acfc42b0-8e51-4589-83c9-0d9821f41825 ā€Ž19ā€Ž:ā€Ž23ā€Ž:ā€Ž21: trace [:]

grateful for any ideas on how to resolve this.

thanks

This error is caused because your v4 device handler hasnā€™t initialized itself, after installing it you need to click on the configure (gear) button and then click Save to initialize the device handler.

Anyways, weā€™ve put a patch to ignore this error in version 06.01.01 of the SmartApp. You can reinitialize your device handler (which is anyways required to use all itā€™s features) or update to the latest version of the SmartApp.

1 Like

Seeing odd issue with the latest DH (v 04.00.00) update.

After installing, phone shows correct app and DH versions but then the Device Events List on the IDE keeps reporting and toggling between 03.05.01 and 04.00.00 every 4 minutes. Why would it do that ?

Sounds like the platform is caching the old code and seems to be switching between running it and the new code. Usually fixes itself or you can try to switch the DHā€™s and then revert it or republish it, idea being to force the platform to purge itā€™s cache. If it continues to happen let ST support know so they can investigate it.

1 Like

After 5 hrs of it toggling between the two versions, it stabilised ā€¦ but at v 03.05.01 ! Iā€™ll try to republish v 4, failing that will contact ST support. Thanks.

UPDATE : Republished ver 04.00.00 and been stable for last 20 mins. Looks sorted.

2 Likes

iā€™m getting a lot of repeated commands to set lock codes using the default device handler. Like every 5 minutes.

just to follow up on this, i had already initialized the device handler, though i tried again and still have the same issue. one thing to note is as iā€™m using a Yale Conexis L1 i need to use the smartapp that imports existing users rather than the one that lets you register them in smartapps. I tried the full version and that actually works without error but obviously isnā€™t usable with my lock. I noticed that although there is a new version of the full smartapp that was released yesterday with the bug fix you mentioned, the other smartapp is still dated from a few days ago.

Grateful for any assistance.

thanks