[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

:)) good one. Did not see this one coming love it.
Yes that would be the best way is to run it through a routine or use CoRE to unlock it when the steel door is unlocked and vice versa. Lock it when the steel door is locked. Stay safe.

With the Schlage Connect, can you change the 30-second auto-lock default to something else?

Unfortunately no, Schlage doesn’t allow that setting to be changed. You could add a door contact though and have it trigger the lockset based on when you close the door instead. I just live with the 30 seconds because my ST hub wasn’t reliable enough with closing the lock every time. I preferred to know it was always locking.

2 Likes

I don’t have a Schlage lock, but on my Kwikset lock, there is a dip-switch that enables/disables the internal auto-lock function. I disabled the dip-switch and use a CoRE Piston to lock the door if the lock remains unlocked for 5 minutes:

This setup has never failed. But just in case, I also have a second Piston that checks to see if the door is locked every night just before bedtime and if it’s not, it sends a lock command. In 8 months, this backup Piston has never needed to be executed - but it’s there just in case.

2 Likes

I’ve also got a different one and I’m hoping it wouldn’t be too hard. I would love if it was possible to automatically run a routine on a lock press on the outside if only one phone was home. So that I didn’t have to wait for the house to be in away mode.

just curious
 why do you need to wait for AWAY?

The way I set my house to away mode now is “Automatically when everyone leaves” So with my built in delay and me having to leave my geofence it takes a little bit for the house to actually go into away mode via the goodbye routine. If I could attach a condition to the key lock press then it would be instantaneous.

1 Like

In the next release we’ll be proving an option to select to only run the routines if specific list of people aren’t present. I’m guessing that would address your use case.

1 Like

100% That is awesome. Thank you so much. Even happier I got my lifetime now.

1 Like

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 05.04.00

• Added support for reporting unknown users and running actions for master codes/users
  • Added ability to NOT run door lock/unlock action when specified users are present or when in certain modes
  • Reduce notifications verbosity for lock/unlock actions, enable detailed notifications to restore verbosity

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.2.0 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

1 Like

Closing the loop, both these features are possible now. You can have upto 3 schedules per user.

Why does the app check on the health of the cloud? What is gained? If the cloud goes down doesn’t the app go down?

It’s not checking the health of the cloud, it’s checking the health of the SmartApp state and doing housekeeping activites (like maintaining user schedules, checking for pending actions, updates etc). Keeping the users on schedule and stable/reliable is extremely important, hence the regular health check.

Thanks for the reply

@RBoy

Enhancement request:
For the Lock Single User Code Management smartApp.

I use the feature to set a quick code for a friend to help with pets, I like the expire date/time feature
However When the code is used, I have no way of knowing.

Could you add the ability to enable a PUSH Notification to be sent for the code/slot was used, that either displays a custom message or the defined App Message? Would also be nice if a name could be assigned/aliased to the slot.

When I test the code entered
 It will say “Front Door was unlocked by Unknown User from Slot 3 via keypad”.
If I could name Slot 3 as “Maid”, that would be helpful to other people in the household that are not accustom to using ST’s and do not really understand what “Slot 3” means.

Its already there, just enable the notify option against each user slot.

Im assuming that you aren’t programming the lock manually and that ALL programming is done through the SmartApp. If so, then this a bug with your lock, it isn’t reporting the user slot number used to unlock the door.

Mine is saying the same unknown user from slot 2, but there is a name in there.

So you’re getting a slot number but the name isn’t showing up, is that correct? If so please PM me your IDE Live logs to check out.

EDIT: Are you on the latest version of the SmartApp?

for others to see and compare against

Using the “Lock single user code management” smartApp

However if I used the “Lock multi user code management with notifications and automatic relock” smartApp, then I would see the username because it is a field inputed in the preferences

1 Like

That’s correct since the Single User Management SmartApp doesn’t keep track of users (it’s a one shot programming app with no memory) it doesn’t know which “user” has operated the lock, just the slot number. Where as the Multi User Management has a “memory” and retains the list (plus a ton of other things) it does display the username.