[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

I’m using the latest version of the app and it is fine, at least as far as expiring codes. I do not use the code activation date time feature, only the expire date / time. This is for a rental property, and I only care that the code expires correctly, which it does.

There was a bug introduced in 5.2 that caused codes not to work if you’re selecting specific locks, but @RBoy fixed the issue in 5.2.5.

If you’re using the activation date/time, you should try leaving that blank and only setting the expire time. That works fine, but could isolate a problem if there is one.

2 Likes

Thanks Geoff, I hadn’t thought of trying that. It actually is a decent workaround to this bug. Cheers.

Investigating and thanks for staying on this, @gjanes.

EDIT: Okay we were finally able to reproduce it and are fixing it.

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.2.6a

• Fix for expire/schedule start time may not work for some users
  • Added ability for uses to click on the arrow on the SmartApp page to force the app to check the lock for updates

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.0.1 or newer for full SmartApp functionality

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

Set the hub Location (i.e timezone) for scheduled/expiry codes to work correctly, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

I updated the smart app and device handler to the latest. But after updating, user code 1 was deleted and I could not open the lock. Its not possible to program the codes anymore. code no 2 was still working but not able to program. Also when I unlocked with code 2, the notification said that code 1 was used. I have deleted the app and had to use “Basic Lock User Management (one-off)” to program the codes. This worked just fine, I also installed “User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions” but it does not give me any notification when unlocked, even if its turned on in the app. This error is in the logs:

45fbc4a5-0f1c-4bfd-bd7f-fa66b830e00f 14.52.47 CEST: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘eaf3c861-343a-44e3-81a6-8e94cafd2442’ on null object @ line 714

The lock I have is the ID Lock

EDIT: You’re posting on the wrong thread, this issue is with another app you’re using and not this one.

1 Like

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.2.8

• Added ability to check for smart app and device handler updates and notify the user
  • Added ability to detect invalid pin codes being entered and notify the user

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.1.1 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

After installing this code update, please (in this order):
1. Update the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler to version 3.1.1 (required for automatic update notifications)
2. Open the lock device page on the ST phone app and click on Refresh
3. Open the SmartApp and click Next and then Done for the changes to take effect

Does your other Schlage SmartApp (Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor) interfere with this app? I’d like to get notifications if the door alarm is triggered on my Schlage locks.

Thanks!
-Jason

Just updated to 5.2.8 and have error messages "code length does not match programming length, programming will fail"
Requires Null Digits for lock.
This is after a year of running and updating with no problems.

FWIW, I had the same error as @dshetron. Running a Schlage FE/BE469, with latest SmartApp and Device Handler. I was getting a null return for the ‘pinlength’. Through the SmartApp, under the user management slots was the message “CODE LENGTH NEEDS TO BE null DIGITS, PROGRAMMING WILL FAIL!”

What I had to do to fix was, through the IDE simulator, install the updated DH on the lock. After that, the ‘pinlength’ was coming back at the correct value, everything updated correctly. This also removed the message on the SmartApp management slots.

I really like the addition of the code length to the smart app… would be nice if it can be dynamically changed like can be done through Wink for these locks.

That’s because you didn’t follow the instructions. Read the instructions again. You need to use the latest DH and click on refresh after installing it. You didn’t click Refresh so it’s reporting the pinLength as null. Once you click refresh it will fix itself.

No it wont’ interfere, these two SmartApps work independent of each other with no overlap. The notifications will come even if you don’t use the Schlage app (the DH sends those as a motion sensor event). The Schlage SmartApp is used to dynamically change the sensitivity and alarm level on the lock based on modes etc (see the other thread for details).

1 Like

Changing the code remotely isn’t supported by most locks (currently on Schlage) but that can have disastrous effects hence that feature has not been implemented. However the support to read the pin length has been implemented to avoid problems where users forget that they changed the pin length on the lock and then tried to program it using the old codes with the wrong length.

Thanks RBoy, I installed the latest version and the ‘Expire On’ bug is finally fixed for me. Three cheers for taking care of that!

1 Like

When I hit done in final step, it said “an unexpected error occurred”, what can i do ?

Wait for a while till the platform stabilizes. It’s probably timing out/running slow. Just checked it’s working fine here so it’s probably your platform instance having performance issues.

so it’s a problem of my phone? Or server?

Server…

Still does not work…

PM me your live logs when you’re entering the settings and hitting done. I hope you’re on the latest version.