[RELEASE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Check live logs to see if the lock is responding with a confirmed message.
Try power cycling the hub and repairing the z wave network

1 Like

Looks like it only partially succeeded pairing with the hub while in place. I removed it and paired it again, this time letting sit beside the Hub while I programmed codes and such.

I’m going to try the detached garage one more time doing the same thing. I think it’s a good idea to let them sit after pairing for a bit as there seems to be quite a bit of programming still to do after the initial pairing.

Can’t you kinda do this already? Not directly, but through smartthings and this code.

If you created a simulated switch in smartthings. Called user A unlocked door. Then in lock code under that specific user tell it to turn on that switch. Then in CoRe use the user A virtual switch “now on” as a condition in your piston?

I’m new to core still learning the basics. I did have the virtual switch idea before in my system for something else.

Just tossing that out as an option till the path can be more direct.

2 Likes

Anyone else having issues with the auto-lock on closed door feature @RBoy? I’ve tried reinstalling the app, no dice, and also ensure the app is subscribed to the open/close sensor…

Power cycle your hub and repair the z-wave network.

Did a hub cycle but it didn’t help. I could see the users getting sent once it was rebooted. When I got home I noticed the lock had and orange light on it indicating low battery. The ‘thing’ using your device handler had 90% showing for battery. Seems nothing in the zwave world is accurate on batteries levels. Replaced batteries and the code got sent successfully. Wondering if an ack comes back from the lock or it is just assumed. I can send you logs if interested. Maybe if no ack then send alert.

Lock works perfectly otherwise.

I think it might be related to the code that attempts to verify if the lock’s native auto lock feature is enabled. It’s definitely not enabled on my lock. And the device notes that it isn’t, but when that feature was added to the app is the closest I can think that the relock stopped working.

Yea it looks for the ack and keep retrying until it gets one or you disable the retry feature in the settings.

No correlation. What you’re having trouble with is the platform or the communication between the lock and hub.

Maybe kickback message in ST after X errors, or somehow get battery low
sethings working. If it can’t communicate, you could suggest solutions
such as battery or hub restart.

11:27:41 PM: error groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for: java.util.Date(java.math.BigDecimal) b972e13d-9328-4483-aab5-be393cbae816 11:27:41 PM: trace Settings shortest pending time to 1199.957 seconds b972e13d-9328-4483-aab5-be393cbae816 11:27:41 PM: trace Front Door Lock has not reached the time limit of 20 minutes yet, 19.9992833333 minutes to go**strong text**

Thanks for sharing this. Will check it out.

EDIT: This could also explain the issue you’re running into. For now just reduce the auto lock timeout to a under 2 minutes, when using a larger number the groovy platform is automatically converting it to BigDecimal instead of Long which is causing the issue which in turn causes it not to schedule the function.

Simplest way is just comment out the line 1631 in the code and it should start working.

def runTime = new Date(now() + (seconds * 1000)) // for runOnce

Will be making a new release next week with along with an updatd DH to support additional features such as RFID cards etc so please bear with us until then.

1 Like

That is probably it. I have mine set to 20 minutes. Thanks!

What type of RFID support are you looking at adding? Any specific lock models?

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.0.0

• Fixed issue with Auto Relock and Auto Unlock not working for some users
  • Improved the reliability of Expire type codes
  • Added support for RFID card reporting
  • To use the advanced features (RFID, Lock based actions, Tamper Alarms) you require the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler version 3.0.0. All the rest of the functionality will continue to work with the Stock ST Z-Wave Device Handler.

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features) device handler version 3.0.0 or later for full SmartApp functionality

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.
2 Likes

@RBoy

Feature Request

Auto Lock Door after selected amount of time after unlocked but door not opened.

Club Steve Auto-lock has this feature which I am using. I have never been able to get the auto-lock to work in your app, which I now believe was due to my time selected was 5 minutes ( not under the 2 minutes as aforementioned ) but even still, I believe this feature request valuable.

What is the use case?

When I (or anyone) comes home we may want to auto-unlock a front door and a side or back door based on presence. We may use one door one time and another door another time depending on groceries or snow on our feet or raining or whatever.

The current setup auto-locks if the door has been opened and closed…but does not auto-lock the unused door. SmartThings offerings did much of the same but I never understood the reasoning.

If auto-lock is selected natively on the lock it auto-locks no matter what. When I think of auto-lock this is what I wish to happen. Auto-lock the door regardless of use.

1 Like

So if I get this right you want the timer to start when the door unlocks. If it’s unopened within that timeout it locks itself again. If the door is opened in between then the timer will reset and start over.

Correct! :slight_smile:

I forgot to say PLEASE!..kinda rude huh? My apologies.

@RBoy

This may be a shot in the dark but…

Also, I have another scenario for your consideration…

Auto-lock override per door.

Use Case:

I have a detached garage that I go back and forth from house to when I’m tinkering.

I would love to be able to have auto-lock on a door of my choice with an override switch or lock.

If the garage door is unlocked I can trigger a virtual switch or even set a variable (I do this now) that will override the auto-lock feature.

Make sense?

1 Like

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.1.0

• Enhanced Auto ReLock to relock the door it hasn’t been opened for the configured time

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features) device handler version 3.0.0 or later for full SmartApp functionality

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

@Drewbert34 the ReLock and Unlock actions are all per door actions since a few versions ago.

1 Like