[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Yes but it all depends upon how your app has been configured.

So, how would someone configure the app to account for this then?

Does anyone know if this smart app works with the Kwikset 916?

Yes it works with any z wave lock. For now z wave since ST zigbee locks don’t support remote programming

Since Friday last week, one of my scheduled codes does not set anymore. I tried reentering it in the app but it doesn’t work
 also - in the “recently” part of the device handler it explicitly says Front Door Lock Manager: Front door lock code 2 is not set. So it knows that it isn’t setting it
 but it does not explain why

This probably explains it. Delete your codes and complete the programming as empty slots and then start over with your codes afresh.

Also makes sure that re verification is enabled

Ok 
 will do

@RBoy nice app, I really like the fact that it’s using the stock handler. One less code to be maintained, plus enables Smart Lighting instances triggered by locks to run locally. Feature request, can you add motion sensor as an option to the auto-lock feature?

1 Like

Can you elaborate what you mean by adding the motion sensor to the auto lock feature

I don’t have a contact on the door in ST, but I have motion sensors in front of my entries. I could use the relock door when motion stops (after x minutes) and the door is unlocked, instead of when the contact is closed and door is unlocked.

1 Like

To that point
why couldn’t the doors internal motion sensors be used?..maybe not sensitive enough?

What internal motion sensors? Are you thinking of acceleration?

My bad
that’s it.

Yes but that’s not a usual cause, the point of the door sensor is also to ensure the door is closed before it’s locked to prevent the deadbolt from damaging the door.

You can always do this using CoRE or RuleMachine.

1 Like

Or routines or custom app, no biggie, I already have means of doing this, just thought someome else may benefit. I certainly understand this is an edge case

1 Like

Oh that can certainly be done. But if you already have a contact on that door, it’s easier to use the open/close. Youncan use the lock on knock too, if you want to make use of the accelerometer. Just don’t set it up as unlock on knock, that may pose a slight problem.

:)))) that would definitely be interesting, knock to open! Magic!

You laugh, but I believe Bruce accidentally did it, when he first installed the door knocker ages ago
I remember laughing my @$$ off
It cracks me every time I think about the door knocking idea.

1 Like

Didn’t know that! But seriously if you want to impress your guests it’s a neat trick or for your kids birthday party!

1 Like

Does anyone know what these events mean? They’re occurring every hour on some of my locks and I’m showing faster than normal battery depletion.

The locks are Kwikset 916’s