[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Looks like someone has spotted the elephant in the room.

I did alreadyā€¦

3 Likes

I kind of agree but its very sad that rboy naver made a statement to anything. That says alot about his character.

1 Like

Weā€™re working on the (second) replacement for the new platform. Unfortunately SmartThings didnā€™t deliver what they promised so we had to start over. The beta version was ready but it wasnā€™t stable enough to scale up due to issues with the ST API so itā€™s weā€™ve had to pivot and start over. Sorry folks but keep an eye out for an announcement when the new beta is ready.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update. Any timeline you can share?

Honestly I donā€™t want to promise something, weā€™ve already been burned once. I know itā€™s hurting everyone here and trust me when I say it hurts us the most because this has been our sweat, blood and livelihood for many years now.

4 Likes

Understand that, but are we talking weeks, months, years?

5 Likes

Well, thank you for finally responding & im not surprised one bit that samsung ā€œfā€ this up because i remember how samsung treated the developer of alexa speaks. Hopefully, you can get this out soon & i will not hold my breath that you have gotten assistance from samsung.

Anyplace we long-time users can donate to the interim work for you all?

5 Likes

Having made the jump to mostly Hubitat I wish things would work out to have your code over there.

I would agree @TribalDancer, I would love to help support the work being done as the app makes the world of difference over stock ST functionality. @RBoy any way we can donate to the cause?

2 Likes

Maybe just move to Hubitatā€¦

Meanwhile does anyone know how to read out the codes stored in the lock ?
I want to make a hard copy of them all as Iā€™m sure things may glitch and lose everything

1 Like

re: move to Hubitat
+1
Ditto
etc.

No way to query the lock for its codes. If you still have LUM installed, you can access it read only and see the codes you had programmed into the lock previously.

1 Like

Made very sad and tough decision to move to Hubitat after years of loyalty to Rboys and STs.

Am by no means a power user but after a full week of getting to grips with HE, their horrible UI, and tricky automation routines, Iā€™m relieved and pleased to have made the jump. Have replicated my pre-Jan ST setup, but it runs quicker and feels rock solid.

Rboys apps were excellent and an integral part of running our rental home and I thank him for that, Would happily have paid a monthly sub just to stick with current state. But their lack of any meaningful comms with paid-up, loyal customers over the past year and especially since end-Dec has been simply shocking, No amount of deflection to Samsung can excuse that,

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I, too, have been a long time RLA (rental lock automate) user and have explored Home Assistant as an alternative. Lots to like about it, but never found an integration that replicated RLA without being way too complicated.
I am interested in Hubitat, but havenā€™t located an integration on that platform that does RLA stuff. I would but a hubitat hub and play around with it if I had some confidence that it could do the RLA things that are most important to me:
1.Assign lock codes prior to check in/erase at checkout.
2.Allow me to see the existing codes in all the slots
3.change location modes (Vacant, occupied) based on checkin/checkout
4.control devices at checkin/checkout

I donā€™t expect hubitat apps (or whatever they are called) to be as good as RLA, but Iā€™d take a close approximation.

Would love to know what you were able to get hubitat to do at your rental.

2 Likes

Do you have any updates you can share?

1 Like

Conscious this is not a Hubitat (HE) thread, so will keep short. 1 Yes, 2 Yes (both through an HE app called Lock Code Manager), 3 Can easily set modes for Home & Away through Mode Manager app but may have to work up dedicated rules through Rule Machine if want more customised. 4 Yes, but again may have to do this through RM using lock code as trigger.

Rboys did the hard lifting on ST and is why his apps are so missed. To replicate functionality will take effort and time and the limited UI especially the HE mobile app takes some getting used to but doing something is liberating !

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to hear someone having success with another system for their rentals. Iā€™ve been waiting patiently for RBoy to get LUM working again, but we were just affected by Samsungā€™s latest screw-up where they deleted all our devices because of a ā€œbugā€. So I think itā€™s time to move on to something else. Hubitat sounds like it might work for us.