[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

With the end of September being the death date of groovy, what does that mean for the Lock User Management smart app?

2 Likes

I emailed Rboy support about this and there is a migration FAQ on their web page that gives some hope that the apps might survive.

1 Like

I am seeing Untitled (as shown) for the properties of my locks. I just updated to 05.03.03 of the device handler and 7.15.09 of the app and still have the issue. So I canā€™t tell which is the Autolock setting I wanted to turn off while I had a service person at the house.

While googling this issue I just became aware of the impending Groovy platform shutdown. But this post says nothing is being shut down until 9/30 so it shouldnā€™t be that, right?

Mine still works fine, shouldnā€™t be that mate

Are you on Android? If so the latest ST mobile app update changed the way labels are being presented, and it affects both DTHā€™s and Edge drivers. There is a workaround developers can do, but I know theyā€™re asking for ST to back out that change. Thereā€™s nothing you can you other than to wait for rboy to come up with an Edge driver, or go back to a stock ST driver for your lock.

Thanks Ben & John. My phone is Android, but I tried on an iPad as well w/same result.

Iā€™ve been looking at that Vs ST Vs Home Assistant.

Hubitat seems like an expensive start though given the 35 quid import charge.

Hi @RBoy - I just installed an ID-lock 150 and is super impressed by both the device handler and SmartApp you provide. Just wonder if it is a way to set a RFID-tag connected to a user in the app? It seems like it is only possible to set a code. Also, is it possible to combine code and RFID?

I am also considering buying a ISmartGate for my garage doors. ISmartGate seems to be supporting SmartThings - will it also be supported by your SmartApp?

You do realise Rboy app is going to stop working on the 29th September right? Or am I missing something here.

Not everyone has gotten the word that Groovy is going awayā€¦ :laughing:

RBoy has given us hope on their migration faq page: Rental Lock Automater (RLA) FAQ's and Tips

Hope itā€™s reliable.

1 Like

That page hasnā€™t been updated in months.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m afraid of, but I sent an email to support, and they pointed me to the FAQ page like something is in the works. I guess weā€™re gonna find out really soonā€¦

Yeah, silenceā€¦
Thatā€™s why I have a Hubitat on hand, just in case.
It controls my 3 Schlage locks just fine. Great community support also.
I can migrate the locks to start, and gradually drop SmartThings completely if they continue their current unsupportive path.

I just got an email from SmartThings that smart apps are going awayā€¦ this is the first Iā€™m hearing of this. If there are no plans to migrate to the new platform, is there any other solution to automate my Airbnb locks ??

I just started looking at Hubitat as an alternative. I have Schlage locks that I also like to control on my rentals, but I donā€™t see Schlage in the list of compatible devices.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got the Hubitat - testing it at home before I put it on my Airbnb apartment.
I have an older Schlage at home and it works ok with it.
Itā€™s a much less ā€˜developedā€™ interface and system, but has good community support.
I added a WiFi dongle to the Hubitat to gain wireless access. I believe the dongle cost less than $20, maybe about $11? I fergit.

Thatā€™s encouraging. We have Schlage locks but these donā€™t appear on Hubitatā€™s list of devices. Any further info you could give, such as function limitations, key differences to ST etc would be appreciated.

The lack of detailed info coming from the Rboys team at this late stage is worrying. FAQs havenā€™t changed in months, so need to start looking at alternatives.

1 Like

I too am jumping on the Hubitat wagon. After the numerous failures to connect to ST cloud this year Iā€™m looking forward to the local option. But the LUM is my only holdout and unless it gets ported or I find an acceptable alternative Iā€™m stuck. Iā€™m with Kevin though, this late in the game without updates causes more concern.

Schlage locks are supported by stock driver. Only Lock/Unlock capability. No settings.
User codes can be added with Smart Lock Guest Access app.
@Rboys Custom drivers with all settings are coming as he is transitioning his handlers to drivers.
Just be patient. He posted FAQ about transition on his website

1 Like