[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

I have idlock 150 and tried to write some codes to it. I first did the clear all codes thing. And that did even reset the mastercode to “123456”… But when trying with other codes it doesn’t work. They are green in LUM, but doesn’t work on the lock. I even tried factory reset the lock with no luck.

Any help?

With the IDLock you would want to start with using the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler. Thanks stock device handler doesn’t always work with IDLock. If it’s showing up as green that means the lock has successfully programmed the code. If it still doesn’t work it’s a local lock issue. I just checked and it’s working here. This lock has a finicky keys and they don’t always register when you press them the first time so wait for the beep to ensure it registers when you press the key. The other thing to look for is to ensure that the privacy/vacation mode is disabled on the lock as those features block the user codes from operating the lock when enabled (even if successfully programmed).

1 Like

I can’t find options for privacy/vacation mode in the manual… The only thing is the away mode that we literally never uses. And that is automatically deactivated when unlocking the door.

So what should I do? Could it be the zwave module that’s too old?

Got this for a Yale Conexis L1… Love it, works well and to have the ability to set timers for auto lock or even switch off is a dream, tied up with Smartthings and Sharptools dashboard works so well, nicely done.

1 Like

tagging @RBoy

Hi,

I’m wondering if the @RBoy apps will work when we switch to edge?

Not sure if that’s quite the same question.

Thanks

LUM and RBoys other lock projects work with any device that exposes the right capabilities so Edge itself should not be an issue (ok the device handlers RBoy supports will need to be rewritten as edge drivers, but thats a different problem.)

The plans for LUM itself though. When Groovy goes away, no more LUM. Unless RBoy and team create a new smartapp to replace it. (im pretty sure they’re already planning behind the scenes). I for one am very interested in what THAT looks like and if they’ve made a decision on future direction yet.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Hard to know what to go with at the moment and still no direction from ST as to when the change will be.

Most of us are assuming within 8-12 months. Id consider it imminent at this point.

I had to leave the platform due to the ridiculousness around the 200 devices ll limit but before i moved i was already dumping anything based on groovy as fast as i could find replacements. I had expected LUM to be my last holdout besides webcore.

But @RBoy - if i were still on the platform… Id DEFINITELY be beating the doors down for the plan at this point. It may not be done but it’s time to make plans.

2 Likes

@nathancu what platform are you on now?

Hi there, got the LUM running very well, users in and all seems to work well, apart from the speak notifications just does nothing, the Google nest show like there is something about to be said then nothing? Any ideas… ? Cheers.

Scrap that I am an idiot, 6 is 6% not volume level 6 that’s 60… lol… Sorry

What is the difference with keyboard and manual

What do you do with locks with rfid and fingerprint reader, Can you get nothification on the iser there to

Keypad is punching in a code to lock/unlock.

Manual is throwing the bolt lever to lock/unlock.

As to the other, Ill leave that to someone who knows.

1 Like

Manual also includes using the key

1 Like

What about rfid and finger notifikations
Would like to diffirentate behavor depending on person

@RBoy @maddie
SmartThings has left many loyal users with very little to work with, in terms of Edge and what will/won’t work. I know that you guys have/are working at higher levels within Samsung, and I’m guessing that you have legal agreements that keep you from disclosing information. Without exposing yourselves from a legal standpoint, can you give us any type of comfort that you’re on top of this Edge/Groovy killing scenario? Personally, I’ve spent many many hours of planning and work to make sure that my environment will be only minimally (if at all) impacted when Samsung flips the switch…. But I have no concept of what will happen with my LUM, which is an extremely important part of my automated environment. Pls provide any assurances that you are legally able.

@nathancu @barron @Ashley69

6 Likes

I’ve been getting false SMS notification about people ID’d in LUM going in and out of the house (and probably garage sensor status, too) when these things never happened (I’ve been in the house).

But these incidents do not show on the ST app.

(I can’t help but feel my ST account is h-cked.)

I too am very interested to know how the RLA is going to move into the new platform without groovy. I’ve been a loyal user of the app since the very beginning and I have several locations with purchased licenses.

@RBoy or @maddie - I sure would love to hear that there are plans, and how migration will work. I know nothing about the platform transition, other than it will break the existing LUM and RLA apps.

What does the future have in store for us?

4 Likes

Personally hoping they move over to Hubitat.