initially, I received a response that said “That’s a bug with the new ST
app and how it displays information reported by device handlers. We’ve
reported it to ST support. Basically the new app isn’t displaying the
“descriptionText” as reported by the device handler (stock or custom),
while the Classic app does.” That seems to say the problem lies in the
new app. Then, after passing on SmartThings lack of support, I was told
I could change the device handler if I wanted. After questioning that
suggestion, I’m now pretty much told to buy a repeater. So is my problem
not related to a failing in the new ST app after all?

See why I’m confused.

There are two separate issues here, if you’re seeing the name show up in the Recent events tab in the Classic app and not in the device History tab in the new app, that’s a bug with the new app. We’re also reported it to ST and they’re aware of it. However how soon/if they fix it will depends on how many folks report the issue and they prioritize it accordingly.
If you aren’t seeing any names in either app, then it’s likely related to the mesh. As you’ve already read in the article, there are two messages sent by the lock, one for the event and one with the name. If the event with the name is lost then you just get a lock/unlock notification but no name. Most of the times this can be fixed with a simple buffering device (repeater) as explained in the article.
There’s also another known issue with the platform which may affect specific locks that send out of or order events. However in your case since it was working for the past 3 years and now it’s stopped, that’s a classic sign of mesh trouble which is explained in the article.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and examples. I’ve already passed this back to our CS team leadership.

As a reminder to all, SmartApps and DTHs work just fine in the new app as long as they have been updated to use standard capabilities or custom capabilities/VID created through the CLI. More info here: Custom Capability and CLI Developer Preview.

Please also remember:

• The tiles architecture that worked for DTHs in Classic doesn’t work in the new app and has been replaced by UI Metadata (see above article about the capabilities model)

• We analyzed the most popular DTHs using custom capabilities (covering 95% of total install volume and 100% of ST approved DTHs) before starting migration and confirmed that they work and display properly in the new app. If you’re running into any issues with custom DTHs, please contact the developer and ask them to update the DTH using the new capabilities model, which should resolve the issue for you and any other users.

1 Like

I can confirm I see names in the Classic app and in the IDE but they don’t show up in the new app. I do however get Android notifications that include the name of the lock/unlocker and which device it was for.

Kind of annoying so hoping they can get the history fixed for the new app.

1 Like

@RBoy just currious…does all your software work in hubitat?
Thanks
Dom

1 Like

Looking for some help/insight on an issue I’m having. I’m using LUM v07.13.07 with Schlage BE469, all user codes entered into LUM work as expected and the lock looks good in logs. After upgrading to the new SmartThings app STHM tasks no longer work related to the lock. In the classic app I used to have the lock disarm the alarm if it was enabled with SHM. This does not work in the new app with STHM, I have followed the suggestions to use a virtual switch and related automations. The virtual switches alone run as expected, so tapping the “STHM Disarm” virtual switch does disarm the alrm. Unlocking the Schlage lock via code does not seem to interact with the virtual switch at all (ie. unlock lock, turn virtual switch “STHM Disarm” on). Just looking for some ideas as how to troubleshoot or fix this, or if anyone else has seen this issue.

1 Like

If you’re using a Schlage Connect or BE469 you may want to refer to this post. These models have a firmware defect where it can lose notifications which may explain why your switch isn’t triggered. There’s a partial fix available for it through the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave lock device handler.

Another point to check, when creating an Automation which is triggered when your Virtual Disarm switch is turned on, you need to “turn off your virtual switch” in the same automation or it won’t trigger the next time.

Hey I just wanted to give a shout out to @maddie over at RBoy Apps. She’s been fantastic with her prompt and helpful responses. I absolutely love rboy apps and it’s made SmartThings “usable” for me. I appreciate you keeping everything updated. I would probably have walked away if it wasn’t for LUM, Garage door manager, Intruder alerts and the other awesome apps they’ve have put together. Rock solid stuff, keep it up guys!

3 Likes

Is there a detailed description
of the LUM app on how to announce (voice) when a user unlocks the door and enters the house? Thank you. I cant quite figure out which notification to use. I also couldnt not find where to put where to say “welcome home xxx”. Thank you @RBoy

First, you have to have a speaker that is supported by Smartthings. With the new Alexa skill and Echo Speaks going away, there is no direct integration with Echo devices. You can work around that by using a Virtual Switch/Sensor and changing its setting when the door is locked/unlocked and have that Virtual device trigger a routine to do the voice announcement. That’s how I have Alexa greet us when we get home by using a virtual presence sensor in ST to trigger the routine in Alexa.

If you have speakers that are directly supported by ST (Sonos for instance), you have two options for voice notifications. First, there is the general voice notifications that are found in the main General Settings of the LUM home screen. Click on Notifications->Speak notifications on->Select your device(s).

If you would like per-lockcode announcements, you can find those in the lockcode user management settings. Near the bottom click on Custom actions/notifications->Define custom notifications for /name/->Notifications->Speak notifications on->Select your device. Similar to the workaround for Echo devices mentioned above, you can have individual separate Virtual Sensors for each lock code and change their mode when the door is unlocked/locked to trigger a specific routine for that door code in Alexa.

Hope this helps!

@RBoy emailed hubitat about wanting your apps available on their platform but never heard back from.them. I see many people here starting to move over but until your apps are available on that platform im not moving but I have read the comments & Anthony’s over in the developers area & it’s clear there is alot of frustration from people like yourself, anthony & others & too see many post go unanswered is just wrong.
In another note not sure if you are aware but actiontiles will be available on hubitat so you may want to see what they did.

1 Like

@RBoy Feel like a noob asking this but hit a wall. I am preparing to move from SHM classic app to STHM new app. Installed LUM as well as Enhanced ZigBee Keypad handler onto two Iris v2 (3405-L) keypads. The keypads see the user codes from LUM and responding well. However, LUM isn’t changing the “Change Mode To” for SHM Classic App or Turning On a virtual switch I have put as a place holder for STHM automations… can’t figure out why…

@RBoy I’ve been using LUM for years with one lock with no problems. I just installed a new Kwikset 912 Z-wave lock and am using one instance of the app for both locks. However, when I setup the user codes, each user shows the following “Door Lock is CONFIGURED TO ACCEPT 0 DIGIT CODES ONLY, PROGRAMMING WILL FAIL!” The color is yellow.

I tried the rest procedure (setting number of users to zero, and also setting to max users for ten mins), but same issue. Having said that, the codes do seem to work on the lock(s) and can be used to unlock to door. So not sure if error message is real or not. Any thoughts?

Hi all. I know there’s a notification for if a door is left open for X time, but I can’t find a notification for if a lock is left unlocked for X time? Am I missing it?

THANK YOU so much for your reply. Just so happens I have a whole house SONOS system and alexa… so Though I’m sad to hear echo speaks is going away, I’m happy to hear I can work with SONOS! Many, many thanks again! I’ll give that a try!!!

LUM has an option to automatically relock your lock if it’s been left unlocked. Try this app, it can monitor many more types of devices including unlocked conditions

@RBoy Do you plan to eventually provide lum and device driver for Hubitat? I heard that it’s not such a huge change between the two, but I wanted to know if you have any advice for subscribers who are migrating to Hubitat.

I just installed a Kwikset 912 Z-Wave Plus lock. In case anyone runs into the same issue I did, I had to manually force the device to use the custom Rboy Z-Wave lock DTH in the SmartThings IDE. Rboy also updated the driver to account for new features of this lock and everything now works perfectly! Kudos to @RBoy for being so responsive, this app is awesome!

3 Likes

I’ve recently discovered that my Yale Real living zwave lock (YRD240-NR-619) identities manual unlocks from inside as “Code 1” performing the action. I realized this when I set a Webcore piston to include a notification and it was firing Evey time I unlocked from inside.

Reading some threads on Webcore community, someone mentioned that Smartthings Smart Lock Guest Access begins assigning codes at slot 2.

Is there a way to assign users to a specific slot in LUM or perhaps set it to start with slot 2 to mimic the integrated lock manager behavior and avoid the issue with Yale reporting lock user actions when code 1 is used?