[RELEASE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Maybe kickback message in ST after X errors, or somehow get battery low
sethings working. If it can’t communicate, you could suggest solutions
such as battery or hub restart.

11:27:41 PM: error groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for: java.util.Date(java.math.BigDecimal) b972e13d-9328-4483-aab5-be393cbae816 11:27:41 PM: trace Settings shortest pending time to 1199.957 seconds b972e13d-9328-4483-aab5-be393cbae816 11:27:41 PM: trace Front Door Lock has not reached the time limit of 20 minutes yet, 19.9992833333 minutes to go**strong text**

Thanks for sharing this. Will check it out.

EDIT: This could also explain the issue you’re running into. For now just reduce the auto lock timeout to a under 2 minutes, when using a larger number the groovy platform is automatically converting it to BigDecimal instead of Long which is causing the issue which in turn causes it not to schedule the function.

Simplest way is just comment out the line 1631 in the code and it should start working.

def runTime = new Date(now() + (seconds * 1000)) // for runOnce

Will be making a new release next week with along with an updatd DH to support additional features such as RFID cards etc so please bear with us until then.

1 Like

That is probably it. I have mine set to 20 minutes. Thanks!

What type of RFID support are you looking at adding? Any specific lock models?

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.0.0

• Fixed issue with Auto Relock and Auto Unlock not working for some users
  • Improved the reliability of Expire type codes
  • Added support for RFID card reporting
  • To use the advanced features (RFID, Lock based actions, Tamper Alarms) you require the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler version 3.0.0. All the rest of the functionality will continue to work with the Stock ST Z-Wave Device Handler.

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features) device handler version 3.0.0 or later for full SmartApp functionality

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.
2 Likes

@RBoy

Feature Request

Auto Lock Door after selected amount of time after unlocked but door not opened.

Club Steve Auto-lock has this feature which I am using. I have never been able to get the auto-lock to work in your app, which I now believe was due to my time selected was 5 minutes ( not under the 2 minutes as aforementioned ) but even still, I believe this feature request valuable.

What is the use case?

When I (or anyone) comes home we may want to auto-unlock a front door and a side or back door based on presence. We may use one door one time and another door another time depending on groceries or snow on our feet or raining or whatever.

The current setup auto-locks if the door has been opened and closed…but does not auto-lock the unused door. SmartThings offerings did much of the same but I never understood the reasoning.

If auto-lock is selected natively on the lock it auto-locks no matter what. When I think of auto-lock this is what I wish to happen. Auto-lock the door regardless of use.

1 Like

So if I get this right you want the timer to start when the door unlocks. If it’s unopened within that timeout it locks itself again. If the door is opened in between then the timer will reset and start over.

Correct! :slight_smile:

I forgot to say PLEASE!..kinda rude huh? My apologies.

@RBoy

This may be a shot in the dark but…

Also, I have another scenario for your consideration…

Auto-lock override per door.

Use Case:

I have a detached garage that I go back and forth from house to when I’m tinkering.

I would love to be able to have auto-lock on a door of my choice with an override switch or lock.

If the garage door is unlocked I can trigger a virtual switch or even set a variable (I do this now) that will override the auto-lock feature.

Make sense?

1 Like

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.1.0

• Enhanced Auto ReLock to relock the door it hasn’t been opened for the configured time

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features) device handler version 3.0.0 or later for full SmartApp functionality

2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

@Drewbert34 the ReLock and Unlock actions are all per door actions since a few versions ago.

1 Like

You mean there is an auto-lock override per door?..as in, I can say "auto-lock this door only if this switch (or lock, or variable) is on?

No matter really. I have to get the auto-lock working correctly 1st. I think I might have stumbled on a solution and will report back.

Yes. With the new UI it’s in the first page under door actions, separate for each lock if you’ve enabled the option to set it for each lock on the same page.

Auto-lock worked for a short while today but just quit. Many Hub resets and z-wave repairs later and I’ve given up.

I reinstalled Club Steve’s auto lock code and the doors auto-lock as they should.

I’m at a loss.

Yeah sorry, it’s just the platform. I’ve been tracking it, it seems to be running slow and timing out or having scheduling issues. Sometimes it better to split the functionality up just to reduce the load on the platform.

Hello @RBoy,

I’m using the latest versions of both your “Enhanced device handler” and the “advanced smart app” along with a YALE YRD-210 lock. I can’t find anywhere to configure the invalid code notification.

Possibly I installed the advanced notification smartapp before I installed your device handler that enables the invalid code notification? I’m not sure what I did wrong. Or how to fix it, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

There’s no configuration to be done, if your lock supports invalid codes and configured to send the notifications the app will alert the user. Just make sure you’re configured your lock to send notification for every invalid code, by default most locks are configured to send the notification after 2 or 4 invalid code entries.

Are you referring to the “Wrong Code Entry limit” setting?

Yes…<10 chars minimum>

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.1.1

• Workaround for ST bug with contact address book for notifications

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro and Samsung Lock Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features) device handler version 3.0.1 or later for full SmartApp functionality

1 Like

HI, just installed the app yesterday v 5.1.1, and it’s great! However under “Recently” There are hundreds of items listed from the app. It’s clogging it. I’ve set max users to 3 (there are 3 users set), and enabled incremental updates only.

My lock is called “Front Door” and I’ve named the app “Lock Codes”

The log continually repeats with:

Front Door

• Code 3 is not set
    Front Door
  • Code 3 is not set
    Lock Codes
    Front Door
  • Code 3 is not set
    Front Door
  • Code 3 is not set
    Lock Codes