[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

I wouldn’t expect that anytime soon because it isn’t a Smartapp issue. ST hasn’t exposed STHM to be able to do what SHM did in Classic.

Create a virtual switch or use a real switch to turn on/off to trigger an automation to arm or disarm STHM. That’s what I and several others do.

1 Like

Late response, but this worked like a charm. Thank you!

what is the logical way to do this?
i can create a virtual switch in the IDE and then create two automation, if virtual switch is on/off then arm/disarm and run scene.
then do i modify my goodbye/i’m back automations to use the virtual switch?

Hi @RottenMutt, yup that should do the trick.

In the image you posted above, have a switch turn off when a user unlocks a lock. Then in an Automation, the “IF” condition would be that virtual switch being turned off, and in the “THEN” section, change your security mode, run a scene, send notifications, and/or control additional devices. Just as you’ve described w/two automations.

Then finally, in your goodbye/I’m back automations, trip that virtual switch. I did that for a long time until I finally picked up another Iris keypad.

Can we get the little up right action button on the Tile?

1 Like

Sure, I believe referring to the lock device handler (this topic is about the LUM SmartApp). You can see this update here for details.

@RBoy @maddie I’m not sure when it started but I’ve noticed in the last week or so that I am no longer getting the “door left open” notifications that I used to get.

I updated to the latest release and I’ve gone in and unconfigured and reconfigured the Door open/close actions -> Notify if door has been left open slider on several locks and I’m pretty sure that the open/close sensors are reporting correctly.

Also, totally unrelated to the above, I thought there was a behavior of the app to retract the deadbolt for a door that is not closed when locked. I can’t figure out where the setting existed to enable it in the app but it seems to no longer do that. Was that removed for security reasons…or am I forgetting where this is set?

@Rboy Any thoughts on the previous post about the open door alerts and the auto-relock?

I just checked and the door open notifications are working fine. Check that you’ve selected a door sensor, the interval and check any mode restrictions. You need click Done on the main page for it to start monitoring the sensor. See attached screenshot

Since it was working earlier and if the configuration is fine then it’s the door sensor or mesh which dropping or not sending the open event.

As for the deadbolt unlock when the door is open, that feature was disabled for security reasons. Some folks reported that by jiggling a door with an misaligned sensor or a faulty sensor it could lead the lock to spontaneously unlock :astonished:

I’m sorry if this has been covered, or if this doesn’t even fit in this thread (maybe it belongs in the keypad device thread)…but is there a way for the keypads to reflect the status of STHM? I have done the workaround for the virtual devices, to control STHM…but I haven’t figured out how to have the keypad actually show the status.

Thanks!

Thanks @RBoy for the feedback and support as always - I think I got the notifications working.

I knew the events from the sensors were propagating because I have LUM set up with rules to turn on lights when unlocking and those that have been firing. I checked the GraphAPI page for the actual LUM settings and those implied I couldn’t figure anything out but I randomly just tried “Disable all Push Notifications” and then toggled them back on. Immediately I started to see the “Scheduled to run notifyOpenDoor XXXX” events in the logs and sure enough I got the event. In retrospect I am guessing that no notifications were getting through, not just the open door ones.

So, not sure if this got screwed up in the migration to the new ST app or what. You call obviously, but it might make sense to do a check in the app once a day or something to forcibly enable/disable notifications per the setting the user has made.

@RBoy…sorry but I think I spoke too soon. It seems that if I toggle the alerts it works but then it ends up going back to the state where I get no alerts. I did a bit of debugging today and noticed that there is a Groovy error when a door opens so my guess is that since errors halt execution that the callback execution never gets schduled.

I’ll slide into your DMs with the logs and specifics.

Under Door open/close action’s Is there any way to select more than one sensor? Whenever any of the doors in my house open I want my ring keypad to make a noise. It looks like you can only select one of the sensors at the moment.

Try this app: [RELEASE] Door Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors

Has anyone received any updates on the app history? I reported it to Samsung after switching to the new app in September but I’m still seeing the guy floating in the pool and no history for my Schlage 469 lock.

@RBoy is there any way lum can control my garage door? It’s a genie alladin brand. Its wifi & does work with alexa but I cant get it to appear as a device in smartthings.

There’s no way LUM can control a device until its visible in SmartThings…

That said. LUM is for locks, what do you want it to do?

I was looking to setup my door in smartthings & once Samsung’s fixes presence I could automate the door with it. Only other thing ulis wanted to do was setup alexa to announce garage door open & close but I cant find a way to add a virtual sensor to the door. It does work with alexa though.

Cool, still doesn’t have anything to do with LUM. Your best bet is the WebCoRE solution in the other thread (I’ve seen you read it so I wont link it here) you’re on until Genie/Aladdin makes its official integration available.

@all4dom , take a look at the Garage Door Manager for the automation needed.

You’ll still need to figure out how to add your door as a SmartThings device as has been noted elsewhere. Given it is WiFi, you will need to find a compatible Device Handler. I will note that the Chamberlain MyQ Smart Hub Black was on sale for $17 USD as an Amazon Black Friday deal today, and MyQ plays well with SmartThings.

1 Like