[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

I am now using the new Smartthings app on IOS. Some of my existing migrated routines and my newly created scenes and automations are not showing up in Rboy Lock User Management (LUM) SmartApp in “run routine” under “Manage users”. When I changed the name of a scene that was selectable, the LUM routine did not reflect the change. I have deleted and reinstalled the Smartthings app no avail. Any suggestions?

I saw that you were planning on adding a counter for logging how many times a user uses a lock back in May 2018. Love the functionality of the app, but having a counter available for each user would be really helpful. Is this now available? Thanks!

I’ve had both new and old ST apps installed for some time, but have just recently created automations and such to replace old routines.

I’m to the point where most everything is installed to new app but LUM still seems to be sending push notifications to old app. I have uninstalled old ST app, and now do not get LUM notifications pushed to new app at all. Do I need to remove/reinstall LUM to have it register/push to new?

LUM (or any SmartApp) cannot choose where to send push notifications. It only tells the platform to send it and depending on how your ST mobile app(s) are setup to receive push notifications, the platform routes it to them.

In this case it sounds like your notification settings inside the new ST app (there is a whole separate page for this in the new ST app in the settings page which allows granular notification control) or the iOS/Android ST mobile app notification permissions (OS settings) need to be checked.

1 Like

Hi -

Got the info about the transition from the old Smartthings app to the new
one from Samsung. I’ve been using LUM in both and had no issues until
today. All I’ve done is remove Echo Speaks and set up the new Alexa Voice
assistant integration and now LUM seems not to be working correctly. I
didn’t get a notification when the door was unlocked and it didn’t change
the home mode like it was supposed to. Also, adding a new lock user, it
never turns from yellow to green.

I also noticed that there is an option to add LUM in the new app even
though it’s already there. However, if you do that you end up with two
instances of the app in your Smartapps list and the second one has zero
configuration. Hoping I don’t have to reinstall and reconfigure :-/

Please let me know if you have seen this already and have a solution.

Thanks!

I think they’re unrelated because I replicated the same exercise a few hours ago, removed echo speaks and connected the new Alexa integration and it’s working fine. You don’t need to do anything with LUM (since it’s been working for you with both apps).
What you’re describing sounds like a classic case of lock having trouble with the mesh where it’s lost (part or all) of its connection with the hub. Try to reboot the hub otherwise you may need to exclude and re-pair your lock. Be sure to have a buffering repeater close to your lock which helps improve mesh stability (not bullet proof but helps significantly)

The lock in question is within 10 feet of a mesh device and 20 feet of the main ST hub.

Rboy, do you need additional information in order to reply to my inquiry on missing routines? I also noticed that at least one of my LUM codes which usually unlocks two other Schlage locks now does not unlock them.

Routines has been replaced with Scenes in the new app which cannot be triggered directly from SmartApps at this time.
If you’re on the latest version of LUM there are tons of options to trigger actions including locking/unlocking other locks via the keypad/manual actions page (so you don’t need a scene or routine). You can also check out this app we created to synchronize multiple locks/garage doors: [RELEASE] Lock and Door Synchronizer, synchronize your locks with other locks, deadbolts, doors, switches/relays

If you want to trigger a scene, just create a virtual switch and have LUM trigger the virtual switch as part of the keypad/manual locking/unlocking actions and then create an Automation rule in the new app to trigger your scene when the virtual switch is triggered.

1 Like

hmmm…I am getting native Smart things notifications from the app (ie. STHM leak sensor alerts). I am also able to receive alerts embedded in automations.

Prior to deleting the old app, I would get native alerts from new app, and smartapp alerts from old app. After deleting old app, I’m not getting anything from smartapps (having same problem with Intruder Alert smartapp).

I did find the notifications settings which allows control over which devices can send notifications (all selected on), but did not see anything for smart apps. Getting native alerts seems to rule out ios notification settings.

I’m sure it’s an obvious user error, just having trouble finding it.

edit: have opened smartthings support ticket to see if they can help. All things point to native local hub initiated notifications working fine, but something about cloud/smartapp notifications just not routing to correct app?

edit 2: Smart Things support says notification from custom smartapps not supported, that doesnt seem right?

" Thank you for reaching out to Samsung SmartThings Support

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, we have reviewed your account “*******@*****.com” and found that there are custom smart app’s installed. Unfortunately, the new app does not support custom handlers or smart app’s which is why you are not receiving the notification for the Smart app’s.

We understand that classic app had all this features, we are working to offer you a complete smart home experience in a single app. we are working on bringing your favorite features to the new SmartThings App, so stay tuned. For everything else, you can check out our custom solutions by visiting the SmartThings community here."

Are there any plans on making notification text localizable/configurable? English is not the main language in my household , so I had edited the most common phrases we use directly in source code; but of course these will be overwritten anytime I update to a latest version.

And with a new version out, apparently voice notifications of available updates (in english) are coming through and people are confused :grin:

Is there a way to program codes every other week?

A new user of rboy apps and happy to be so. My question is where do I find history/log of the codes used and lock/unlock history. I am using LUM with rboy DH for my Schlage lock.

1 Like

Hi There,

I very recently started having an issue with LUM on the new SmartThings app. It now is not showing my LUM in the SmartApps lists. Device Handler and SmartApp code are updated, it works fine in the classic app, but when I go through the process of “adding” the SmartApp, I go back to the list and still nothing there.

Anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Noticed it seems to be doing the same thing with other apps, specifically Echo Speaks. Doesn’t show in the new SmartThings app, but does in the Classic version.

Echo Speaks - look under menu > settings (the cog) > linked services

Been using LUM with my Kwikset 916 over 3 years. It’s been great. Recently when viewing my lock history in the “old” SmartThings" app, I noticed no User name was shown when keypad was used to Unlock the door. It simply shows “Locked”. The message for locking/unlocking manually, however, does shows “Locked manually” or “Unlocked manually”. So I looked at the History in the “new” ST app. For all activity, it simply shows either “Locked” or “Unlocked”…no name given and no “Manually” shown. I’m on the latest version of LUM and DTH. I haven’t changed settings in years. Has something changed in ST or LUM. Is there some setting that might have changed I can set again. I’d really like to know which user is locking/unlocking the door. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I have sent a report to SmartThings with
screenshots from both ST apps.

Steve

SmartThings support has not been of any help. Here’s their latest response.

“Upon checking your account with the email id
stevefitz1@homeintyler.com”, I found the lock using a custom handler
rboy : Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms.
As custom handlers are currently not supported in the SmartThings App,
it is not going to work in the app.
Please exclude the lock and rejoin it using the standard “Z-Wave Lock”.
For lock code notification, you can configure the Smart Lock Guest
Access feature in the new app.
Here is the link to configure Smart Lock Guest Access in the new app:
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/200958090-Smart-Lock-Guest-Access
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.”

Not sure what my next step should be.

Thanks,

Steve

@RBoy

Support is misguided, but feel free to change the device handler and use the stock one, although I don’t think that will make any difference. LUM works with both (and yes they both work with the new app just fine). Alternatively, you may want to try to exclude your lock and pair it again, you’ve got a better chance of this fixing the issue.

Obviously the support staff don’t seem to know their own platform and what it supports. @blake.arnold some feedback to pass onto the support teams. If they don’t know what’s going on they should just say they have no idea or escalate it to someone who actually can figure it out rather than spreading misinformation.

2 Likes